Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default BBC iPlayer Now intergrated, without app, just got to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

I recently un-installed bbc iplayer (UK) because i had a few problems with cFW, wanted to reinstall in, went to bbc website to redownload the app, but now bbc have intergrated the iplayer experience. So now you just got to the webiste to play www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

it looks alot better than the old iplayer, and now it just uses the inbuilt Real Player as it did before but you dont need the app, just go to the website.

What im wanting is a app, with icon, so it opens up the website , main reason is so i dont have an ugly looking shorty cut on my home page.

Whats the best/ easy way to make a little shortcut with icon so i can put it on my HS !

any help would be greatfull, or anyone wanna make the thing ??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: BBC iPlayer Now intergrated, without app, just got to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

I use iplayer EVERYday but im gettin sooooo frustrated with it because when streaming video, without fail EVERY time at exactly 5:00 into whatever im watching the video freezes for 10 seconds then buffers to 100% then freezes for a further 9 seconds and then continues playing,

then does it again at 4:59 intervals for the rest of the show, if i download the video i dont get this problem just when streaming, this would solve the problem but not every show is available for download.

Ive had this problem since FW V40 and searched for a solution but not found anyone else with this problem online.

Ive since obviously done firmware updates and also tried installing on memory card and phone memory also done soft reset and hard reset all with the same outcome,

Can someone please tell me they have the same problem and its not just me??, or does someone have a solution?, I figured since all the custom FW's available now someone could help, im currently using No Crap V6.0a

Thanks in advance for anyones help/input

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: BBC iPlayer Now intergrated, without app, just got to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Quote Originally Posted by andys5800
    What im wanting is a app, with icon, so it opens up the website , main reason is so i dont have an ugly looking shorty cut on my home page.
    Your wish has been granted, try using my attachment. I've tested it and it works although the icon looks a bit odd around the edges so I'll fix that soon.

Enjoy,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by xproxy
    Your wish has been granted, try using my attachment. I've tested it and it works although the icon looks a bit odd around the edges so I'll fix that soon.

Enjoy,

nice one will test and get back to u , thanks +1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Enjoy,

brilliant, this is what i was after. Just needs a better icon, what size does the icon have to be?

Actually it doesnt look too bad on my screen 11 shortcut hs, pirated v5 cfw ! Screensnap attached.

Could redo the icon for you, if u want, if you tell me what size the icon has to be. The edges need sorting pout thats all.

what u think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mindyabiznis
    I use iplayer EVERYday but im gettin sooooo frustrated with it because when streaming video, without fail EVERY time at exactly 5:00 into whatever im watching the video freezes for 10 seconds then buffers to 100% then freezes for a further 9 seconds and then continues playing,

then does it again at 4:59 intervals for the rest of the show, if i download the video i dont get this problem just when streaming, this would solve the problem but not every show is available for download.

Ive had this problem since FW V40 and searched for a solution but not found anyone else with this problem online.

Ive since obviously done firmware updates and also tried installing on memory card and phone memory also done soft reset and hard reset all with the same outcome,

Can someone please tell me they have the same problem and its not just me??, or does someone have a solution?, I figured since all the custom FW's available now someone could help, im currently using No Crap V6.0a

Thanks in advance for anyones help/input
    sorry mate, im not really sure why you are having problems.. I did hav a breif period where it (iplayer) didnt play aswell as before, but its ok for me now.

Try going to the website www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and play the stream from there , rather than using the mobile app, or now you can just use the wgz that ''xproxy'' made for me, attached above , its opens the page in the browser for you. ansd it works fine (streaming) for me,in real player.

try it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm not on the computer right now so I can't edit the wgz right now but the icon size is 75x75 pixels (with png transparency supported)

Once you can create a better looking icon, I'll update the widget.

Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm not on the computer right now so I can't edit the wgz right now but the icon size is 75x75 pixels (with png transparency supported)

Once you can create a better looking icon, I'll update the widget.

Thanks
    trying, but cant get a decent icon to use or resize,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I've had a go at trying to create a better looking icon for the widget/shortcup app.

Which do you prefer,
    • Icon Gloss
    • Icon with no gloss
    • Transparent background with logo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think the transparent would look best on most background colours

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast