Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12,253
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    1

    Default Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test


    Here is a browser speed test of the new Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware that will be available soon.
    <blockquote>DailyMobile is loading pretty quick, Engadget mobile version is loading fast, BUT Engadget full is loading pretty slow. But hey, Engadget is a big site with lots of flash content and pictures. As you can see when the Nokia has loaded the Engadget site it's pretty quick. Kinetic scrolling is working sort of .</blockquote>
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGKGCNkSOG4[/youtube]
    [Via Thx Jonas]
    testing

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    145
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Engadget is always slow, at least for me

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    doesnt look a lot better than the browser of my n97... kinda poor for a device that just got shipped.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    415
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Erhm thx jonas It was he who suggested it ! I recorded it :P



  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    481
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Quote Originally Posted by jumojn
    Erhm thx jonas It was he who suggested it ! I recorded it :P
    Thanks for the video!

    Does the browser have a new version number?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    415
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZIP
    Thanks for the video!

    Does the browser have a new version number?
    No.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    64
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Thank you for the video.

    I 'll admit, I haven't used PR 1.1 just yet, however I've watched a few videos. It appears to be yet another huge disappointment and embarrassment from Nokia.

    From my perspective of watching these videos, I see absolutely no improvements in kinetic scrolling (if it can be called that in the N8's browser) or even speed.
    Menu and option buttons appear still as unresponsive as ever. The OS still appears generally sluggish. It's apparent that nothing has been improved in terms of what we see (meaning visuals, speed, responsiveness etc.). I obviously cannot account for any bug fixes, but when it comes to the mass consumer, what they see is what they believe. Perhaps all of this will come in PR 2.0, but that's even more waiting.

    I think the majority of so-called speed increases that people see here are just a placebo effect. If you're happy with that then that's absolutely fine, but my personal opinion and credibility of Nokia is still very much in decline. The market agrees with my sentiment, just look at the figures.

    I can understand there being no improvements when it comes to the browser. What's the point in improving something that is only going to be replaced in a few months time? But on the other hand this is the browser we have now, and taking into consideration Nokia's delays, possibly for even longer than thought.

    Perhaps I'm being a little harsh, especially with not even using the PR 1.1 update yet, but I can't help but be critical of Nokia after so many let downs.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    72
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuashawharvey
    I can understand there being no improvements when it comes to the browser. What's the point in improving something that is only going to be replaced in a few months time?
    What makes you think they will replace the browser?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    95
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuashawharvey
    Thank you for the video.

    I 'll admit, I haven't used PR 1.1 just yet, however I've watched a few videos. It appears to be yet another huge disappointment and embarrassment from Nokia.

    From my perspective of watching these videos, I see absolutely no improvements in kinetic scrolling (if it can be called that in the N8's browser) or even speed.
    Menu and option buttons appear still as unresponsive as ever. The OS still appears generally sluggish. It's apparent that nothing has been improved in terms of what we see (meaning visuals, speed, responsiveness etc.). I obviously cannot account for any bug fixes, but when it comes to the mass consumer, what they see is what they believe. Perhaps all of this will come in PR 2.0, but that's even more waiting.

    I think the majority of so-called speed increases that people see here are just a placebo effect. If you're happy with that then that's absolutely fine, but my personal opinion and credibility of Nokia is still very much in decline. The market agrees with my sentiment, just look at the figures.

    I can understand there being no improvements when it comes to the browser. What's the point in improving something that is only going to be replaced in a few months time? But on the other hand this is the browser we have now, and taking into consideration Nokia's delays, possibly for even longer than thought.

    Perhaps I'm being a little harsh, especially with not even using the PR 1.1 update yet, but I can't help but be critical of Nokia after so many let downs.
    A well worded representation of how so many people feel, including me +1 for you

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    415
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Nokia N8 PR 1.1 firmware - Browser speed test

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuashawharvey
    Thank you for the video.

    I 'll admit, I haven't used PR 1.1 just yet, however I've watched a few videos. It appears to be yet another huge disappointment and embarrassment from Nokia.

    From my perspective of watching these videos, I see absolutely no improvements in kinetic scrolling (if it can be called that in the N8's browser) or even speed.
    Menu and option buttons appear still as unresponsive as ever. The OS still appears generally sluggish. It's apparent that nothing has been improved in terms of what we see (meaning visuals, speed, responsiveness etc.). I obviously cannot account for any bug fixes, but when it comes to the mass consumer, what they see is what they believe. Perhaps all of this will come in PR 2.0, but that's even more waiting.

    I think the majority of so-called speed increases that people see here are just a placebo effect. If you're happy with that then that's absolutely fine, but my personal opinion and credibility of Nokia is still very much in decline. The market agrees with my sentiment, just look at the figures.

    I can understand there being no improvements when it comes to the browser. What's the point in improving something that is only going to be replaced in a few months time? But on the other hand this is the browser we have now, and taking into consideration Nokia's delays, possibly for even longer than thought.

    Perhaps I'm being a little harsh, especially with not even using the PR 1.1 update yet, but I can't help but be critical of Nokia after so many let downs.
    Things should be fixed in PR 2.0 . It should have the new browser too ,built on QT. It could be so that nokia want's to put this browser into MeeGo to. Because it's built on QT. That browser could be kick ass if they are going to use it on multi platform . Maemo, Meego , Symbian^3


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia N8 Vs Samsung Galaxy S - Specs, Maps, Navigation, UI, YouTube, Speed Test and Browser Comparison
    By phattrance in forum Symbian^3, Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
  2. LG Optimus 2X vs iPhone 4 - Web Browser speed test
    By phattrance in forum Other Phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. HTC Desire vs. Nokia N8 - Web Browser speed test
    By phattrance in forum Symbian^3, Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:54 PM
  4. Browser Speed test with N8!
    By jumojn in forum Symbian^3, Symbian Anna and Nokia Belle Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
  5. Speed Test: Android 2.2 (Froyo) Web Browser
    By phattrance in forum Android Phones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •