Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Complete Tricks, Tips & Tutorials related to S60v3 Devices

Smooth LCG Smartmovie Settings
    ==============================

I have been tryin to encode smartmovie smooth and quality balanced for much time
    i searched this site and could find not much
    But i saw the usage of ffdshow
    But it was not clear enough...
    I tried something else in settings
    And..
    At last..
    I did it!
    here is the way:
    Download ffdshow from www.google.com searches-its free
    install smartmovie converter
    In smartmovie,change the encoder from xvid to ffdshow and configure it in this way:

Generic:

MPEG4
    FOURCC.DivX
    Max keyframe interval 254
    min keyframe 1
    one pass quality based-%70 i recommend

Audio:
    32 kbps 16000hz

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Topic has attachmentsComplete Tricks, Tips & Tutorials related to S60v3 Devices

Deleting "Stuck" Installer Files in S60 3rd Edition

I have seen a problem with “stuck” installer files in S60 3rd Edition phones for a couple of times. The information from Application Manager shows that the applications are not installed. However, they cannot be deleted because there is no Delete menu (see screenshot below). They cannot be re-installed either because it always fails with “Unable to install” message. Those files are basically just stuck there.

From my opinion, it looks like a bug in S60 3rd Edition (not sure if this has been fixed in S60 3rd FP1). I don’t really know how to reproduce this problem, but it has happened to my phones several times. Once, I saw this problem after one application failed to install. In other occasions, I saw this problem after resetting my phone to the default factory settings.

What should we do if we have this kind of “stuck” installer files in S60 3rd Edition? One way is to delete the installer file manually via Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, we cannot use any file manager application because those files are located in a protected folder.

* Firstly, connect your phone to a PC via USB.
    * Choose Data Transfer (a.k.a. Mass Storage). Do not select PC Suite because you won’t be able to browse protected folders in PC Suite mode.
    * Open Windows Explorer on your PC.
    * Go to \private\10202dce on the phone’s folder.(need hacked phone)
    * There, you should be able to find the installer files (.sis). Just remove them using Windows Explorer.

You can also acess & even delete these file using phone just go to file manager

And use Search (find) the folder private
    and in that go to the 10202DCE and delete the file which are not installing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Topic has attachmentsComplete Tricks, Tips & Tutorials related to S60v3 Devices

Another Tip for Password-protected Memory Card Only for E-series

How to solve the problem? If, for some reasons, you activate remote lock option on your phone, it will change your memory card’s password too. Just for your information, remote lock option allows you to lock your phone by sending SMS to it. It is a nice feature if you accidentally left your phone somewhere and you don’t want other people using it. You can activate this feature from Tools | Settings | Security | Phone and SIM | Allow remote lock menu. The password of your memory card will be your remote lock message.

So, if you still remember your remote lock message, then try to unlock your memory card’s password using that message.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Acces to Private and SYS folder on your MMC without PC

Little trick
    1)Via cardreader or data transfer remove readonly attribute from sys and private folders
    2) Open pre installed fileman
    3) Functions - Search(find)
    4) Enter private or sys
    5) Wait
    6) Enjoy
    P.S sys is readonly

Some folders
    10207114 - Themes
    102033E6 - Java Applications
    1000484b - Mail folder
    10202dce - Installed sis file

Steps:

• Press menu key, find "File Mgr." (the default file manager) and open it

• Press Options / Find

• You will be prompted to choose between phone memory and memory card. Press down to select memory card
    • Type the name of that protected folder you want to browse through: either Sys or Private

• Press Find and wait
    • The folder will appear in search results. It should appear the first result if you type its whole name

What will you be able to do?

• Browse through folders, subfolders and files inside sys folder
    Copy files/folders from sys to another normal folder
    Browse through folders, subfolders and files inside private folder
    Move and copy files/folders from private folder to another normal folder
    Rename and delete files/folders inside private folder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hack the N95’s News reader template!

Hack the N95’s News reader template!(IT HELPS ONLY IF YOU ARE A REGULAR FEEDS READER ON YOUR N95 WEB FEEDS)

As you may have already know, Nokia N95 runs S60 platform 3rd edition, Feature Pack 1 and it means that it comes with new improved Safari browser and improved RSS reader. Feed reader now supports the Atom format (in addition to RSS) and the browser renders feeds in html format.

Previously, feeds could only be viewed as short text only summaries while the new version is capable to process and show, images, full text and links in html format which is incomparable better solution, but... .. .

Unfortunately, the main layout/template isn’t as good as it should be and therefore whole concept doesn’t looks very well and we getting lot of complains related to the news reader.

Text size is simply too large and it makes feed really hard to use and not eye friendly. Even worse, feed reader isn’t affected by the font settings in the browser itself and there is no way to change the font size just like that.

You would need the following:
    Ready made freaking RSS templates
    yBrowser or any other 3rd party file manger like Fexplorer, Active file, X-plorer

1.)
    Restart phone and run yBrowser(ANY FILE MANAGER)
    2.)
    Go to root of C:\ drive

3.)
    Highlight
    feeds_view_template.html
    4.)
    Delete it!
    5.)
    Now download the template given below and extract the content from the rar file somwhere on your PC.
    6.)
    Upload the feeds_view_template file to your phone, via the cable in mass storage mode or simply send it via BT.
    7.)
    Once uploaded run the yBrowser again, find the file and choose:
    Options / Edit / Copy
    8.)
    Go to root of C:\ drive and choose:
    Option/edit/paste

Note: But i won't advice deleting the original file. just copy it to your pc and save a copy there or in the memory card in case you want the default one back...

That’s it, run Safari and enjoy in new eye friendly layout, hope you like it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

A way to have the International Country Code list on your mobile

Go here

2)Right cl!ck anywhere on the page and "Save Page As" (I use firefox)

3)copy the telcodes.html file and its folder to your phone E:\Documents for example.

4) using Xplore open the telcodes.html, to search the list press "1"
    to go page up press : *
    to go page down press : #

Hope its helpful ... Goodluck.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Solution for backing up & restoring Messages--- Symbian S60 3rd Edition (OS 9.1)

A breakthrough for Symbian S60 3rd Edition (OS 9.1)
    Solution for backing up and restoring Messages
    I am very glad to inform you all, the MOST-WANTED solution for backing and restoring your messages from your memory card. By default in symbian S60 edition phones, when we store messages on memory card, it gets stored in system/mail folder.
    The same thing happens on Symbian 3rd edition phones too, but only difference is that the mail folder is buried deep inside the private folder..
    What you need to access it..
    1) Connect your handset to pc in the “Data transfer” (Mass storage) mode
    2) Go to the Private folder on your memory card
    3) Open the folders in sequential manner
    4) Look for 1000484b (PARENT) folder or like that under which you will find Mail (Child) or mail2 folder, you are looking for.
    5) Copy that (PARENT) folder to your PC
    6) After you format you memory card using handset, copy back the same folder PARENT from pc again under Private folder on memory card using mass storage mode.
    7) Voilla!!! You have got all your messages as it is.
    -- OR --
    Follow 1st step as it is, then go to search option on your pc, include system, hidden files and folders in search options and search for “mail” folder.. and follow steps 5 to 7 as it is.

Post any of your queries..
    Another tutorial in line for creating folders under folder in damn easy way

Note:Message cant be transfered to phone memory...
    The system files of phone memory cant be accessed due to new security levels in the 3rd edition phones...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Save battery on s60v3 wifi phone

a little trick to save battery power

Menu -> Tools -> Setting -> Connection -> Wireless LAN -> Options -> Advanced Settings

(choose "yes" )

Automatic config -> disabled -> TX power level -> Options -> Change -> (change 100 mW to 4 mW) -> OK

this will economise batery but wifi will be more difficult to use

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia Sound Boosting

Hi guys i decided to share with you all this special trick to boost your phone sound(speaker/headphones). It works with built-in Nokia Music Player.
    The trick is...
    Music Player->Option->Audio Settings->Equalizer->Option->New Preset->(Rename following presets below)->Set following the points in screenshot
    Setting the equalizer it will make your speaker/headset sound loud. Here's The picture for the settings.

Just set your equalizer following my screenshot.
    You will notice distortion using this. But this also helps boosts the sound of your phone.

So.. Enjoy!! Hope you guys love this post! I Love MM!

Edit: works with symbian 60 3rd edition phones. Will not work with s60v1 n v2.

Edit: Works with s40v3, the equalizer looks different but it works. Tested on Nokia 5200, Nokia 5300, and Nokia 6288.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Nokia 5500 Sport Tip for saving battery

I 5500, you keep seeing sport icon ruuning in background even when its not being used, consuming the RAM as well as battery at that time.
    You can kill can kill this by using FExplorer's Processes view and save these consumptions.
    Alternatively, as i had read somewhere on web so i'll just list that here-connect USB to your phone and then to PC & choose data transfer-that closes all the applicationsthough. And you might try opening only useful ap
    lications once you disconnect the USB.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast