Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Why is N8 phone taking so long, and where do we stand with Symbian?

@shadow

1. You showed me that the free RAM of Desire and N8 is NEARLY equal (10mb out of a possible 150mb isnt so big)
    2. You removed my reply to usta taking me out of context. But all very well. All I did in that second reply was ask usta how does the average user end up with only 150mb at startup when apparently the Desire has almost 400mb free RAM (making it only as heavy as S^3). I also expressed that from what I have seen, flashlite 4.0 is not equivalent to flash 10 but lower, and that reviewers are saying a browser update is on the way from Nokia.
    3. Thank you for putting up that second quote from usta. There you would see a Desire user blatantly saying that the free RAM of the Desire at bootup with all the processes loaded is 150mb on average. Not so far from the 139mb free RAM of N8 with all processes loaded.

Now I am asking you, how is telling the people that N8 and Desire free RAM is almost equal pulling an inch into a mile? All I'm sayung is, if the free RAM on both phones is nearly equal, then why is the N8 being bashed for too little RAM? As an N8 hater and an Android advocate, I want you to explain that? I'm not trying to insinuate a fight here. I am asking you to explain to us why you keep on arguing that the N8 has too little RAM if this is the case?

To be honest I was a bit surprised. I was expecting more free RAM from Desire, since as I said before the N8 wasnt really designed to compete with it. I am not putting the N8 up against the Desire here. it just happened that it was the example RAM value you gave. If you got me a link to a Legend that would have been perfect since that's the one in the same category as the N8 was originally intended to fall in: mid range.

To sum up all my comments from the beginning of our debate: IF FREE RAM ON N8 IS ALMOST EQUAL TO DESIRE FREE RAM, WHY DOES THE N8 GET BASHED WITH COMMENTS LIKE LOO SMALL RAM? AND IF ANDROID IS ALLOWED TO RELEASE PHONES WITH LESS THAN 700MHZ PROC (ARIA, LEGEND, ETC) BUT N8 BASHED WHEN IT ONLY HAS 680MHZ PROC?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@chanchan

. . .whatever

the fact that it has lower RAM. period

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I find it comical that you guys put so much effort into arguing about CELL PHONES. I really hope you guys argue this much when it comes to actual important things...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shinki0016
    @chanchan

. . .whatever

the fact that it has lower RAM. period
    Ah, there is that higher level of thinking again. We are blessed!

Cool picture though ;-)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Stif-Meister
    Ah, there is that higher level of thinking again. We are blessed!

Cool picture though ;-)
    I'm starting to find them funny though..^_^...I'm not actually defending the N8, I am only pointing out things they missed entirely, and simply asking them, why all the hate? LOL. That's what you call they see only what they want to see. Its as if the Desire is the only phone HTC released. LOL.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    I'm starting to find them funny though..^_^...I'm not actually defending the N8, I am only pointing out things they missed entirely, and simply asking them, why all the hate? LOL. That's what you call they see only what they want to see. Its as if the Desire is the only phone HTC released. LOL.
    Still though, you cant deny that for 99% of ppl Android is better then symbian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Well I guess you take into account: hardware, UI (the basic looks of the OS and navigation), memory, and apps, right?

Hardware: since the some of their phones' hardware isn't really good neither are the specs that are in it.
    UI: 'Cause you guys simply don't like basic looking OS's and think Symbian is going fubar.
    Memory: Well this speaks for itself. I've been encountering those fails lately in my phone.
    Apps: 'Cause of lack of support for them. (?) lol Honestly I can't be bothered with the apps as long as the phone could browse the internet, play vids from the net and stuff, I'm good. But that's me.

I do agree Nokia's running a little short on those. But I do think and hope they'd make up for it with the N9.

And lol@ shinki's posts! Mr. high level of thinking all hail! ohmmm ohmmm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Still though, you cant deny that for 99% of ppl Android is better then symbian
    I'd take somewhere between 60-80%, instead of 99. The extreme hype and number of people interested in the N8 (across the board actually, even some Android users are interested because of the camera, HDMI and usb to go, but not enough for Google to worry) sort of makes be doubt the "99%" you're saying, however I do not deny that many people got swayed by the advertising and cool UI of Android.

Then there are the weird Android haters who simply hate the thing for no apparent reason. Like those iPhone haters who hate the thing for no apparent reason. There are always those guys.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    I'd take somewhere between 60-80%, instead of 99. The extreme hype and number of people interested in the N8 (across the board actually, even some Android users are interested because of the camera, HDMI and usb to go, but not enough for Google to worry) sort of makes be doubt the "99%" you're saying, however I do not deny that many people got swayed by the advertising and cool UI of Android.
    Well in my city, I regularly visit phone shops
    There are regularly several display phones to test
    I have never seen someone test a Nokia touch phone (apart from a few 523x's) and walk out the door with them, despite the fact that many of them go in to the store to purchase them

Because of this, all the phone shops in my city only have one Nokia touch phone on display (X6) as it has capacitive screen

Anyway, most of these ppl leave the store with an iPhone 3Gs (lately iPhone4 as well), an Android (especially HTC Wildfire) or also recently a Samsung Wave (some stores seem to have hidden away the app store in the launcher )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Well in my city, I regularly visit phone shops
    There are regularly several display phones to test
    I have never seen someone test a Nokia touch phone (apart from a few 523x's) and walk out the door with them, despite the fact that many of them go in to the store to purchase them

Because of this, all the phone shops in my city only have one Nokia touch phone on display (X6) as it has capacitive screen

Anyway, most of these ppl leave the store with an iPhone 3Gs (lately iPhone4 as well), an Android (especially HTC Wildfire) or also recently a Samsung Wave (some stores seem to have hidden away the app store in the launcher )

Depends on where you are I guess. In SEA, the general lack of interest in Android makes it hard to see. One mobile carrier has started the Android generation here, but the public's interest is hell bent on the iPhone and Blackberries. Nokia is still the leading brand here, and Samsung, but iPhones and Blackberries have become a fashion statement that more and more people here usually have those and secondary Nokia/Samsung phone in tow...And they dont even know much about apps or upgrading software. They just buy those stuff coz its well, cool for them. Sometimes when I ask them why are they texting me, cant we just chat over the net as its faster (Nimbuzz, Palringo, facebook, or whatever app they can use) and they say, what? that's possible? And there was one time when I sent an email using my phone, and the person said, "that's possible?", and I replied, "your iPhone can do it too."

Also android is only sold here as tied down to plans/contracts, and that puts off a lot of people for some reason.

So you see, people here arent really buying into much of those UI, apps stuff. They look more at the camera, music, wifi, and the phone's over all looks, and the "fashion". Superficial you might say. Which is why Nokia and Samsung sells here a lot. HTC phones well, as far as the looks go arent in line with eastern tastes.

The Japanese also love their Symbian phones. Speaking of Japanese phones, have you seen the Tronatic Motion? Its crazy. LOL. I dont even have any idea if its real.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast