Join Today
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default MeBoy - a java based Gamboy emulator

This did not come up on search, so I thought I'd post. Not sure if this should go to Games or here since this is an emulator, not an actual game.

MeBoy 2.2 works on the 5800. I think its made by some guy called arktos (at least that's the website's name)

Quote from Site

"MeBoy is a Gameboy emulator for mobile phones (which means you can use it to play Gameboy games on a mobile phone). It works on phones with support for Java Micro Edition, specifically MIDP 2.0. Your phone manufacturer's web site can tell you if this includes your phone.

MeBoy supports both Gameboy and Gameboy Color games, and with version 2.0 you can even play your games with sound!

With MeBoy you can also save your progress at any time, whether the game itself supports saving or not. Any number of saved games can be stored concurrenly (only limited by your phone's available storage space). Since version 2.0, you can share your saved games with your friends via Bluetooth.

I started working on MeBoy in 2005 after I wondered why there was no way of running Gameboy games on my (at that time) new and shiny mobile phone. Determined to rectify the situation, I started work on MeBoy by porting JavaBoy to J2ME (JavaBoy is a Java-based Gameboy emulator for PCs, written by Neil Millstone). The direct port could only emulate a single frame per second! Lots and lots of optimization later, MeBoy was ready for release. Luckily, it is also getting faster every time a new phone model is released!"

Meboy Download Link (Official Site)

Ok, here's a guide to how to use it.

1. Once you download, you will see a MeBoyBuilder.jar file. YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS TO YOUR PHONE.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/kgomez4487/Screenshots%20for%20MeBoy/1Meboybuilder.jpg?t=1268021997[/img]

2.What you do is to right click it>open with>java binary
    [img width=800 height=598]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/kgomez4487/Screenshots%20for%20MeBoy/2Javabinary.jpg?t=1268022078[/img]

3. It will come up with a window with an option to add games.
    [img width=800 height=596]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/kgomez4487/Screenshots%20for%20MeBoy/3MeBoyApp.jpg?t=1268022170[/img]

4. Select your games. Use normal Gameboy ROMs from the net. I get mine from Romulation.net (under the Retro ROMs, there are GB and GBC ROMs).
    [img width=800 height=596]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/kgomez4487/Screenshots%20for%20MeBoy/4lookforROM.jpg?t=1268022204[/img]

5. Select all the games you want then click on Make Jar file. Save it to where you want.
    [img width=800 height=596]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/kgomez4487/Screenshots%20for%20MeBoy/5addgames.jpg?t=1268022255[/img]

8. You install the MeBoy.jar file into your phone.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/kgomez4487/Screenshots%20for%20MeBoy/7Meboyjar.jpg?t=1268022384[/img]

9. On your phone, in the applications menu, you will see the MeBoy Icon.

10. If you select it, you will see this menu

11. Here are some of the Settings

12. Clicking on "Start Game" will show you the list of games you have. Note that if you want to add a game, you need to go through the entire process from 1-8 again to make a new MeBoy.jar file with the additional game in it. Do not worry as the installed MeBoy in your phone will see it as an "upgrade" and will incorporate it into your phone without deleting your old "saves".

13. Once in the game, select the left onscreen softkey and you will see a list of options (including fullscreen to get rid of the 5800's bottom buttons). Set buttons will allow you to set which onscreen game buttons do you want to represent each gameboy function (up,down,left,right, a,b,select, start).

14. This is how the button setting would look like. After it sets, select the softkey again and select resume. this is also how the game would generally look like. It is also possible to play in landscape mode. Sorry i cant post in-game screenshots. BestScreenSnap doesnt seem to work in-game.

OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:

MeBoy FAQ
    MeBoy Known Issues
    Game Compatibility List

----------------------
    Subject edited //Usta

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MeBoy for 5800

Here's the direct Link:

http://arktos.se/meboy/ver/latest/MeBoyBuilder.jar

Instructions (HowTo):

1. Make sure you have Java installed on your computer, version 1.5 or later.
    2. Download MeBoyBuilder.jar.
    3. Run MeBoyBuilder.jar by double-clicking.
    4. Press the "Add game" and select a ROM file. Repeat for all games you want to add (beware that some phones do not accept very large ".jar" files though).
    5. Press the "Create MeBoy.jar" button. Select where to create MeBoy.jar.
    6. Copy MeBoy.jar to your phone. If the phone accepted the file, you're done! Otherwise, read on:
    7. Some phones want a ".jad" file, which is a text file with info about the ".jar" file. MeBoy.jad is created for this reason. (If your phone accepted MeBoy.jar, you do not need MeBoy.jad and can safely throw it away.)

And it is made by a guy called Björn Carlin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MeBoy for 5800

Maybe we could see a demo of it working on 5800? like what about controls?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: MeBoy - a java based Gamboy emulator

does this app accept the ROM file from the game boy emu? or just jar/jad?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by readlines
    does this app accept the ROM file from the game boy emu? or just jar/jad?

It would be cool if this emulator could run Aprilia Schooter Gameboy tuning app for adjusting injection times and other cool stuff on new scooters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I run it to my ph0ne5800.but she said. , jar file n0t supp0rted? Any0ne t0. Help?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ok, here's a guide to how to use it.

1. Once you download, you will see a MeBoyBuilder.jar file. YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS TO YOUR PHONE. What you do is to right click it>open with>java runtime
    2. It will come up with a window with an option to add games.
    3. Select your games. Use normal Gameboy ROMs from the net. I get mine from Romulation.net (under the Retro ROMs, there are GB and GBC ROMs).
    4. Select all the games you want.
    5. Click on Make Jar file.
    6. You will then see a MeBoy.jar file in the same folder as MeBoyBuilder.jar
    7. You install the MeBoy.jar file into your phone.

Works on my 5800. I'll be posting screenshots of the "how to use" later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Oh yeah, for controls, you get the standard java app navigation and ABCD buttons on the phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i cant open with java

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Why dont you see if you can upgrade your Java?

Anyway:

According to the FAQ on the official website, the most likely cause of your PC not running it with Java because your system does not have the correct settings for running the .jar file.

see the guide HERE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast