Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Why is N8 phone taking so long, and where do we stand with Symbian?

I got tired of waiting and got a Nexus One, I love it! I mean its sad because IMO the N8 has the best looks and best hardware, only 1 thing the OS, And its a BIG thing for me, If the N8 had android IMO it would easily be the best phone out their, but instead Nokia still sticks with Crap Symbian....Perhaps I will still buy one day but no more than $300 IMO..

Flame Away...

---------------------------
    Title edited //Usta

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Why is this phone taking so long?

lol if you don't know symbi - think like stupid robot (android)

and nexus is even banned from google store - big fail

IMO google is good at search, maps.. not at phones really..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

he's fooling himself...
    Revealed soon the truth will be, young apprentice.

Hey, I think I'm gonna write like Master Yoda from now on! :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    lol if you don't know symbi - think like stupid robot (android)

and nexus is even banned from google store - big fail

IMO google is good at search, maps.. not at phones really..
    Banned from the google store? Know your facts before you spout stuff, they stopped selling on the google store but is still available from the carriers, and you're delusional if you think Symbian is better then Android, when you get it actually running with would freezing and crashing all the time then talk to me. Yea google isnt good at phone.....thats why the N1 is one of the best phones and has been for a while? Symbian is terrible, Im not a fanboy of Android, IOS or anything I just call it as I see it and frankly IOS and Android Destroy symbian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@solidkevin- I've had a get go with Android on Hero and iPhone and frankly, I dont see anything that makes them superior to symbian. Nothing. Oh sure, Hero had like 7 homescreens with the app shorcuts and one widget each. How different is swiping 3x to the left or right to pressing menu>apps>app. It just looks good. That's it. It's just me but I couldnt care less if it looks good that whether it works the way I need/want it to. Besides, the 3 N8 homescreens are better than any default homescreen I've seen.

Or maybe just because my 5800 isnt freezing and crashing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

do you know why freezing happens? Bcuz 5800 sucks at ram part. As abt crashes - from fw 50 i haven't expected any crash in default apps, and as abt 3rd party it all depends on developers. Yes i know nexus is available from carriers, i think you can also find brand new untouched iphone 2g, but not from apple

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

For me I like Android better because It looks a lot better (very subjective if it matters to you), As I said symbian would always crash on me in the web browser and throughout some apps, just very annoying, it happened to me on the 5800, n97 mini, Omnia HD and Satio, I just got sick of it!, Also the crazy amount of apps are a big welcome in IOS and Android, its nice to have them in one store for all devices rather then searching the internet for apps and a lot of them arent even compatible with s60v5, Dont get me wrong im no hater, I tried I really tried with S60 (as you can see with all the phones I mentioned) and I just couldn't handle it, I just dont know why Nokia cant put more ram into their phones, and touch up the OS a lot more, I mean If you look at android 1.5 to 2.2 its such a drastic change in terms of looks and that was what? A couple of years only? Also the OVI store can be much better and have more content, we'll see though.

As I said Im not a fanboy or hater, I just use these devices and tell it like it is, hell I love the N1 but its no where near as fast as people say, t still has its faults. Like I said im still interested in the N8, if it dosnt have any freezing problems and the OVI store gets better I will pick this phone up casue frankly it is the best looking phone out there IMO and one of the best hardware pec wise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yes i know.. but you know one good place with apps is much better than store when you need to pay $$$ even..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Cool to know mate. Enjoy your new device! My next phone will be an android device aswell. Unless my apple freaky friend convinces me to buy an iPhone, which won't happen... but then... iPhone has better games than Android.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMack
    Cool to know mate. Enjoy your new device! My next phone will be an android device aswell. Unless my apple freaky friend convinces me to buy an iPhone, which won't happen... but then... iPhone has better games than Android.
    android is for work, iphone is for games, games takes 2-3% of our activity, work takes 90%.. :P

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast