Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Daniel

Default Phone antenna location!

Seriously Nokia, WTF are you thinking putting the phone antenna at the bottom of the phone?! It ends up being completely obscured by your hand when holding the phone. I've had a check and the N78, N79, N85, N96, E71 and E66 all have their antennas at the bottom. And of the three I have in my possession (N85, E71, E66), they ALL have crappy reception in comparison to my N95-8GB (which funnilly enough has the antenna at the top).

Please, get your act together and return the antenna to a sensible location that isn't going to be covered by your hand when using your phone. It's no fun having to hold your phone in an uncomfortable fashion just to avoid dropped calls.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Phone antenna location!

The N85 actually uses the entire backside of the cover as an antenna, true, it's still hidden but not really at the bottom of the phone. I guess the problem is that phones are getting so small that you are bound to cover the antenna ^^

ChiZa

Daniel, do you think that your hand is such a great obstacle for GSM or UMTS signal?? Walls, buildings, mountains can do signal weaker but not your hand.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well actually the hand does contribute to the quality and performance of the anntena...the unfortunate thing but true...Nokia has since learned their lessons more or less and have begun to implement other areas to located the antenna. by far the worst antenna solution is the n95 family Daniel you are right wtf were they thinking....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

javascript:void(0);