Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Anti-Virus for 5800

Quote Originally Posted by damas7
    " "MMS Bomber" mobile virus for Symbian spreading fast in China & Other markets in future
    2010-04-06
    Recently a nasty new mobile virus named "MMS Bomber" has run rampant in China, and millions of Chinese mobile phones were impacted, reported Beijing Business News.

The National Computer Network Emergency Response Technical Team/ Coordination Center of China has alerted mobile users that the targets of the virus are mobile devices with S60 3rd OS, mostly Nokia and Samsung smart-phones S60.

The "MMS Bomber" virus has been able to spread itself so successfully because it can disguise itself as a harmless application. Once installed, it wastes no time to connect to the Internet (at the expense of the owner of the infected phone, of course), and proceeds to send MMS containing a malicious URL to random mobile phone numbers (which also get charged to the owner of the infected phone), which results in financial losses to mobile users.Not cheap.

The virus was first captured by the Mobile Security Center of NetQin Mobile?, a mobile security service provider, in early February. The company's statistic shows that at least 100,000 mobile phones were infected up to now in chinese regions only.

It's notable that the virus has DEFENCE MECHANISM. Once infected, the virus will DISABLE the SYSTEM MANAGEMENT PROGRAM on the mobile phone, and mobile users will not be able to UNINSTALL the virus, says Dr. Zou Shihong, Chief Scientist of NetQin.

NetQin has now launched a software application [Anti-Virus] which can scan and remove the virus "MMS-Bomber" successfully.

Luckily it looks like it has been contained to only users in China as an anti-virus has already been released to prevent further spread of the virus to other markets like Europe & other parts of Asia.

P.S:- Don't hesitate to install the NetQuin? AV in our S60v3 phones. "

That´s strange But it´s true, this one with the Redbrowser can make a lot of loss money special€€ly to those who has propayed phones...
    But mor are to come...

I noticed yesterday that there is an update available as FOTA for Nokia E52, fw 033.002 (In Finland) the size of the application being about 274kb and Nokia as publisher.The application type wasn`t mentioned. Was about to accept this update but called to Nokia Care first asking whether this was a real update or a fake/virus.Was told that Nokia doesn`t publish any application updates as FOTA so this is a real threat.So watch out everybody who get this "update" suggestion by FOTA or some other way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Imo you really don't need an Anti-Virus on your 5800 if you are always careful on what are you downloading to your phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

But what about dis they are giving free antivirus it means no trial and no limit and im using it wid my s60v5 phone, ik s60v5 doesnt need any antivirus but this is cool, phone still working fast and it scans files in real time lol well what's your openion ppl? www.rising-global.com/Download/mob-download.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sumit7n
    But what about dis they are giving free antivirus it means no trial and no limit and im using it wid my s60v5 phone, ik s60v5 doesnt need any antivirus but this is cool, phone still working fast and it scans files in real time lol well what's your openion ppl? www.rising-global.com/Download/mob-download.html
    Mate it is a 30 day trial app, you need to buy the full one to have all features..
    Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - Running Paranoid Android
    Nexus 7(2nd GEN) - Running BETA Lollipop (Android 5.0)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch - Running Paranoid Android

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I recommend ESET Mobile Security

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Re: Anti-Virus for 5800

I wish avast! Mobile Security was available for symbian S60v5 devices :-(

Sent from my STZL_MID using Tapatalk HD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)