Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is a hack or downgrad possible for 6720c (RM-424)

    Ok, i can flash with Phoenix.

    But If use use your ROFS3 File (The one with the rompatcher) Phoenix stops at 90% and i get a black screen (I recovered using dead usb).

    I can't install the rompatcher manually if i install the original ROFS3 (And not the one you attached).

    About the uda file: I posted it in that other thread and already got a patched one but I cant install that one either...wrong checksum and I dont know how to workaround this error with phoenix (Since JAF doesn't work anymore ?!?).

    Just my luck eh ?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,587
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is a hack or downgrad possible for 6720c (RM-424)

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodgnome
    Ok, i can flash with Phoenix.

    But If use use your ROFS3 File (The one with the rompatcher) Phoenix stops at 90% and i get a black screen (I recovered using dead usb).

    I can't install the rompatcher manually if i install the original ROFS3 (And not the one you attached).

    About the uda file: I posted it in that other thread and already got a patched one but I cant install that one either...wrong checksum and I dont know how to workaround this error with phoenix (Since JAF doesn't work anymore ?!?).

    Just my luck eh ?
    have you tried phoenix flash with original rofs3 and modded uda?

    if you don't need modded rofs3 anymore i'll delete it as it doesn't work properly ok?

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is a hack or downgrad possible for 6720c (RM-424)

    Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    have you tried phoenix flash with original rofs3 and modded uda?

    if you don't need modded rofs3 anymore i'll delete it as it doesn't work properly ok?
    Yay...it finaly worked using phoenix, and the moded uda (big thanx to oreo27).

    I followed his instructions and flashed without the rofs3 and it worked.

    Im so happy now. Thank you very much for your help sanja5800.

    PS.:
    Oh, and yes, you can take that moded rofs3 off cause its not working properly.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is a hack or downgrad possible for 6720c (RM-424)

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodgnome
    Yay...it finaly worked using phoenix, and the moded uda (big thanx to oreo27).

    I followed his instructions and flashed without the rofs3 and it worked.

    Im so happy now. Thank you very much for your help sanja5800.

    PS.:
    Oh, and yes, you can take that moded rofs3 off cause its not working properly.
    good news

    could you tell me plz >>> which version of phoenix did you used?

    and the steps plz

    thanks


  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Is a hack or downgrad possible for 6720c (RM-424)

    Quote Originally Posted by snipertiger
    good news

    could you tell me plz >>> which version of phoenix did you used?

    and the steps plz

    thanks
    Hi,

    I used the newest Phoenix since JAF crapped-out on me.

    Download the latest 031.022 firmware files for your 6720c, then get the hacked UDA File Nokia-God oreo27 made: http://forum.dailymobile.net/index.php?topic=24602.0

    Then follow my tut:

    So you need this uda file :

    http://www.multiupload.com/W7QD3425KJ

    Mirror: http://www.partage-facile.com/EJVICK...d.uda.zip.html

    Then you need the latest 031.022 Firmware and Phoenix to flash.

    But don't just replace the original UDA with the hacked one or it will give you a CRC Error with Phoenix. Do it like this:

    1. Start Phoenix go to Connection: DON'T select or make a USB Connection just leave it on "No Connection". Then click on "Open Product", choose your phone, then click on Flashing --> Firmware Update --> Check Flash Dead Phone usb and go to options (Do NOT hit refurbish yet !)

    2. In the options Tab replace your .uda file (hacked file) like you see in this pics:





    3. Hit Refurbish - Connect your phone (I left my phone connected via usb but had the battery out...then after hitting refurbish i plugged the battery in and it worked perfectly). Wait for the flashing process to be finished. Your phone will boot up normally but like when it was bought newly.

    Pics are from tuts for another Phone but it worked the same way with my 6720c.

    After that just activate your patches (In Rompatcher+ its already installed on your phone after the flashing) and your done. You might want to install a new theme though, cause the standard themes are not there anymore, just a very bright one. I searched and found some good looking original Themes for the N82 and the E52 that work on the 6720c (Black business for ex., google is your friend ).

    Hope this helps other Nokia 6720c owners so they don't have to lose all their hair like I did over the hacking Other than that: Just search and read the forum, everything is already asked and explained by someone. I, for myself, did also ask to many asked questions...sorry about that. I know its tiring to answer the same stupid questions again and again.


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 03:39 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 09:07 PM
  3. nokia's E51 default grey dots themes on nokia 6720C?
    By hashemiaz in forum Symbian S60v3 Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 04:31 PM
  4. How to hack the N97
    By bewar05 in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 06:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •