Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Can't open the sms on my S60 3rd phone

hello ppl , how is it going surfing this forum? for me it has been a pleasure since yesterday reading and reading ...and reading a lot interesting things and why not learning a lot new things about s60 3rd edition mobile phones , i've solved many problems on my nokia E51 like installing unsigned apps ant etc ... well now im "suffering" :P a new problem , i've searched on this forum and google but no chance!!! (or maybe something somewhere was skipped by without notice it )

the problem that im encountering on E51 is that after some "heavy activity" on my phone like installing some apps and some modifications on them """ I CANT OPEN THE SMS READ AND UNREAD, SENT, DRAFTS AND IN FOLDER""", in fact to be true when i change to phone memory the memory in use in menu/sms/settings/other i can use without problem the complete message section when i change it to memory card the problem above occur , i cant do nothing. P.S: i've restarted the phone, reentered the microSD card again, i've send a new sms to my number but nothing!!! it stayed unread and all the sms older and new are in the list!!! just no error is displayed neither a notification to hypothesize what is going on around my phone!!!

i know i wrote a lot , i wanted just to be fully explained!!!!

now please can anyone help me or suggest something , wish ya all the good things ppl

mufaddal_km

Default Re: Can't open the sms on my S60 3rd phone

are other apps which u have installed on your memory card working properly .
    well this is what you can do ...if you have a spare memory card just insert it in your phone , keep the memory in use to "memory card " and see if you get the same problem .
    if you get the same problem means something wrong with the phone u will have to do a reset . if everything worked that means u will have to format your memory card only

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

you can always try to update you phones firmware! all data will be erased
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

try 2 format the memory card

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

thank you all guys about your replies , i solved the problem i just found the folder in the private folder of the memory car which was responsible of holding the sms and removed it , i did it by the transfer mode on the phone connected via pc , i didnt want to format the memory card cause i would lose a lot of other informations and make some apps not more functioning , im sorry that i cant see my sms anymore on my phone but at last with a word editor on my pc where i have saved them i can see them again one time in the future bye ,have a nice day