Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Skyfire Browser - BETA .90(9156)

A new version has been released. I don't know the changelog or have screenshots, sorry. The package is much smaller than before though.

nasua

Default Re: Skyfire Browser - BETA .90(9156)

Changelog:

What’s new in 0.9 for both Windows Mobile and Symbian:

We’re Going Social: Our start page experience is brand spanking new and includes feeds, Facebook and Twitter integration. Catch up with news and your friends postings, easily share info and make yourself heard with few clicks.

Improved Text Readability: We implemented a great solution to improve the readability of large text areas (think blogs and news articles) on small screens. We automatically adapt the font size for large articles in a way that once you zoom into the article you will be able to read it without the need for horizontal scroll. Use our contextual zoom function to fit the article to your screen width and it will make a pleasant reading experience. With this introduction we retired our previous SmartFit solution.

Widescreen screen support: Many recent Windows Mobile devices including the Samsung i900 Omnia or the Sony Ericsson Experia X1 now use a widescreen format. Skyfire 0.9 Beta fully supports the widescreen format. On Symbian, we now support the 352x416 resolution such as the Nokia N80.

Improved Superbar: When you select one of the auto-suggest entries you will immediately get more refined suggestions (instead of launching the search right away). Handy to search for the exact term that you are looking for.

Download Media: Now you can see/listen to media that is accessible in Skyfire, and download it to your phone as well. Found an audio file?
    Listen to it in Skyfire – you like it? Download it to your phone. Obviously this works only for freely accessible files. For Windows Mobile, we even launch the media player for formats such as Windows Media Streaming audio. Now you can stream radio in the background while continuing to browse.

Updated page rendering: We updated our algorithm to improve the consistency of the information shown. In addition we improved the zoom action, which provides a quicker response.

Updated Plug-ins: Including Flash 10, Silverlight 2.0 final and newest Quicktime version.

What’s new in Windows Mobile 0.9 since Windows Mobile 0.8.5?

Wide Screen VGA support: Now we support all screen resolutions that are popular on Windows Mobile, including: 240x240, 320x320, 320x240 (QVGA),400x240 (WQVGA), 640x480 (VGA), 800x480 (WVGA). Thus new and popular devices such as the Samsung i900 Omnia or the Sony Ericsson Experia X1 are supported.

Launch URL’s from Email: Fixed the issue where long URL’s or encoded URL’s didn’t open correctly. If you have not already done so, please set Skyfire as your default browser (see Menu l Settings). Next time you want to click through a long URL in an email, it’s simply a click. Note: This is available for Windows Mobile only.

What’s new in Symbian 0.9 since Symbian 0.8.5?

Lighter, leaner: We significantly reduced the program size to about 750k by removing dependencies. This results in easier and more reliable installation (no more PIPES or PIPS error messages), faster and more reliable network connection, less frequent requests for Access Point selection. Overall a big improvement.

N80: We support higher resolution (352x416) devices such as the Nokia N80.

N95 Landscape Mode: We have placed buttons appropriately on the N95 in landscape mode.

Better Battery Life: Further improvements include some bug fixes and disconnecting Skyfire more reliably when the application is in the background to further preserve battery life.

Downloading and Installing:

For Symbian users on Skyfire 0.6 beta PLEASE UNINSTALL YOUR EXISTING CLIENT FIRST!
    For anyone on Skyfire 0.8 or 0.8.5 you can install over your existing Skyfire client.
    To install onto your Windows Mobile or Symbian S60 device simply point your Pocket Internet Explorer or Symbian browser to http://get.skyfire.com. We will detect the phone model and provide you the appropriate installer -- download, install, and you are up and running!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

kewel will download it tonite when i get home, thanks both of you

mufaddal_km

Skyfire 0.9 comes with Facebook and Twitter integration for those who care about those things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yeah, a very cool browser. too bad it doesn't know how to work with wap APN connection. and...i think the posted screenshots are for WM devices, not S60v3 devices... it's just a guess.

thomaskc

Are there any version compatible with the N 5800 ?

This version does not support the touch

mufaddal_km

not yet

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hello
    I am dying for a browser. I cant install any one of Opera, JB5, Skyfire, Bolt etc. on my S60 V3 FP1, Samsung SGH I450 phone. It says my phone already has SkyFire 0.6 and asks me to uninstall it first. Does anyone have this version ? I want to try what it now says and whether it will allow me to uninstall the non-existent browser version. Thanks