Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default App for Nokia for remote controlling server?

Hi All,

I'm looking to get rid of my windows mobile phone because it's rubbish (keeps turning itself on randomly, then complaining that the batteries dead!). Problem is I use it occasionally for supporting a windows server of mine.

I have a Nokia 5800 and a Nokia E90, and would like to use one of these for supporting this server, but can't seem to find any software that will allow me to do this. I did download a trial for RDM+, but the desktop application won't install through a terminal services session (and it would cost me about £60 to get the hosts to install it for me).

Does anyone know of any other software that would allow me to do this? It would have to be secure. I did try LogMeIn (www.logmein.com) a while ago which allowed me to do it through a browser but it didn't really do the job very well (moving the mouse around etc. was quite difficult).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: App for Nokia for remote controlling server?

Quote Originally Posted by damian78
    Hi All,

I'm looking to get rid of my windows mobile phone because it's rubbish (keeps turning itself on randomly, then complaining that the batteries dead!). Problem is I use it occasionally for supporting a windows server of mine.

I have a Nokia 5800 and a Nokia E90, and would like to use one of these for supporting this server, but can't seem to find any software that will allow me to do this. I did download a trial for RDM+, but the desktop application won't install through a terminal services session (and it would cost me about £60 to get the hosts to install it for me).

Does anyone know of any other software that would allow me to do this? It would have to be secure. I did try LogMeIn (www.logmein.com) a while ago which allowed me to do it through a browser but it didn't really do the job very well (moving the mouse around etc. was quite difficult).
    I used to use my 5800 and it was fine controlling the mouse, you are really restricted more by the screen size than anything else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: App for Nokia for remote controlling server?

Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Username
    I used to use my 5800 and it was fine controlling the mouse, you are really restricted more by the screen size than anything else.
    I've not actually tried it with the 5800, it was with the E90 I attempted to use it so might give it another go, thanks.

I'll just have to convince the guy I share my server with that it is actually secure