Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shadowninty

Default Re: [Need some help regarding n86] pls n86 users guide me

Quote Originally Posted by bsmstar
    today i bought a N86 indigo.. awesome !

any notes or things i should know for better usage?
    Desire

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

today i bought a N86 indigo.. awesome !

any notes or things i should know for better usage?
    Uhhh..maybe don't drop it onto a concrete floor (lol...still didn't get my front glass fixed)

But really, the phone will practically look after itself, just install whatever softtware you need and that's it..

just a few tips...

1) I find that the phone works somewhat faster with theme effects disabled
    2) For sunlight legibility use the default white them at full brightness
    3) Get and A/V cable (you might already have one from the 5800 XM)
    4) Get coreplayer (plays every format of video/audio I threw at it)

Congrats on your purchase....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mster911
    Uhhh..maybe don't drop it onto a concrete floor (lol...still didn't get my front glass fixed)

But really, the phone will practically look after itself, just install whatever softtware you need and that's it..

just a few tips...

1) I find that the phone works somewhat faster with theme effects disabled
    2) For sunlight legibility use the default white them at full brightness
    3) Get and A/V cable (you might already have one from the 5800 XM)
    4) Get coreplayer (plays every format of video/audio I threw at it)

Congrats on your purchase....
    lol.. i never let my phones fall.. just the 5800 fell once bcuz my friend wanted to get it from my hand and the hand strip was rolled between my fingers :P
    the phone is fast even with theme effects on
    for sun light i dont care.. have u seen how 5800 look under sun? black box :P
    i have av from 5800, just tried it today and it works on n86
    4- i dont need that :P

now, my exp about it
    1- the phone, unlike 5800 doesnt have "events notified for?" feature in blinking light of menu for missed events, it just blinks forever
    2- doesnt have 5630xm contacts bar but i want to port it to it
    3- win7 identify it as "S60 handset" portable device with no unique picture in taskbar unlike 5800...
    4- ugly wallpaper management as it doesnt cover all hs screen (i mean the area of network providers and battery, signal isnt covered) looks ugly. unlike 5800
    5-very great speakers that isolate person from surrounding :P i became deaf !!
    6- camera isnt very very great but its much better than 5800's :P
    7- menu is just crap!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

1- the phone, unlike 5800 doesnt have "events notified for?" feature in blinking light of menu for missed events, it just blinks forever

Yeah, that kinda gets annoying, I just disabled that feature

2- doesnt have 5630xm contacts bar but i want to port it to it

Hmm...tried to do that no success yet, the S60V3 modding scene doesn't have as many modders as S60v5

3- win7 identify it as "S60 handset" portable device with no unique picture in taskbar unlike 5800...

Usual, something to do with S60V3 I think...

4- ugly wallpaper management as it doesnt cover all hs screen (i mean the area of network providers and battery, signal isnt covered) looks ugly. unlike 5800

get used to it...or you can take the hard route and edit a theme changing the default theme wallpaper...(coz the default wallpaper is stretched fullscreen)...this is a common issue with s60v3 fp2

5-very great speakers that isolate person from surrounding :P i became deaf !!

tour joking...right

6- camera isnt very very great but its much better than 5800's :P

again joking right I mean, yeah compared to Point and Shoots, its not the good, but come on, overall there isn't a mobile phone camera that can stand up to it..

7- menu is just crap!

yeah, but a bit of hard work and customization can go a long way...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

what did u try about the hs? there is that guy who has n85 he ported it and it appeared in menu of hs selection but when it loads there are no icons because he forgot to get the mif files anyway can u give me a list of files u added?

Quote Originally Posted by mster911

Usual, something to do with S60V3 I think...
    nope. it has something to do with the buggy v30. cuz my friend has n85 v11 or v10. it works like a charm

well the phone is actually filled with crap and menu is filled with things u dont need..
    and i really liked the speakers (the headphones) the fact that they put S and M and L ear pieces that are replaceable is great..

but not the camera even though its 28 wide angle and etc. the zoom is not affective! :P the quality isnt that good and i got ppl saying that everything was better in v21 camera, battery. etc. and for some reason, sales managers decided u should get the phone upgraded to latest fw. now how can i go back to v21 if it came with v30? get it to another nokia care ? :P :P ..

well, i know that the camera isnt good cuz my friend has it and i tried it like 3 months ago! butas i said its better than 5800's and nokia, why didnt u put a xenon flash? too hard? :P :P :P its real, the best camera that i ve seen is n95's (i havent seen many cams) but its better than n85, n86 , all xm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

what did u try about the hs? there is that guy who has n85 he ported it and it appeared in menu of hs selection but when it loads there are no icons because he forgot to get the mif files anyway can u give me a list of files u added?

nope. it has something to do with the buggy v30. cuz my friend has n85 v11 or v10. it works like a charm

well the phone is actually filled with crap and menu is filled with things u dont need..
    and i really liked the speakers (the headphones) the fact that they put S and M and L ear pieces that are replaceable is great..

but not the camera even though its 28 wide angle and etc. the zoom is not affective! :P the quality isnt that good and i got ppl saying that everything was better in v21 camera, battery. etc. and for some reason, sales managers decided u should get the phone upgraded to latest fw. now how can i go back to v21 if it came with v30? get it to another nokia care ? :P :P ..

well, i know that the camera isnt good cuz my friend has it and i tried it like 3 months ago! butas i said its better than 5800's and nokia, why didnt u put a xenon flash? too hard? :P :P :P its real, the best camera that i ve seen is n95's (i havent seen many cams) but its better than n85, n86 , all xm
    About the notification light, found a solution for that :
    ...tools>setting>general>personalization>notificat ion lights> standby br. light> turn off breathing light

...and about the Identification in Win 7, its not really a problem..

As for the firmware, I find that v30 is rock solid, but then its a matter of opinion, I think you can go back to v21 by flashing (don't know how though)

And again the camera, are you sure we're using the same phone here, I personally think its the best, ( N82, N95, N85, N96 included ) , but again its a matter of opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12