Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Leave iPhone, nine reasons why the S60s are superior for our needs.

1: Very poor 3G coverage. The coverage indicator shows max “2″ compared with my N95 and N78, which always shows full coverage

2: you cannot receive calls when you surf on the GSM network (via EDGE). The calls were sent to voice mail. And this is on a phone that’s made to be “connected” to the Internet all the time. What a joke!
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hey there mate you have made some really valid points. tho i do not belive that they are iphone exclusive, i think a stroll along other manufacturers would show that nokia outweights just about every one of them. nokia does some things really really well, some things great, yet others need some more work like the download vs. the app store for iphone. still if nokia continues thier serious commitment to the customers and are listening to what we are saying i think we will continue to see some great products and supportive services for them in the time to come.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I had an iPhone for 2 months and while it was at the time, the best one I'd come across it did have it's flaws. So like Nasua, these are the reason why I left my iPhone

1. Low res camera
    2. No video recording
    3. No Geo Tagging
    4. 3G not up to PAR
    5. Battery life short
    6. No multitasking (it's got a 500+MHZ processor!)
    7. Firmware/software problems early on
    8. Some 3rd party apps not allowed

While I still think it is a nice device, I'm quite happy to say that my 5800XM does ALMOST everything I need. And, hopefully with the success of the device, more developers will create or port more apps and games.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well i still own an iphone 3g and even though i use a nokia 5800 for everyday use as i have done with just about all the Nseries phones in the past and even the Omnia or the tocco etc i have yet to find the quality UI in any of them that i can truly say works as well as the Iphone and yes the Iphone has many drawbacks but the UI will always come out on top and until phone manufacturers improve there touch screens this will not change and this i think is down to costs of an Iphone type screen that is made from glass as plastic simply will not do it so Yes the iphone has many drawbacks ....yet the screen it uses remains the best out there to date ...who knows that may even change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I love my 5800;really good phone but not fast prossecor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

All these reasons were very good reasons before iPhone showed up on the market. Ease of use and touch based interface made people switch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12