Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: [QUESTION] Attention FW Cookers. How to preinstall apps within FW?

Quote Originally Posted by Don MC
    Hmm. What the hell am I doing wrong?

There's a folder called "License_Manager" inside the Maps sis. It also contains "c_private" etc. folders. Did you also copy those to the same locations?

EDIT: OK. I am now doing them one at a time. Tried only Ovi Store first. It worked! The trouble is with Maps then.
    Actually, I found problems with Maps: after the flash it used to work, but now it doesn't starts. Gotta work on this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It's because everyone is showing off their CFW instead of spending 5 minutes and explaining step-by-step how they inserted apps in Z or whatever changes/mods they make. 100 topics with users showing off their CFW, but only a few actually explaining how to do this or that. Too bad.

I think moderators should ban topics like "My CFW v.0.1" or whatever and instead gather all the mods in one closed topic and so everyone can make their own CFW based on those findings, and later on have another topic about CFW with just the link and changes made to it, so that those who don't cook can just download them by choosing which one suits best.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vaterix
    It's because everyone is showing off their CFW instead of spending 5 minutes and explaining step-by-step how they inserted apps in Z or whatever changes/mods they make. 100 topics with users showing off their CFW, but only a few actually explaining how to do this or that. Too bad.

I think moderators should ban topics like "My CFW v.0.1" or whatever and instead gather all the mods in one closed topic and so everyone can make their own CFW based on those findings, and later on have another topic about CFW with just the link and changes made to it, so that those who don't cook can just download them by choosing which one suits best.
    i totally agree no 1 has really made a nice and easy clear tutorial to preinstall apps, i have tried and failed at this still with no luck.
    people should jus explain how they did it so people can make their own because most of these cooked firmwares have lots unwanted apps and themes etc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

when
    Quote Originally Posted by Don MC
    Thanks! Will try it.
    What about the .pkg files in the sis folder root?

And another thing: Does this mod work also if placed in rofs?:
    http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...c,11289.0.html
    What i must do when i have folder d_private (in this folder i have sis file)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I see, the the files for sys should be copied to hash folder as well. no wonder that the apps i put on rofs2 didnt work :P

Thanks andyx +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i never put a file too hash and many progs runs!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    I see, the the files for sys should be copied to hash folder as well. no wonder that the apps i put on rofs2 didnt work :P

Thanks andyx +1
    as Maler said, not at all! Have a look at the Nokia preinstalled apps on z:. No need of
    sys:/hash
    sys:/uninstall

sys:/install is used by Nokia-apps, but it isn't necessary for apps to run - I left that completely out and all working apps in z: are ok without it.

so to sum up what you have to copy:
    private\101f875a
    private\10202be9
    private\appspecific
    resource\*
    sys\bin\*
    system\*

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

private\101f875a is for autostart i think and dont work in z you can remove the files in all apps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Actually, from what i am seeing on the russian roms that are the most impressive out of every one i've ever seen, with lots of integrated programs and everything working perfectly, they do use the hash folder for stuff that's in sys/bin, but they do it the right way. All files in there are 1k and are filled with code stuff.

So. There must be some program or some method to generate the proper hash files out of what we are going to be injecting into sys/bin.

We just need to find it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Okay, folks. Bingo. While i havent tested this yet, the theory sounds really good. I don't have time now to try, but if anyone else does, please report results.

1) First - use SisContents to extract your package that you want to integrate into your rom. Of your executables, look at the permissions that would be assigned to them, then download this program called petran from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ry9o0ku4nbm

2) Use petran to patch your executable via command prompt. To use it, this is how it works:
    petran.exe -capabilities NetworkServices+LocalServices+ReadUserData+WriteUs erData+UserEnvironment+AllFiles (exe file name here)

For example if i want to 'patch' an applictaion exe called 'crazy.exe' then you type : petran.exe -capabilities NetworkServices+LocalServices+ReadUserData+WriteUs erData+UserEnvironment+AllFiles crazy.exe

Petran will then patch the application exe file for you.

3) Next, download a hash generator from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yy720n1clyt

Put it in your same folder you have your petran.exe and this one is one you can drag the patched exe onto the dialog box of the application. It'll create your same exe with a .hash at the extension. This is what you will copy to sys/hash and remember to remove the .hash prior to cooking the rom.

**** NOTE ABOUT HASH FILES & PETRAN PATCHING ****
    From what i read, it looks like the combination of these two steps allows you to install programs without signing them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast