Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Some Newbies Questions

Hey modding-guys :-o

During surfin dm-mod-section i saw some cfws and well, just thought hmhmhm, not exactly what i need ...

so my thoughts led me to make my own cfw, optimized for my needs and wishes ...

so, here are some questions ...

1) If i want to add an app to rofs i just have to unpack it with siscontents and move the files in the folders like private to the folder named like this in the rofs2 (edit with nokia editor by PNHT)

2) To remove a language I just need to delete all the files with the ending like .03 or similar (depending on language...)

3) Maybe little bit complex, BUUUT is it possible to move the contacts-carousel to the bottom (as it is an app with UID i think it should be possible, shouldn't it?)

4) Some apps require a registration, such as Epocware HandyWeather (or many others) if I want those apps on the z drive, act like question 1 is enough or neet some extra work? (If i do not want to register the app after a reset ...)

5) Is any possiblity found to bring the calendar-entries back to the HS when contact-carousel enabled

regards,
    Kevin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Some Newbies Questions

Quote Originally Posted by kev1807
    Hey modding-guys :-o

During surfin dm-mod-section i saw some cfws and well, just thought hmhmhm, not exactly what i need ...

so my thoughts led me to make my own cfw, optimized for my needs and wishes ...

so, here are some questions ...

1) If i want to add an app to rofs i just have to unpack it with siscontents and move the files in the folders like private to the folder named like this in the rofs2 (edit with nokia editor by PNHT)

2) To remove a language I just need to delete all the files with the ending like .03 or similar (depending on language...)

3) Maybe little bit complex, BUUUT is it possible to move the contacts-carousel to the bottom (as it is an app with UID i think it should be possible, shouldn't it?)

4) Some apps require a registration, such as Epocware HandyWeather (or many others) if I want those apps on the z drive, act like question 1 is enough or neet some extra work? (If i do not want to register the app after a reset ...)

5) Is any possiblity found to bring the calendar-entries back to the HS when contact-carousel enabled

regards,
    Kevin
    1.Yes, you are correct.
    2. Almost got it, it's actually .rxx (where xx is the language you don't want to have.)

The rest of your questions I'm unsure about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

5) I don't think so but just stick around maybe someone can find a way to implement it on the Contacts Homescreen theme

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thanks to both of u :-)

well ... busy with exams therefore I don't drop in the forum very often, so it took a while to answer ... :-)
    maybe tonight or tomorrow morning I'll start work on my very own CFW with all the damn good work and help of members of this forum :-)

thanks to all of u :-)

best would be if someone can answer my other questions, but 4 I just will try as soon as i catch enough time for that :-D
    (but this cfw is not to be send here, am i right, bcoz of warez-like stuff ... if u don't need to register and u don't need to pay ...)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kev1807
    Most apps which require registration will create/modify files when the registration code is entered (eg: Garmin Mobile XT creates a file called SW.UNL), so as long as you know the files, it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Most apps which require registration will create/modify files when the registration code is entered (eg: Garmin Mobile XT creates a file called SW.UNL), so as long as you know the files, it shouldn't be too hard.

don't u have to have a the file and to know the directory the app searches in, so just copy the file in the dependency and let the game begin?

hmhm so i have to register the prog and copy the needed file with it ...
    so adding registration requiring apps to Z is more negative, bcoz every1 has to do it for himself ... (otherwise it would be warez, wouldn't it? )