Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: is s60 3rd already obsolete? will it be replaced by 5th soon?

I think there will be no 'S50' or something similar in the future.
    S40 is a stable and reliable (only-) phone OS. Maybe in the far future Nokia will only support S60 - 3rd, 4th(??), 5th or whatever - and S40 will become obsolete.
    Regarding the whole lineup of Nokia products, there will be S40 and S60 for a long time.
    Btw, take S80 as an example. How long did it take to let it die?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think s60 3rd is just about hitting its full maturity. FP2 brought it sort of up to date with modern mobile phones now.

I believe they skipped calling the Touch UI 4th edition because they're probably going to reserve it for after 3rd has died. Either that or they're already working on s60 4th edition....

Nokia will always have a presence in both smart and dumb phones, so s40 should be around for awhile.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by eViL D:
    I think s60 3rd is just about hitting its full maturity. FP2 brought it sort of up to date with modern mobile phones now.

I believe they skipped calling the Touch UI 4th edition because they're probably going to reserve it for after 3rd has died. Either that or they're already working on s60 4th edition....

Nokia will always have a presence in both smart and dumb phones, so s40 should be around for awhile.
    there will never be the 4th becasue in some Asian cultures it is a bad omen the number 4 hence Nokia having worldwide reach just tries to avoid any potential issues with relations to omens, luck, etc.

nasua

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    What do you think, is s60 3rd obsolete, will it dissapear in 6-12 months or does it have more life in it? I am curious to know your opinions, please share why and why not.
    I don't think nokia will end lifespand for S60v3 for a long time all E-series devices use S60v3, but then again you never know.

mufaddal_km

well s60v5 is still new and will take time to mature ..s60v3 is here to stay ,may be when s60v5 becomes mature enough that time s60 v3 will bcome the sole os of low end handsets .
    also looking at the fact s40 also was updated to new version i dont think nokia will completely abandon this dummy os .
    I guess all 3 Os will stay and will be available to consumers at different price points ...the niche products will be running s60v5 and mid to low range will feature s60v3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12