Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: GDesk v0.35b3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: GDesk v0.35beta3 Update 02.6.

I'm sorry guys, but with this latest beta release, GDesk kicks EVEN MORE ASS than before! Tactile feedback makes it almost perfect as far as I'm concerned, props to DeadMoroz for his hard work.

I have the new SPB shell and in my opinion, GDesk still wins every time. Ok so it doesn't have the nice animations and live weather update on homescreen, but it's far more personalise-able as long as you're willing to put in the work, and uses FAAAAR less resources.

I'm even wondering if i need to buy that Symbian 3 device when it finally arrives?!

GDesk disappeared from my phone when the v40 homescreen came along, but it's now firmly back on my homescreen.

nstirton

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: GDesk v0.35b3 Update 02.06.

Deadmoroz great work!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default GDesk Design Handyshell inspired Nokia 5800

Here the design I made for my personal usage (don't know if it works "standalone" with all Gdesk plugins installed - tried to export the icons but got no result).
    It's not fullscreen because I like to have the system icons displayed additionally (connection, battery, signal strength,...).
    Further wishes to GDesk (amongst the ones already posted) for me would be:
    More S60V5 control panel apps, maybe a generic app where you can enter the UID so basically everything with an Application UID can be added.
    Move the "delete" menu entry from the first place in list, I often press it accidentially.
    The possibitily to suppress the icon of an application but leaving the tapzone.
    Currently, I replace the icon with a transparent pic but would be more nice that way ;-).
    The possibility to add applications to the infoview apps (like with calendar where you can choose the app to open). Again, can be done currently by adding the desired application and replacing the symbol (icon) with a transparent one.

The possibility to take influence on the alignment of some texts (infoview - next alarm).
    As you see in my example, the next alarm can include a date or just the time. As its centered, it's too far away from the icon on the right.

Gdesk has been improved so much lately, it's time for some kickass designs.
    All that is missing is a weather app that can fill a "sizeable bitmap" with current weathwer information periodically (and Gdesk supporting this periodic update).
    Oh, just one more wish: I would like to not have to use keylockclock with my big clock.
    Unfortunately, it does not get updated (which is great from ressources point of view).
    Maybe a switch could be added just for the clock or it could be updated even when the app is in background whenever a key is pressed (or the menu key).

Thanks for this wonderful playground so far,
    best regards
    Amber

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ha I thought I was the only one to keep pressing delete accidently I agree with that.

For the weather if you install Forca weather free from ovi store it will display a 10 day forcast in agenview for you its not perfect tho,
    a filter built in to gdesk to choose which elements are displayed would be fantastic as they are seperated by a comma im sure this wouldnt be to hard but what do i know.

Also psiloc world traveller will do the same thing but just with current conditions and they both update auto if the settings are correct in the said apps without them running in the background.
    As you can see in the screenies I have attactched I have the current weather displayed under the moon icon this icon changes to a sun at 6am and to a moon at 6pm thats the best i can make it do but its better than just a static icon, also the semi-circles above the moon/sun icon shows current battery level for blue and the green signal level, im constantly refining the layout for my own needs I will relesae it soon tho along with all files I have worked on if anyone would like to use them.

Also if you would like more apps displayed in the list of apps go to options and tick "list system apps" to have a few more, some work some dont but you can get some nice icons that way.

Screenies are very beta and elements need changing but you get a basic idea

**Edit** attatched screenie showing the sun that shows from 6am to 6pm - the moon shows from 6pm to 6am

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I tried "GDeskS60.0.35b3.sisx". I have one complaint based on my short time messing around with it and it's that the app icons are too small even when I set them to large. I'm using a Nokia 5800.
    Could we please have some larger sizes, with the largest matching what we get in the phone's app menu?

Keep up the good work

We need a dedicated forum section or some kind of organised place for people to submit designs. So much good work out there but it's hard to find.

Edit: I just found the Desktop -> Large Icons settings. That helps, although finer control of the icon size would be better.
    Also, it seems theres a bug with Java apps (I tried Snaptu and MXit), I can't change the icon size.

Also the feature where if I drag on the screen in design view, and it moves the whole page, is a real pain at times. Could do without this feature IMO, I'd at least like an option to disable it if there's a reason to keep it. I sometimes move the whole screen by accident when trying to drag an icon.
    Edit again: So it can be disabled. Man I really need to play with this more before I complain :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

As requested the sun moon icon its not perfect but I will tweak it soon, lil daughter takes up alot of my time

Also to Maddmatt - if you place an icon /app and set it to large icon then click on it and replace with app and choose it again it will show up larger - maybe a bug but I use it .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'll try to release an experemental (minimum options for now, just weather icon, which chenges according to current conditions and some information, like current temperature, humidity and location) version of weather plugin by the end of week (main thing are almost done)...
    If I won't be able to make it in time - then it will be available two weeks after (i'm going on vacation again)...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Fantastic news DeadMoroz looking forward to it. enjoy your vacation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

vacation again? good for you, how come you have soo much free time.

That large icon is an eye candy issue for me also. hopefully it will get fixed soon

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ugh, thanks...
    that's because I didn't have vacation last year... so my employer forces me to go to vacation now...

Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast