Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Anti-Virus for 5800

Quote Originally Posted by rohangk
    is kaspersky free?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

for 30 days..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Try Trendmicro but this AV doesn´t work properly on my E51. Norton Smartphone Security, it´s good because I can unstall the antispam module using the normal unstall form the phone and because I use MClean which I think that´s work 110%. At the end the Norton use only 840KB of memory of my Nokia E51 which have 131MB! THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT DON´T DETECT REDBROWSER TROJAN WHEN IT ENTER THROUGH BLUETOOTH, THROUGH MAIL, WIFI, GPRS... TO BAD!!!
    Was a time that Trendmicro was "cracked" simple easy getting the registration code from their site. There are another cracked AV+ Firewall that´s "FortiClient" from Fortiguard which doesn´t twork well on my E51 because the firewall blocks wifi spots constantly we should give constant permition to use it but it could worl well in your device. But I can give an idea try to find coupons code in the net get disccounts that sometimes go up to 30% off and you can get a good antivirus and a well done firewall like one from Norton Smartphone Security or any other that is perfect to work on your device.
    -Trendmicro have Firewall (easy to find in the net).
    -Norton Smartphone Security have Firewall (easy to find in the net).
    -Forticlient the version for S60V3 have Firewall (easy to find in the net).
    -And now Eset mobile for S60 v3/v5 beta but in the future would be the best antivirus.
    All these AV works on S60V3, but some will work better than others, you should try before you buy it!
    When you are in the net using your phone you will "find" dedicated pages (pages for mobile phones) created to take all the information from your phone in the name of a war against terrorism...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

perhaps if someone made a full free version i would consider using it but until then people make sure you don't store personnel data like bank details etc on your handsets and use common sense

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

almost impossible to get a virus on sv03 and sv05 phones?

i plugged my 5800 on a pc and after removing it i saw that all my folders in my MMC changed, it all became .exe files so i had to reformat my MMC. If i remember correctly it was a win32 virus. Better to have an anti virus, better to be safe than sorry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've said it before and i'll say it again, common sense is the best AV.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G
    I've said it before and i'll say it again, common sense is the best AV.
    Thats right, prevention is always better than cure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    almost impossible to get a virus on sv03 and sv05 phones?

i plugged my 5800 on a pc and after removing it i saw that all my folders in my MMC changed, it all became .exe files so i had to reformat my MMC. If i remember correctly it was a win32 virus. Better to have an anti virus, better to be safe than sorry
    Well the virus was for PC from PC, i m sure that virus has no impact on your phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sabinkumar
    Well the virus was for PC from PC, i m sure that virus has no impact on your phone.
    it did, a huge one, thats why i reformatted my MMC

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

" "MMS Bomber" mobile virus for Symbian spreading fast in China & Other markets in future
    2010-04-06
    Recently a nasty new mobile virus named "MMS Bomber" has run rampant in China, and millions of Chinese mobile phones were impacted, reported Beijing Business News.

The National Computer Network Emergency Response Technical Team/ Coordination Center of China has alerted mobile users that the targets of the virus are mobile devices with S60 3rd OS, mostly Nokia and Samsung smart-phones S60.

The "MMS Bomber" virus has been able to spread itself so successfully because it can disguise itself as a harmless application. Once installed, it wastes no time to connect to the Internet (at the expense of the owner of the infected phone, of course), and proceeds to send MMS containing a malicious URL to random mobile phone numbers (which also get charged to the owner of the infected phone), which results in financial losses to mobile users.Not cheap.

The virus was first captured by the Mobile Security Center of NetQin Mobile?, a mobile security service provider, in early February. The company's statistic shows that at least 100,000 mobile phones were infected up to now in chinese regions only.

It's notable that the virus has DEFENCE MECHANISM. Once infected, the virus will DISABLE the SYSTEM MANAGEMENT PROGRAM on the mobile phone, and mobile users will not be able to UNINSTALL the virus, says Dr. Zou Shihong, Chief Scientist of NetQin.

NetQin has now launched a software application [Anti-Virus] which can scan and remove the virus "MMS-Bomber" successfully.

Luckily it looks like it has been contained to only users in China as an anti-virus has already been released to prevent further spread of the virus to other markets like Europe & other parts of Asia.

P.S:- Don't hesitate to install the NetQuin? AV in our S60v3 phones. "

That´s strange But it´s true, this one with the Redbrowser can make a lot of loss money special€€ly to those who has propayed phones...
    But mor are to come...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast