Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 46 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1652
  1. #451
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle_2107
    thanks for everything mate!! i'll post again soon.
    cheers mate

  2. #452
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    then let the other things install. those drivers are required for your phone to be connected to the pc.
    i can't install those softwares..it always fails everytime i try to install those..it says "The required section was not found in the INF"
    and it also says it cannot find the Nokia GSM Phone USB OBEX and i don't know what that is..

    and can i buy just the nokia 5800 CD installer on nokia stores?

  3. #453
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by myscene_0116
    i can't install those softwares..it always fails everytime i try to install those..it says "The required section was not found in the INF"
    and it also says it cannot find the Nokia GSM Phone USB OBEX and i don't know what that is..

    and can i buy just the nokia 5800 CD installer on nokia stores?
    that's not possible.

    here's what you do. uninstall everything that nokia has. restart your pc. reinstall nokia pc suite and nokia software updater, the latest versions and restart your pc. try it again mate.

    let me know the results.

  4. #454
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by oreo27
    that's not possible.

    here's what you do. uninstall everything that nokia has. restart your pc. reinstall nokia pc suite and nokia software updater, the latest versions and restart your pc. try it again mate.

    let me know the results.
    i uninstall almost everything..the ovi player,ovi suite,photos,software updater etc.,however,there are some programs installed on my pc like windows driver package - nokia modem,nokia pccsmcfd but there's no info of how big the size of those programs were..do i also need to uninstall them?

  5. #455
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    7,977
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by myscene_0116
    i uninstall almost everything..the ovi player,ovi suite,photos,software updater etc.,however,there are some programs installed on my pc like windows driver package - nokia modem,nokia pccsmcfd but there's no info of how big the size of those programs were..do i also need to uninstall them?
    yes, you need to uninstall those as well.

  6. #456
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    finally!!!after days of searching for the CD installer of my phone..i finally found it..now i need to reinstall the Nokia PC suite and software updater and try to connect my phone and then will do the JAF Flashing..hope it works^^

  7. #457

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    [img][/img]


    what does this mean? i cannot flash

  8. #458
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    i installed the latest version of PC suite but i can't see the mobile icon that will turn green if your phone is connected on your pc via PC suite anymore..
    and i also installed the programs on my 5800XM CD yesterday but because i haven't successfully connected my phone on my PC using PC suite i decided to uninstall everything again and when i decided to reinstall again today..i cannot play the CD anymore..it says
    "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006).Click on OK to terminate the application."
    i know it's the computer's system's problem so i decided to give up and stop trying to do everything just to update my phone..maybe i'll try it again if firmware V60 of 5800 comes out..but i need to reformat my PC first..lol

    and thank you so much for oreo27 for everything..even though i haven't successfully updated my phone i still appreciate it when you tried to help me..till next time?LOL

  9. #459
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    57
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    I need to know something.
    It was written on the first page that it'll delete everything on my phone and then install new software. So, will I lose all my personal data i.e softwares, messages, contacts?
    And if I will lose them, can I get these things back someway? Maybe, backup all the things and then restore them?

  10. #460
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,587
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

    Quote Originally Posted by mehranshaikh
    I need to know something.
    It was written on the first page that it'll delete everything on my phone and then install new software. So, will I lose all my personal data i.e softwares, messages, contacts?
    And if I will lose them, can I get these things back someway? Maybe, backup all the things and then restore them?
    yes, backup via internal backup app (in file manager) or ovi/pc suite


 
Page 46 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Orange Homescreen for Newbie
    By liliantungary in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
  2. newbie help please
    By lexie in forum Symbian S60v5 Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 07:59 AM
  3. Kastor UI for Newbie
    By liliantungary in forum Symbian S60V5 Modding
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 04:42 AM
  4. [HELP] Some Newbie Questions
    By weijian95 in forum Symbian S60V5 Custom Firmware / Cooking - Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •