Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default We - Travel Free Mobile phone Navigation software (No Data costs)

We travel is a new offline sat nav for your mobile phone. It won't charge you any data costs because the Maps are saved to your mobile phone. Best of all it's freeware.

I have managed to instaill this on my phone (Nokia 5800) although it took me a long time so I will post up the instructions that I used.

Homepage

http://www.we-travel.co.cc

Download link

http://we-travel.co.cc/joomla/index....mid=17&lang=en

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: We - Travel Free Mobile phone Navigation software (No Data costs)

Link is screwed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean
    Link is screwed.
    Thanks, I have fixed the link

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This could be a great find... I shall try this freeware !

You should also post screenshots when you post an app... It's in the forum rules, so try to do it in the future...

Here's some screenshots I found...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am having a bad hair day, I can't find a download link grrr

Edit: Now I found the link I get error message invalid jar file..

Edit: Downloaded wrong file DOH, all good

Edit: I give up, this looks fantastic for a free app, if anyone works out exactly how to install and add maps, please post a guide here. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I give up, this looks fantastic for a free app, if anyone works out exactly how to install and add maps, please post a guide here. Thanks
    Yes how do you install this the instructions ain't very clear at all, in fact there are no instructions.

Would be really useful if you could put the install in the link then inform how you get the appropriate maps on your phone?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I give up, this looks fantastic for a free app, if anyone works out exactly how to install and add maps, please post a guide here. Thanks
    I haven't tried yet but have you seen their instructions ?

http://we-travel.co.cc/wiki/index.ph...sungs.2C....29

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Cheers I'll give it a go later and let you know my results

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Installation instructions

Using the Phone Installer (This did not work for me, It just gave me a error message)

As of RC26, you can use the Phone Installer tool to download the required files to your mobile phone. The Installer will guide you through a number of dialogues and will download all the needed files to your mobile phone or memory card in the correct structure. You can get the Phone Installer from the download page :
    We-Travel download page
    After you downloaded the Installer, unzip the files to your harddisk and run the .bat file. For Linux, enter java -jar WeTravel_PhoneUpload.jar -WTRUN -LOG on the command line.
    If you used the Phone Installer, you can now skip to the installation section.

Old Style installation

Alternatively, you can still download the components individually and install the files yourself :
    Go to the We-Travel download page and download the following files:
    The We-Travel software (e.g. rcxx.zip - xx being the latest version number) from here
    A Voice pack (e.g. Voice-FemaleNewsReader.zip) from here
    A map of the area you want to navigate in (e.g. Maps-united_kingdom.xx.xx.zip) from here
    A menu set (icons) you want to use (currently only Default Menu) from here
    You can download these files on your PC or - if your phone supports downloading and unzipping files - directly on your phone, but be aware that the size of the map files can be up to a hundred MB and more (the UK map is 95 MB, the map of Germany currently 264 MB).
    Once you have downloaded all your data, you need to unpack the files. Start with the software itself (rc15.zip in our example). Unpack the zip-file in an empty folder and give that folder a reasonable name (e.g. "WeTravel"). This folder should now contain two files: WeTravel.jad and WeTravel.jar. Now move the other two zip files (the voice pack and the map) into this folder. Unpack the voice pack (Voice-FemaleNewsReader.zip) in a folder named "Voice" and the map file (Maps-united_kingdom.02.15.zip) into a folder named "Map". You can now either delete these two zip files or move them into another folder if you want a backup. Your folder structure should now look like this:
    WeTravel\
    Map\
    lots of files
    \0\
    \1\
    Voice\
    lots of *.wav files
    Menus\
    WeTravel.jad
    WeTravel.jar

If you have done all these steps on your phone, you can now go to the next step. If you have done this on your PC, you will now have to transfer the folder "WeTravel" to your phone. Make sure you have enough space available, because this folder's size might be up to several hundred MBs. Check your phone's manual on how to transfer files from your PC to your phone. Most phones should at least support one of the following methods: USB, WLAN, memory card, Bluetooth (slow). Memory Cards are probably the easiest way for most users to transfer the files.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

How to install: Its very easy just follow all the instructions as guided through by the installer, but here is what I did.

Using the phone installer from PC via USB

Set Phone to Mass Staorage

Ran: Start WeTravel_PhoneUpload.bat

Then followed instructions, I choose: (But most are up to you)

options chosen are:
    munited_kingdon.zip
    voice-FemalNewsReader.zip
    Voice-HomerSimpson.zip
    DeafualtMenu.zip
    MenuCarbon26.zip
    menu_advanced_black.zip
    MenuDefault.zip
    animatedmenu.zip
    MenuAdvanced.zip
    rc30.zip

didn't choose these they where on the download page

installmedia.zip
    Config.zip

Then let the applications run its course.

Once done reboot phone.

Load up File manager locate directory you created earlier as per instructions and then run WeTravel.jar and follow instructions from there and your away.

Brilliant, now I'm off to mess with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast