Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Flashing with JAF for Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by liliantungary
    1. click flash button on JAF emulator
    2. now quickly press power button on your phone
    3. hold on for a moment until flashing start
    Thanks mate !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

its to do with the pc suite drivers (ive explained this loads of times now, in email and on forum threads)

Un-install the pc suite - all together, the full program, everything.

#Reboot windows

Re - install PC suite

When prompted by pc suite, plug in your device (5800 whatever)

Let it load all the drivers.

When its finished ( dont close the anything, or do anything else.)

Then start JAF, by normall means. (include compatibilty/administrator thing etc)

Start the flash procedure.

When you get to the part where you turn device off, do it.

Then click flash etc. Jaf will go through procedure , and then try and detect the device -- WHEN you lightly press the power button.

LET WINDOWS SETUP THE DRIVER AGAIN, because you turned it off, it tries to reinstall that driver again. It takes a minute or so, but dont stop it.

When its installed the driver again.
    THEN PRESS THE POWER BUTTON ON YOUR DEVICE , BUT DONT HOLD IN THE BUTTON.

Jaf will then detect the phone again, and flash your device, in about 7 seconds !!

DONE

The problem i had, same as all of you, and thats what i did. Its cos windows needs the driver again;
    when you press the power button again, it installs the drivers again !!

Hope this helps, cos its drove me nuts for an hour, but i got it sorted, doing it this way !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

It work's great, i just flashed my 5800 with the latest custom firmware v50

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hi huys,

Quote Originally Posted by mihir160489
    Guys i tried flashing with jaf but it gives me a error saying "Error Booting Phone"
    pls help
    same to me... could anybody give me an hint? im using the 5800 rm356, if thats important

thx in advance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@ andys580 - thanks for that useful information!!!
    i will try it again tomorrow.. =)

btw if i've flashed my phone to v6, can i flash it again if anything goes wrong with the cfw? it wont damage the phone, right?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by danielcf
    @ andys580 - thanks for that useful information!!!
    i will try it again tomorrow.. =)

btw if i've flashed my phone to v6, can i flash it again if anything goes wrong with the cfw? it wont damage the phone, right?
    yea its fine. ive had probs with phone not getting found after turning off, if you cant get it working at that point after a few goes, just disconnect your mobile and reboot your phone.

Then start the flash again, it doesnt do anything to the phone until it finds the phone after you just press the power button back on (eg. at the end of flashing)

Its alot (ALOT) easier than you think.

The only probs i had were the ones i desribed up in thread. Mainly with the pc suite drivers and windows 7 not keeping them. Soon as you turn your mobile off and you can see there is no more lights on, press flash and when it says to --- press the power button, but dont hold it, but its got to be more that a light touch, a good press was needed for my mobile.

And also, just wait for the windows drivers to re install, before you re-press the power button, thats why its not finding the phone again. Let windows install the drtivers, then press in the power button.

Its cos soon as you turn the phone off to flash, windows forgets the drivers and has to load them again, when you have pressed the power button again it loads the drivers again.

Well on Windows 7 anyway.

Get flashing mate, it only actually takes 7 seconds to flash the phone, once it starts flashing.

If you get stuck, give me a shout :-)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by andys5800
    yea its fine. ive had probs with phone not getting found after turning off, if you cant get it working at that point after a few goes, just disconnect your mobile and reboot your phone.

Then start the flash again, it doesnt do anything to the phone until it finds the phone after you just press the power button back on (eg. at the end of flashing)

The only probs i had were the ones i desribed up in thread. Mainly with the pc suite drivers and windows 7 not keeping them. Soon as you turn your mobile off and you can see there is no more lights on, press flash and when it says to --- press the power button, but dont hold it, but its got to be more that a light touch, a good press was needed for my mobile.

And also, just wait for the windows drivers to re install, before you re-press the power button, thats why its not finding the phone again. Let windows install the drtivers, then press in the power button.

Its cos soon as you turn the phone off to flash, windows forgets the drivers and has to load them again, when you have pressed the power button again it loads the drivers again.

Get flashing mate, it only actually takes 7 seconds to flash the phone, once it starts flashing.

rather not to say

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by andys5800

Yeah ure right mate,its easier than we think...the tutorial seems to difficult but its not like that...
    in my case when phone not found i install pc suite-restart pc and connect my phone in pc suite-disconect phone from pc suite-open jaf and then flash like usually.
    my question is there any effect/damage to our phone if get to much flashing?
    sorry for double post and my bad english
    rather not to say

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

when im in step 4 of the installation of pc suite, it says connection setup complete.
    but under the "You have now the following connections available", it's blank. nothing.
    my 5800 is connected to the pc via pc suite. and when i put the mouse on the pc suite icon, it's connected..
    also, i clicked the ballon "found new hardware" and i think it installed the drivers.

on PC SUITE, can i click the check if it's finished?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have another problem..
    when i press the power button (lighlty), a message appears, "Found New Hardware : Nokia USB ROM".
    i clicked it to install the driver, but it says, "The wizard could not find the software on your computer for... Nokia USB ROM". Windows even searched for the software online but no results..

I uninstalled PC Suite and the drivers, and rebooted the pc.
    Then I installed Nokia PC Suite 7.0.7.0 Final.exe, connected my phone on PC Suite mode, and there was a problem as well (look at my post above).

As usual, JAF did not detect my phone because of that.
    do you know what software is needed for Nokia USB ROM?
    I'm using Windows XP by the way.

Page 14 of 166 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast