Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default The Nokia E72 Trap

The kind people at WomWorldNokia sent me a Black E72 for review.┬* Little did I know what Nokia had in store for me?
    QWERTY experience
    Numerous short-cut keys with One-touch menu to organise your preferences.┬* These I have left at the defaults
    Home/Menu/Open Apps
    Calendar/New Meeting
    Contacts/New Contact
    Email/New Email
    Left Selection key - Menu
    Right Selection key - Camera
    Active Standby in Business Mode - Messaging, Gravity, Oxford Dictionary, Opera, Ovi Maps
    Active Standby in Personal Mode - Messaging, Core Player, Music, Gallery, Podcasting
    It would be nice if┬*in future symbian's we were able to choose a folder as an Application short-cut, for example media.
    In addition, on┬*the Active standby┬* is Email, calendar entries, To-do list and Ovi Contacts.┬* There are many more additions, but the standby screen cannot show them all and what is shown is dependent on the changes in activity and your own personal settings.┬* The standby screen appears small but it holds a lot of visual information and I have no problem with the clarity or assessing the recent notifications/actions via a quick glance.
    Communities has been withdrawn at the moment, but I am looking forward to accessing my social contacts under one point, Ovi Contacts, MSN Messenger in addition to those already available, Facebook and Twitter.
    However, Gravity does a fantastic job of keeping the majority of social applications in tow.┬* Through Gravity I am able to access Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Google Reader and Images.┬* Gravity is ever evolving so I think only a little time will pass before new social groups are added.
    Email - at first set-up was an utter fiasco.┬* I do not know how it occurred but I managed to delete four months of very important email.┬* I try not to think about it now as it makes me sad.┬* However, it is now correct.┬* Email arrives via several options and I have yet to figure which is which.┬* It appears I have a different email client in view on the standby screen to that set up on the short-cut key and this too is different from that accessed via the default email client.┬* I believe this is┬*due to my┬*combination of hotmail, Gmail, Mail for Exchange and Nokia messaging.┬* Nevertheless, it will be fun when I have time, to investigate the causes.
    Touch Icons.┬* Such an improvement to the E71 Icons.┬* I hope this does not change in future E-series devices.┬* However, the ubiquitousness between a Folder and an application will take getting used to.
    CPU Speed - Faultless.┬* No waiting or hanging around for menu's and applications to open.
    Size, weight, thinness, build quality ÔÇô perfection barring a little light leakage here and there.
    In addition to all the above, E72 users now have the full version of Quick Office so you are able to create new documents which is a welcome attraction as in previous versions, you could only edit.
    Ovi Maps ÔÇô Sensational.┬*┬* Includes free drive and walk navigation.
    The camera in the E72 has been upgraded to┬* 5 megapixels.┬* Granted, it cannot compete with the Nokia N82 in low-light or night shots┬* but, it is more than adequate for the daily point and shoot of the business end consumer at which the E72 is aimed.
    Suffice to say, that I did not know what I was letting myself in for when I received this trial handset.┬* I had forgotten that so much could be compacted in to such a small space and in such a graceful creature.┬* Needless to say, I was not going to let this one get away from me.
    So... on returning the E72 to WomWorldNokia, I promptly ordered my very own Nokia E72 - Topaz Brown.
    Nokia set the trap, and I fell for the bait.
    Thank you Nokia!
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/05/04/the-nokia-e72-trap/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: The Nokia E72 Trap

so you got an e72 mate?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

its dani
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Phat^Trance
    its dani
    dani?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm all with you on this. I have been able to test the phone for a few days, and it is very good. The UI is very smooth and fluid. And it got almost everything you need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well, anyone, i have to agree. i used to have an e72 which is quite the same as this model except for the body and the camera. i have to say, the 600 mhz processor really does it's job

edit: e52

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    dani?

http://www.dailymobile.net/about/
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    well, anyone, i have to agree. i used to have an e72 which is quite the same as this model except for the body and the camera. i have to say, the 600 mhz processor really does it's job
    yeah, the E72 is probably one of the fastest s60 phones!
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

just played around with e71 for a day and im coming to like but the e72 offers more
    the email thing you mentioned
    i use yahoo and it does not show yahoo on screen just @no new messages for example if empty

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

got my E72 today the silver one its great
    sound is a bit distorted on loud speaker hope this improves with update