Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Announcement ** NokiaEditor!!! *UPDATE BETA 0.7* Cook your own FW :) PNHT

Can everyone just chill and get back to topic or posts will be deleted...DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MINE!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Announcement ** NokiaEditor!!! *UPDATE BETA 0.7* Cook your own FW :) PNHT

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    I am fair when it comes to what's wrong and what's not. In the rules section, there is no specific rule that says you cannot post links to other websites, however, it is somehow wrong that he posted:

1. Something off topic
    2. A link to another forum.

So I agree with you on that point.

But, it still doesn't give you the right to bash Il.Socio's work.

Edit: Even though you didn't say any foul language, you insinuated that Il.Socio is a fraud and a cheat, which I don't think he is.

I also noticed you removed the bolded text which contained the statement "what a joke, what a copy". Thank you for doing that. I suggest you also delete that part entirely.
    Where I wrote that some one is fraud? Its your point not mine. I posted that why not that person post his app before PNHT, So it creates doubts. If il.socio feels that I'm not right here then He is welcome to say for himself. And my opinion is of myself not of PNHT. Who you are for il.socio? Thanks for agreeing for a point of my post. Thanks at least you are agree on 1. I have not removed any bold statement I posted, you can check again, May be some Mod have done it. I have no fear to retain it. You guys can say anything like fonix232 posted and Me posted in reaction. So if the action was wrong then reaction must be wrong for him The il.socio.

What a joke and What a copy is for the link posted by fonix232, You guys molded my words to your thaughts. Really shame on your brains.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ramisumi
    Where I wrote that some one is fraud? Its your point not mine. I posted that why not that person post his app before PNHT, So it creates doubts. If il.socio feels that I'm not right here then He is welcome to say for himself. And my opinion is of myself not of PNHT. Who you are for il.socio? Thanks for agreeing for a point of my post. Thanks at least you are agree on 1. I have not removed any bold statement I posted, you can check again, May be some Mod have done it. I have no fear to retain it. You guys can say anything like fonix232 posted and Me posted in reaction. So if the action was wrong then reaction must be wrong for him The il.socio.

What a joke and What a copy is for the link posted by fonix232, You guys molded my words to your thaughts. Really shame on your brains.
    I am defending nobody. I speak for no one but myself. I think what you did was wrong. Shame on me? I simply translated what you said. A copy is a fraud, it's the same thing. I simply comprehended what you said. Forgive me for comprehension.

This will be the last off topic I will ever write here. It's a waste of time for me to try and make you understand that what you did was bash. So I guess I'll move on.

Mods, you are more than welcome to delete my posts. It's senseless and quite frankly pointless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fonix232
    And yet still Il.Socio's app is the best!

http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...hp?f=6&t=42454
    Fonix, i don't know what's wrong with you:

First, you go to SF and state that you're working with PNHT and that we're gonna release a shared tool, which wasn't true.

Second, you weren't aware that Marco (Il.Socio) was coding NokiaCooker and you even said to me on MSN (He betrayed Me!).
    So what's your point here?? You and I know that it's PNHT who was the pioneers in re-hacking Nokia phones and introducing firmware Cooking. You even was eager to acquire technical details and you stated that it was just for knowledge. Now Marco released a Tool, which PNHT don't mind at all! It's just the question about who discover(ed) it first

@Ramisumi
    I understand your point but you put it in the wrong way. We PNHT don't mind that our work is used by other coders. At the end, it's just a matter of taste. Each one could code the Tool as he likes But everyone (should)knows to whom all the credit goes to. I don't even care if people uses PNHT's or Il.Socio tool. So please don't waste your time on this.

@oreo
    I too understand what you're saying. Il.Socio has brought to the symbian community lots of staf and PNHT didn't try at all to bash him too. However, too many are trying to bash us and i don't know why! I even gotten insulted too many times!
    PNHT don't care about DMF vs SF supremacy war. I'm even new to symbian world (4 months) and i don't know a thing about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by gutzz
    ^
    Really? do you have a proof?
    Remember, he is the guy that created RP+ for us!
    And PNHT hacking method still using it for hacking purpose.
    I repeat again my thanks to him, but, this hack is only needed now for those who don't want to cook their Roms. Once PNHT introduced firmware cooking, you can integrate all your apps inside and you no longer need rp+ if you're an advanced user.

@Il.Socio
    You sure understand that this is not against you. You and i know better what i'm talking about. I just wanted to clarify things for others once and for all

Anyway, PNHT will soon release their next major version which will introduce Core editing for some phones. This is done in a Unique way and we can easily detect if it's copied or not. I personally don't mind that as long as some credit for PNHT is stated.

Adonix,
    PNHT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Adonix

@oreo
    I too understand what you're saying. Il.Socio has brought to the symbian community lots of staf and PNHT didn't try at all to bash him too. However, too many are trying to bash us and i don't know why! I even gotten insulted too many times!
    PNHT don't care about DMF vs SF supremacy war. I'm even new to symbian world (4 months) and i don't know a thing about all this.
    I repeat again my thanks to him, but, this hack is only needed now for those who don't want to cook their Roms. Once PNHT introduced firmware cooking, you can integrate all your apps inside and you no longer need rp+ if you're an advanced user.

Anyway, PNHT will soon release their next major version which will introduce Core editing for some phones. This is done in a Unique way and we can easily detect if it's copied or not. I personally don't mind that as long as some credit for PNHT is stated.

Adonix,
    PNHT
    Mate, I hold you and the whole of PNHT in high regard. I didn't mean to offend or even say anything remotely bad about you. You have accomplished what no one could and I salute you for that.

You did not bash Il.Socio. It was ramisumi who accused Il.Socio of copying your application.

In all honesty mate, I use multiple tools but I also use yours, and like in my previous post, I still find Nokia Editor 0.6 better as of the moment.

I'm excited about the core editing feature mate. I own a Nokia E-52. If you need beta testers for that type of model, I'm here.

Edit: In all honesty mate, I am also quite new to the symbian world. 4 or 5 months. I am on no one's side except the side of modding. I just couldn't take that accusations were being thrown around with no proof whatsoever. If I acted wrongly, I apologize.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks adonix, I love your work and adore PNHT. I know some of SF users who want to destroy the scene everytime. They are of symbian family but clever enemies of PNHT. I have also tested every app of PNHT, And every time it worked for me, I made starter_non_critical_1.rsc for N97 to run rompatcher autorun successfully. More than 1000 users here have viewed my cooked rofs2 for N97. It is possible only because of PNHT.
    Long live PNHT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Adonix
    You sure understand that this is not against you. You and i know better what i'm talking about. I just wanted to clarify things for others once and for all
    Let me add some more clarifications

The NokiaCooker tool I developed is based on the BB5 Extractor sources by HEX: http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...hp?f=6&t=42298 (and on the idea of PNHT of course)

The only additional information I got from Szakalit was the computation of the Packet CRC and we agreed that after 1st March I was allowed to publicly share it with others.

In the beginning my intention was to publicly reverse the file-format in a cooperative way, so that anybody could give its contribution in that thread, but soon I realized that good reversers were missing so I had to give up on the cooperation idea and proceed on my own... that's sad! Moreover because I'm not as good in reversing as I am in developing software and for all the firmware stuff a good knowledge in both is required.
    So, currently, I'm at a dead point, I'm not able to make relevant progresses in reversing the others parts of the firmware.
    At least, I've learned a lot of new stuff

P.S.
    Adonix, to properly repack ROFS/ROFX you really need to implement the reading routines, you can't use the readimage.exe / unrofs.exe because using them you will miss some relevant informations.
    I tried to explain it here:
    http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...601217#p601217

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried both Nokia editor 0.6 and 0.7 to create a cooked firmware for my N96 (FP2 s603rd). Well unfortunately my phone was dead after that, so I tried to check whether the app is extracting and repacking the language (rofs) file properly or not, so I simply extracted and repacked without adding or removing anything and the result was same, it was bricked again.. So I simply flashed it with original firmwares and it is working again..

To add more to the info, I tried both PNHT and Adonix tools and both failed to repacked my rofs file properly as well as I tried Il.Socio tool too but unfortunately that didn't help too..

Can anybody please suggest me on what to do next, coz I saw some s603rd users did manage to flash their phones with cooked firmwares..

Thanks..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Il.Socio

P.S.
    Adonix, to properly repack ROFS/ROFX you really need to implement the reading routines, you can't use the readimage.exe / unrofs.exe because using them you will miss some relevant informations.
    I tried to explain it here:
    http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...601217#p601217
    Hi m8,

Nokia GUI Editor v0.1 don't support ROFx file format since it was the first release and it was targeted for new phones (with ROFS). I already successfully coded my own replacement for readimage/unrofs and i'm aware of these references. But thanks for the tip, was nice sharing it Using "Hide" directive doesn't generate an ROFx image, it will be ROFS, therefore, the new generated file must have his header changed.

Btw, i already know that you're an excellent and fast coder however, this is not the case with me cause i'm a hobby programmer LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nicesoni_ash
    I tried both Nokia editor 0.6 and 0.7 to create a cooked firmware for my N96 (FP2 s603rd). Well unfortunately my phone was dead after that, so I tried to check whether the app is extracting and repacking the language (rofs) file properly or not, so I simply extracted and repacked without adding or removing anything and the result was same, it was bricked again.. So I simply flashed it with original firmwares and it is working again..

To add more to the info, I tried both PNHT and Adonix tools and both failed to repacked my rofs file properly as well as I tried Il.Socio tool too but unfortunately that didn't help too..

Can anybody please suggest me on what to do next, coz I saw some s603rd users did manage to flash their phones with cooked firmwares..

Thanks..
    The file repacks very well. But some phones have their ROFS partitions protected. That's why your phone gets bricked.

Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast