Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: GDesk v0.35b3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Gdesk 0.33d

How do i add my own custom icons? i tried to make one to replace the ugly default page link buttons but every time i try to do "replace icon" it just goes back to the same default gray box with text.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

With gdesk you can't, read my post24 second page. But if you want anyway. Here is way. Symbian recognise *.mif so if you install app on memory card go on E:/resource/apps (with x-plore or ybrowser) find mif of your app and replace it with custom. To create custom choose picture (png,jpg) with resolution you want in gdesk. Now use google and find Inkscape and install on pc. Save picture in *.svg with it. Install python 1.4.5, scriptshell and Smartsis 2.2.6 on 5800 (google). Open your created *.svg with mif-utility inside Smartsys and create *.mif. Replace original with your custom mif with same name and place app in gdesk. That is all.
    When you ask too much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GOC
    With gdesk you can't, read my post24 second page. But if you want anyway. Here is way. Symbian recognise *.mif so if you install app on memory card go on E:/resource/apps (with x-plore or ybrowser) find mif of your app and replace it with custom. To create custom choose picture (png,jpg) with resolution you want in gdesk. Now use google and find Inkscape and install on pc. Save picture in *.svg with it. Install python 1.4.5, scriptshell and Smartsis 2.2.4 on 5800 (google). Open your created *.svg with mif-utility inside Smartsys and create *.mif. Replace original with your custom mif with same name and place app in gdesk. That is all.
    When you ask too much.
    lol! Hacking isn't so big deal or signing, but that looks not so pleasant I will pass. But good that you share your instructions!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GOC
    With gdesk you can't, read my post24 second page. But if you want anyway. Here is way. Symbian recognise *.mif so if you install app on memory card go on E:/resource/apps (with x-plore or ybrowser) find mif of your app and replace it with custom. To create custom choose picture (png,jpg) with resolution you want in gdesk. Now use google and find Inkscape and install on pc. Save picture in *.svg with it. Install python 1.4.5, scriptshell and Smartsis 2.2.4 on 5800 (google). Open your created *.svg with mif-utility inside Smartsys and create *.mif. Replace original with your custom mif with same name and place app in gdesk. That is all.
    When you ask too much.
    I'm willing to try this if it enables me to change out my battery & signal look? Thx for the info!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 5800XM_User
    I'm willing to try this if it enables me to change out my battery & signal look? Thx for the info!
    I don't think you will find mif for signal and battery. This is just for your installed apps icons. Also you will need ultrapymodulepack 3.0.2 for python. All python files and apps must be in ROM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

what icon or what ill i use rather to type numbers if i want to call? I can't figure it out, can you please help me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

This is what i've come up with so far.

The center pic is the "homescreen" has my most used icons + agenda (clicking it opens agenda) and a notepad which is editable to scribble down things to remember.

Top picture is the screen that appears by scrolling with the green button and it displays the 12 ppl i call most. Tapping the pic brings up a small menu where i can chose to call/ text/ mms/ email (kinda buggy)

The bottom pic is teh application menu which apears when scrolling with the camera button. and displays most of the applications on the phone.

All in all a pretty cool program but it can be improved in alot of ways (hopefully a nokia 5800 release?)
    *touch screen scrolling
    *bit bigger menu's
    *better control over icons (replacing, size etc)
    *and loads of small bugs

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

what can i do when the certificate ist out of date?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kRRRRRp
    what can i do when the certificate ist out of date?
    Put date 1 year earlier or hack phone (helloox 1.05 and apply installserver patch), and try install again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It doesn't work with the date. how can i hack it?

Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast