Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Mobbler - Last.FM client

Mobbler is a Last.fm radio player and scrobbler for S60 smartphones. It allows you to listen to your Last.fm radio stations and to scrobble tracks played using the S60 Music Player.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Mobbler - Last.FM client

Hmm.. Is this a s60v5 specific version... ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It works for the 5800 perfectly fine. Obviously you need a last.fm account.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hmm i installed it,but it doesnt scrobble anyway although i am online.anyone a hint?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nero23666
    hmm i installed it,but it doesnt scrobble anyway although i am online.anyone a hint?
    Do you have a last.fm account? If so, have you added songs to your playlist?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep i have one, but why should i add the songs to my playlist? i thought it will scrobble everything what i hear with the music player from the mobile

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

so, when you go to options, start a station, nothing happens?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nero23666
    yep i have one, but why should i add the songs to my playlist? i thought it will scrobble everything what i hear with the music player from the mobile
    A Last.fm User can build up a musical profile using any or all of several methods: by listening to their personal music collection on a music player application on a computer or an iPod with an Audioscrobbler plugin, or by listening to the Last.fm internet radio service, either with the Last.fm client, or with the embedded flash player. All songs played are added to a log from which personal top artist/track bar charts and musical recommendations are calculated. They call this automatic track logging scrobbling.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thanks for the information

I can hear any radio station station or my own account playlist, but i thoug the app will scrobble all music that i hearin to on my phone to the internet, this is the thing that doesnt work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Code:
    How to use Mobbler.

Queuing Tracks

When Mobbler is running on your phone it will queue the tracks you listen to using the Nokia S60 Music Player.

Online and Offline modes

If you are in online mode, Mobbler will scrobble tracks played through the S60 Music Player. You will also be able to listen to Last.fm radio stations which will also be scrobbled.

If you are in offline mode, tracks played though the S60 Music Player will be queued. Those queued tracks will be submitted to Last.fm the next time you switch to online mode.

You can switch between online and offline mode using the Options menu.

Starting Radio Stations

You can start a Last.fm radio station, using the Start a new station sub-menu. Please note that stating a station will stream mp3 data over your data connection. It is probably best if you only do this over WIFI or if you have an unlimited data plan with your operator. The makers of Mobbler cannot be held responsible for your phone bill.

If you are in offline mode you will be asked to go into online mode before you can start the radio station.

Radio Controls

* The up button will tell Last.fm that you love the current track
      * The down button will tell Last.fm to ban the current radio track from playing on your radio stations again and automatically skip to the next track
      * The enter button stops radio station
      * The right button skips to the next radio station track
      * The left button (when a track is playing) opens your browser with the Mobbler Amazon aStore site with a search for the currently playing artist and album
      * Both the volume buttons and '*' and '#' can be used to adjust the volume 

Check for updates

You can check for updates to Mobbler through the Check for updates menu button. If there is a new version of Mobbler you will be asked if you want to download it through your phone's browser.

Export queue to log

If you want to avoid uploading your scrobbles to Last.fm using your phone's internet connection, and don't have wifi available, you can export the scrobble queue to a Rockbox log file. This file is saved at C:\Data\Mobbler\.scrobbler.log which you can then transfer to your PC and upload to using a uploader (these may or may not work for you).

Exit

If you exit Mobbler, using the Exit command in Mobbler's options menu, Mobbler will close and any tracks you listen to will not be queued or scrobbled with Last.fm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast