Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: NokiaEditor!!! Cook your own firmware :) PNHT

Quote Originally Posted by manevitchj
    Same here. 'File Corrupted'
    Ah well. Got a smooth running 'cooked' ROM with the camera mod, cache changed from c: to e: and an effects pack.
    Working on a combined language pack ROM.

(Flashing was done using J.A.F running on Windows 7)

can i have your camera mod files?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi~
    thanks to PNHT.
    i have some question ..

1-can we modify the realease date inside FIRMWARE?(For someone who have the newest version of Firmware but not V40-like korea...TT)
    2-How abot heap size of rom? can we increse like Omnia8910?(then we don't need speedygo anymore i think..)

plz answer me Handsome guys in DM

---sorry for my bad ENG...from korea..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

doglan97 can you confirm that autorun works with rp+ running entirely from z: ?

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by doglan97
    Ok N97 owners, I hope this "tutorial" will help you as I have been doing this the whole day today and it works for me. First I use Jaf 'cause Phoenix bricks my phone, it can't boot up.
    I customized my rom to have rompatcher working and even after hard reset (tested).
    This is also with the help of the cooked rom I got from the PNHT hack for N97.
    I extracted first all the Rompatcher files that were in this .uda file. I think the problem with this one is that it installs during flashing in the C drive, that's why it's gone when you do a reset. I also extrated with the Nokia Editor this RM-507_21.2.045_prd.rofs2.V28 and placed all the Rompatcher files according to where they were in the .uda Rom, if a folder doesn't exist like \system\hash you should create it and paste the files in it. (BTW I'm using V21)

The files as they should be pasted:
    - RomPatcherPlus_reg.r01 goes in NokiaEditor Beta4\rofs2\private\10003a3f\import\apps
    - RomPatcherPlus.r01, RomPatcherPlus_aif.mif and RomPatcherPlusSvg.mif go in NokiaEditor Beta4\rofs2\resource\apps
    - patcher.ldd, patcherShadow.ldd, RomPatcherAuto.exe, RomPatcherEngine.dll and RomPatcherPlus.exe go in NokiaEditor Beta4\rofs2\sys\bin
    and finally
    - Create folder NokiaEditor Beta4\rofs2\sys\hash and paste here RomPatcherAuto.exe, RomPatcherEngine.dll and RomPatcherPlus.exe

PLease note tha the files should be pasted the same place you've extracted them from (sys\bin from one ROM to sys\bin in the other.

Now Repack the Rom (RM-507_21.2.045_prd.rofs2.V2 and paste the repacke rom together with the rest of the roms in [/b]C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-507[/b] (Win XP) Rename it according to the Rom you modded, in my case RM-507_21.2.045_prd.rofs2.V28 (after repack it will have the name REB-RM-507_21.2.045_prd.rofs2.V2

NOw for flashing I use Jaf and my setting are: Manual Flash, Factory Set, Normal Mode and Use Ini. All other are ticked OFF. (Phone ON)
    Begin flashing. 1 out of 4 times it won't find the phone but just keep trying the flashing procedure untill you succeed. I've flashed mine 5 times today everytime with another version of modded rom and this one is the one that I'll stay with. It's all I need for now, I can see and access all files and install every app.

Please try this at your own risk, It worked for me but there's no guarantee it will workk the same for you if you have another firmware or maybe another version of Jaf or any other app. I'm just sharing what worked for me.

Phew....I'm tired.
    I just did a hard reset on my phone again jsu to see if my modde rom still works.....and it does.

Please anyone who try this and worked post back so we all can enjoy our hacked phone without worrying if it will still be hacked after hard reset.

Next I will try to remove some other preinstalled apps, after flashing I now have 60MB instead of 56 0r less (don't know how)
    very nice tutorial but can i do like this method to other phone like 5800 or other model?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi.
    i copy RomPatcherv2.3 files in z , work ! but i dont know why i cant install Pu files !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Autorun doen's work for me (yet). For now I'm ok with just Rompatcher but someone said in a post that Rompatcher 2.3 autorun doesn't work. But it did work for me previously with the first PNHT hack. I'll try again with 2.2 version 'cause the ones I took are the ones from THAT cooked rom and I don't know if that version was 2.3 or not. I'll probably do 2 rofs files - one with 2.2 and one with 2.3.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Can we replace default theme with the one we like IF yes how??
    Also if it is possible then extracting contents of theme with sis contents and putting it in the folder 10207254 the correct way

Plz reply...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

doglan97, I think there is one more file that has to be copied to the rofs2 in order for autorun to work. This file is:

- [E0050C10].rsc and it goes in NokiaEditor Beta4\rofs2\private\101f875a\import\

I think it is related to the autostart of rompatcher.

If someone can try and confirm this.

I'm uploading all the necessary files to make better cooking in my blog: I'd like to create an updated resource where to retrieve mods, guides and also my custom firmwares. Is this ok for you? I mean, are you ok if I share all of these things?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I have succesfully include rompatcher in my cooked rom.. Thanks for this wonderful software.. I feel like im back in my windows mobile years..

Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast