Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: GDesk v0.35b3

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: GDesk v0.34(pre4) Update 03.04.2010.

so whats the changelog for pre4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

cant wait to test it out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello, I am so glad that you continue with gdesk!
    Thanks for your effort.
    Please let me add my suggestions / Wishlist (from the my-symbian.com forum, it's been a while):

- Indicators for: Bluetooth/WLan/Network/Carrier/GPS/Missed calls/Current Profile/Active data connection
    - Dialer (make use of built in dialer app)
    - Bluetooth Switch (on/off) [Wlan/Network(GSM/3G/...)/GPS?]
    - Possibility to define groups (for movement of several icons without losing their alignment) or maybe multiple icon selection
    - Alignment Grid: User-Defined width/height
    - A 2nd symbol for the currently selected App (e.g. a bigger icon)
    - Statusindicators (clock) from main page to continue working when a page window is opened
    - Option to automatically close a page window after launch of an application. Example: I have a page window with two icons (AGN Shortcuts): Phone Call and SMS. When I click on a button on the main page, the page window opens and I can select to phonecall or SMS the contact. But after selecting Phone call or SMS, the page window should close because after doing the call / SMS, the page window is still open and needs to be closed by hand.
    - Possibility to bring icons to the foreground/background (e.g. if you add a background "panel" to an existing page you currently have to delete and re-create all other icons, otherwise they stay "behind" the panel)
    - Possibility to copy a whole page to a new one
    - "Delete" not the first menu option / safety check before delete (too often accidentially selected by double touch)
    - Bugfix with telephone numbers containing spaces (not a big thing for me though as you can adjust the number before adding)
    - Weather plugin (maybe accuweather, foreca weather or Epocware Handyweather). People are dying for it (most of all to see the nice pictures of sun/clouds/rain like in Epocware Handyshell). Currently the only possibility is to use foreca weather as it optionally makes text entries in the calendar but that's not really useful
    - Optional automatic close of page windows when you touch areas not used (probably technically impossible). Reason: If you have several Page windows it would be nice to be able to open a different one (and thus automatically close the current one) when you touch another page window link. I know it's probably impossible as I assume you just use the "old" screen as kind of Wallpaper (thus e.g. the clock of the base page is not updated when using a page window [which can be solved by copying it to this page window]), but maybe you can react to a touch on an area of the page window that is just not used.
    - Possibility to give pages names in the designer (making heavy use of page windows I often have to guess which page has which content)
    - Possibility to define different background pictures for different pages
    - Possibility to periodically refresh the wallpaper if you use the "System Wallpaper" (to make use of e.g. DR Jukka Theme Scheduler) or time/day dependent Wallpaper. Idea is to have diefferent Wallpapers for different times of the day (Work/Leisure) and different days of the week (Workday/free day)
    - Colors: Possibility to enter numeric values (otherwise it's hard to select the same color twice)
    - Possibility to link applications to system indicators (like with the calendar plugin) e.g. to call the profile app when clicking on the signal indicator or the message app when clicking on the "Unread SMS" indicator. Currently I use the application with a transparent icon overlayed but that's always hard to keep it aligned
    - Maybe usage of pictures for the analog clock handles hour/minute/(second) for an even more authentic style. I saw this on another clock app of another handy operating system (I think it was SPB Time) and there are several examples on the net that we could make use of
    - Maybe definable spacer picture for the digital clock (e.g. if you don't want too much space between hours and minutes or e.g. a ":" between)

Further suggestions:
    - A working directory that can be predefined and then is used for every file dialog at design time (so you don't have to click through every time you add symbols and stuff)
    - Possibility to copy an element to several (or at least all) pages
    - Possibility to suppress the highlighting/framing of the currently selected element at runtime (e.g. if you use transparent buttons this leads to unwanted frames after coming back from a selected app)
    - When adding more than 16 pages the 17th one is named "link to page 1" (but seems to work ok)
    - Possibility to only use part of the screen (that means part of the original homescreen could be used). That's kind of windowing the application in hope that the homescreen will be updated automatically even when gdesk is running (as Symbian is capable of multitasking)
    - Possibility to enter numeric coordinates (left upper corner) for symbols. Would be useful for easier alignment of similar elements on different pages
    - Show frame around selected symbols at design time even if they are fully transparent

Thanks for all your work so far!
    Br
    Amber

PS: The work on this design lead me to the wishlist above: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.p...html#msg106367

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah yeah, i still dont get it. the pros and cons of gdesk are so big that i am not sure i want this app. but if you can convince me, then i might try it out, and then a question, if i try it out, how to install

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nobody will convince you... It's just you, who have to decide - use it or not...
    install is simple - you have to install main app and strongly recommended to install all available plugins for it...
    then you can load ready design (you can find which you like on this forum, for example here

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

is it stable and does it use lots of battery?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi all g desk designers, i'm new to this so can i ask help from you Djscope/Deadmoroz, i select clock from add apps but it doesnt seem to work as a clock or respond, i think you have to use the g desk clock but this doesnt allow you to select it to set alarm etc. Also i have asked how to show battery meter and if you can set an icon to show receipt of txt messgae missed calls etc, but no one has given me an answer.

thanks for your help and hopefully i can post my design one day soon !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by edkin03
    Hi all g desk designers, i'm new to this so can i ask help from you Djscope/Deadmoroz, i select clock from add apps but it doesnt seem to work as a clock or respond, i think you have to use the g desk clock but this doesnt allow you to select it to set alarm etc. Also i have asked how to show battery meter and if you can set an icon to show receipt of txt messgae missed calls etc, but no one has given me an answer.

thanks for your help and hopefully i can post my design one day soon !
    since your selecting the "add apps" and then clock, your making a default nokia clock app shortcut icon.... you should install the gdesk clock plugin then add a new gdesk clock.

as for indicators like sms or battery bar, install the indicator plugin and create a new indicator. the indicator plugin will create a simple 'text' based indicator. you should apply an 'icon' for it that is a .png ready image and has the format for the indicator of your choosing. the images required for those indicators are horizontal images of different graphics rolled into one image file. it looks like this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Many thanks Zymesh, but which file on sourceforge.net has the plug in for indicators ?
    i have installed the g desk clock but it doesnt allow me to do anything with it when i tap it i get no further options as i would with standard clock in the normal nokia home screen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by edkin03
    Many thanks Zymesh, but which file on sourceforge.net has the plug in for indicators ?
    i have installed the g desk clock but it doesnt allow me to do anything with it when i tap it i get no further options as i would with standard clock in the normal nokia home screen.
    its gdesk infoview plugin. as for the clock yes it doesnt have much options except displaying one of the following
    - digital clock
    - analog clock
    - date

a typical design will contain 2 gdesk clock plugin shortcut, one for time and one for the date. you can also skin analog clocks using the change icon.

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast