Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tarun_k

Default not able to access contact book on my NOKIA E51

hi happy new year 2009 to all the members & visitors, now the probs:
    last few days my phone was freezing a lot(still not sure why), so i had to hard reset it & now i'm having problem in accessing my contacts from the external one touch key on phone or even after going inside the main menu. it shows the phone book for a second and then it vanishes from screen. any help please, having loads of problems due to it at work.
    i wondered if it was due to few themes i installed on christmas / new year but to clear myself on it, i deleted all of later installed themes..... the problem persists.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: not able to access contact book on my NOKIA E51

moved to the nokia section

dont think that the hardreset will help. try to update your firmware, but all the contact/apps will be erased
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

no themes usually have nothing to do with that, unless you have a theme that is corrupted and has given you trouble. otherwise do not worry about themes. now where do you store your contacts? on a sim card or on the phone? try the opposite of what you have going on right now and see if it will make any difference. report back.
    as a last last resort you can always try the 'three finger salute' you can find that in the s60 useful codes thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I would try to reflash it or take it to a Nokia shop.

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by tarun_k
    hi happy new year 2009 to all the members & visitors, now the probs:
    last few days my phone was freezing a lot(still not sure why), so i had to hard reset it & now i'm having problem in accessing my contacts from the external one touch key on phone or even after going inside the main menu. it shows the phone book for a second and then it vanishes from screen. any help please, having loads of problems due to it at work.
    i wondered if it was due to few themes i installed on christmas / new year but to clear myself on it, i deleted all of later installed themes..... the problem persists.
    Hi i got the E51 myself if you do a hard reset, it clears your contacts permanently, but if you have them stored on sim you can copy them back.
    Hope it helps

P.S Its a common problem on E51, that it freeze if you store your sms,mms,contacts,etc on memory card .
    The new firmware version 300.34.56 will fix the problem for you.

mufaddal_km

it is always advisable to update to new firmware