Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default REQUEST: "Stock" 5800 CFW with more RAM?

I realize that the idea of cooking S60 firmware is pretty new, but it's really exciting to think we can get so much more out of our phones now. And some of the things I've already been reading are pretty cool!

I do have a request, though. I've been seeing that some FW versions are able to have a higher amount of free RAM upon bootup, and as this is such a major hamstringing issue for most of us (I hate the way my 5800 runs out of RAM), I'm curious if anyone who knows such things can upload a custom FW that stays relatively stock (ie., doesn't add custom effects and software), but frees up a bigger chunk of RAM (which seems possible, given some of the claims on this and other sites).

I think a lot of people would be interested in something of this nature. Anyone working on it? Anyone find this easy enough to do that they could upload it for us?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: REQUEST: "Stock" 5800 CFW with more RAM?

This is probably not necessary. With a hacked phone, you can delete/uninstall/move the apps that you don't need, and thus they won't load into RAM when the phone boots. I think this is how ppl have been doing with cooked roms.

This way, each one could remove their app pf choice.

Of course, this would have to be redone after a hard reset.

I guess that for devs of cooked roms, there is more fun in creating a fw with their stuff that to simply remove stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: REQUEST: "Stock" 5800 CFW with more RAM?

Quote Originally Posted by paulotex
    This is probably not necessary. With a hacked phone, you can delete/uninstall/move the apps that you don't need, and thus they won't load into RAM when the phone boots. I think this is how ppl have been doing with cooked roms.

This way, each one could remove their app pf choice.

Of course, this would have to be redone after a hard reset.

I guess that for devs of cooked roms, there is more fun in creating a fw with their stuff that to simply remove stuff.
    i agree with u
    now the most important problem is
    how to release more RAM.
    but i think if this idea comes true,it will be wonderful!