Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Announcement ** NokiaEditor!!! *UPDATE BETA 0.7* Cook your own FW :) PNHT

Quote Originally Posted by citizen32
    i juz flashed with pirate_killers CFW for my N97-RM505 and i few question be4 i try this.

1. does it support N97?
    2.as far as i concern, this app can remove language from Rofs2 file but how to i add language to inside ? example: Chinese language.
    3.after i modified my rofs2 file, do i need to add RP+ inside as if i wan to flash with pirate_killers CFW ( coz inside include everythings)

million in thanks
    1. Yes, it supports the N-97.
    2. Adding languages is not too simple. One good practice is to take the rofs2 which contains your language files and start editing that.
    3. yes. you need to add all the files in your rofs2.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Announcement ** NokiaEditor!!! *UPDATE BETA 0.7* Cook your own FW :) PNHT

hey guys, is there a newer version available ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

when new version release, may be it support core editor :P
    i hope

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Guys, first of all, thank you very much for developing this application!! It is really useful!

Now, I want to unpack and then repack again the ROFS2 in order to add a language (using ROFS2 Language Tool by Gonizah v1.7.2) but problem is that I have a 5730 and I don't know whether it will work or not.

Which available option is it better to choose? 5320?

Will it work smoothly
    I'm concerned about destroying completely the telephone. What is the worst that can happen?

Thank you very much!

PS: I don't know if this helps, but when I (successfully) unpack it, it shows this perturbing line:

Code:
    File fixed - removed 64 headers
    Is that alright?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tauro_kpo
    Guys, first of all, thank you very much for developing this application!! It is really useful!

Now, I want to unpack and then repack again the ROFS2 in order to add a language (using ROFS2 Language Tool by Gonizah v1.7.2) but problem is that I have a 5730 and I don't know whether it will work or not.

Which available option is it better to choose? 5320?

Will it work smoothly
    I'm concerned about destroying completely the telephone. What is the worst that can happen?

Thank you very much!

PS: I don't know if this helps, but when I (successfully) unpack it, it shows this perturbing line:

Code:
    File fixed - removed 64 headers
    Is that alright?
    yes. i believe 5320 would be the right option since they have the same operating system. yes, it means it successfully removed the header files so you can edit the firmware. make a small change or even simply repack and flash it so you can test it mate. let us know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hey oreo27 I already did it!

I want to report that it works fine with the Nokia 5730 S-1 choosing the 5320 option. I first tried uncompressing the rofs2 file, then compressing it and flashing... and it worked alright!

So now I want to edit the input languages from this model. I copied all the needed files of the language I'm trying to add, I learn how to edit the ecom-2-0.spi file with a hex editor, with help of this post http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...html#msg197819 but the structure of the ecom-2-0.spi is different from the 5800... so it's not 100% alike. Now I need to edit the file /Sys/Bin/PtiKeymappings_XX.dll but I don't know how I can do such a thing... since it is .dll it's not hex-editable.

Is there a way to modify this file? Could anybody please give me the tools or point me in the right direction?

It's just the last step!

Thank you very very much!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello,

I have a Nokia 5530 (RM-504).

It is currently running the v20 official firmware. I read the tutorial and understood most of it but am unclear of certain parts. When i read the comments I just became more confused than ever. I am a noob... and not so tech-lingo savvy.

Basically i have these questions:

1) Should I update it first to v30 before attempting to do this?
    2) Does this work for Nokia 5530 RM-504 models?
    3) At step 15, if I don't see my model, what do i do? (read the below part but couldn't understand what was meant)
    4) Is there any drawbacks to doing this (e.g. Completely destroying your phone?) ?

P.S. I also tried watching the videos and got nothing.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cfwnoob
    Hello,

I have a Nokia 5530 (RM-504).

It is currently running the v20 official firmware. I read the tutorial and understood most of it but am unclear of certain parts. When i read the comments I just became more confused than ever. I am a noob... and not so tech-lingo savvy.

Basically i have these questions:

1) Should I update it first to v30 before attempting to do this?
    2) Does this work for Nokia 5530 RM-504 models?
    3) At step 15, if I don't see my model, what do i do? (read the below part but couldn't understand what was meant)
    4) Is there any drawbacks to doing this (e.g. Completely destroying your phone?) ?

P.S. I also tried watching the videos and got nothing.

Any Help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    1. an update is not necessary but it is recommended.
    2. yes, it does.
    3. there is no step #15. can you please elaborate?
    4. yes, bricking your phone and having to flash back to original firmware to revive it. total drawback time is around 3 minutes mate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you for this great application. This editor supports 5230/5235 afaik. But when running the application what model should I choose from the dropdown list? 5800? Or should I enter my model number manually?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora13
    Thank you for this great application. This editor supports 5230/5235 afaik. But when running the application what model should I choose from the dropdown list? 5800? Or should I enter my model number manually?

Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast