Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: GDesk v0.35b3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: GDesk v0.35b3 Update 02.06.

Is this app drains battery

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No this app wont drain your battery.
    I have used it for months with no noticeable difference in battery life, now I even save battery life with being able to have more shortcuts on screen enabling me to quickly change between GSM and 3G and turn Bluetooth on and off, all at the push of a button with the help of a few apps.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Actually, it drains battery a lot.
    I've already found the main problem and almost fixed it (rewrited plugin update algorithm and almost all plugins - that's why there were no updates for a time).
    Couple of bugs fixed, couple of features added. Weather plugin almost done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

oh well you head it from the horses mouth, I hadn't noticed it as I charge my phone everynite and as long as I get a days worth Im good, maybe because Ive used it for so long. Well it can only be a good thing that it will be more power efficient soon, waiting for this next update any idea when that maybe? Good work deadmoroz

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i hadn't noticed the battery drain either (also uses very little RAM, one of the reasons Gdesk wins over spb shell), but if it can be even more efficient that's fantastic! A lot of people are excited for your updates deadmoroz!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

In current version, GDesk use polling method of update (it awakes aprox. every 1/10 sec., do some stuff, counts to 10 and then checks if any plugin icon should be updated), so most of the time it does useless job. This behaviour prevents symbian device to go to the power-saving mode and cpu works quite intensively, which doesn't do good to battery too.
    I've re-writed GDesk to use event-driven method, so it will awake and update any plugin ONLY when there is a real change in it. So, practically, it should improve battery life very well with GDesk running (in case you will not use clocks with seconds, otherwise it will drain battery as it did before).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMoroz
    In current version, GDesk use polling method of update (it awakes aprox. every 1/10 sec., do some stuff, counts to 10 and then checks if any plugin icon should be updated), so most of the time it does useless job. This behaviour prevents symbian device to go to the power-saving mode and cpu works quite intensively, which doesn't do good to battery too.
    I've re-writed GDesk to use event-driven method, so it will awake and update any plugin ONLY when there is a real change in it. So, practically, it should improve battery life very well with GDesk running (in case you will not use clocks with seconds, otherwise it will drain battery as it did before).
    Good news. Hopefully the battery life will improve by miles..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I don't have any battery issues with my current design but I am eagerly awaiting the weather plugin. That's the missing link (besides some cosmetic issues like e.g. alignment of alarm times).
    Btw: I noticed that the Musicplayer "Widget" from TTPod 3.70 appears on the GDesk Homescreen which makes it the perfect combination as music player :-)
    Best regards
    Amber

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the info Amber will give that a go. I'm also eagerly awaiting the next update. Voicemail indicator would be a nice addition too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hehe, wie ich sehe noch jemand der SportsTracker nutzt
    Und danke für die Info mit dem Widget - direkt mal testen!

Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast