Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Anti-Virus for 5800

Pardon my ignorance.. but why is it not possible for the s60v5 to get infected by a virus?
    What does this 'signing procedure' do and how does that stop your phone from getting infected?

is there a post where I can read about this?

Thanks

D

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by denni2579
    Pardon my ignorance.. but why is it not possible for the s60v5 to get infected by a virus?
    What does this 'signing procedure' do and how does that stop your phone from getting infected?

is there a post where I can read about this?

Thanks

D
    First of all symbian phones is not prone for viruses, its almost impossible to get infected.
    Information for signing files can be found on forum, just search for sign files.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No operating system can be 100% safe from malicious code. It is only a matter of time before bad code is written and executed. However, you would have to be pretty careless to download and install an infection. Antivirus on a mobile is not a great idea as it will happily throttle your phones cpu. Best advice is not to accept downloads from people you do not know or trust. If in doubt CANCEL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thank you.. I will have a look..

but just to make sure, its not about 'how to sign files' that I'm interested in... I want to know what this whole signing thing is about.. its the first time I'm coming across such a thing.. and I'm releaved to know that 5800 is virus free but it would be nice to know some background information about it if you know what I mean..
    thanks for your help...

D..

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by denni2579
    Thank you.. I will have a look..

but just to make sure, its not about 'how to sign files' that I'm interested in... I want to know what this whole signing thing is about.. its the first time I'm coming across such a thing.. and I'm releaved to know that 5800 is virus free but it would be nice to know some background information about it if you know what I mean..
    thanks for your help...

D..
    Read this http://developer.symbian.com/main/su...ymbian_signed/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

You are a star... i will have a look at this ..

Thank you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Phat^Trance
    i agree! the last app you need for Symbian is an antivirus applications. Its almost impossible to get virus on s60v3 and s60v5 due to the signing procedure.

but if you own a S60v2 phone youll probably need the antivirus apps
    really
    so i dont need the antivirus for 5800 although i use it to browse alot??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

pls can any give me antivarus app for my 58xm?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

First if your mobile have WiFi I think you should have a firewall and because there are no firewall without antivirus... If the virus writers, hackers, and real criminals that want use your phone remotely to steal bank codes, account numbers and to set terrorist attack (look there are here plenty of ideas to use people which don┤t use any security at all) when you are using an open and public WiFi HotSpots.
    If symbian v3 is secure by aceppt only sign app, what happen with hached phones that aceppt everything!? Those will be the first to get infected and the ones responsable on the future of spreading it! May be the reason why there are so many "people" interested in give away the method of hacking symbian 3rd edition phones... Hacking a phone to install a antivirus, whish is more stupid!? Hacking the phone or inatalling ana anativirus??
    I use an antivirus, one of that I forget that I┤m using it, on my Nokia E51 with the latest firmware and the reason that I use a antivirus with firewall is that because when I loggin Daily Mobile page right after of choosing how long I intend to be logged my phone stucks and the display light start to flash, I can┤t do nothing and after flashing four times it reboot, the first time it change the date and as a reset was made it changed de date to 2007 no antivirus was in my phone than and some app installed didn┤t work more so I had to reinstall them again, after I install an antivirus IT just reboot the phone without damage to the app. I complained to the site administrators they said that it should be a problem of my phone, I have two E51 updated to 400.34.011 and both reboot when following the loggin way and finaly I tried another E51 from a friend and it did the same as the first time, the apps wasn┤t affected! What is appening about using the internet?? I say if you do use wifi and internet USE AN ANTIVIRUS! Will be a cleaver thing to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

whats a virus?...oh wait i know its microsoft windows lol

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast