Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    shadowninty

Default Re: Why is N8 phone taking so long, and where do we stand with Symbian?

Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    Im a bit scared more for S^4 since it will be a major rehash of codes. Windows 7 is better than Vista because Win7 was rooted more closely to Win Xp. Microsoft did a few major changes which made Vista suck as hell compared to XP.
    Yup I agree

The worst thing that its going to be high-end

This means its not going to be light on resources

SF is just like the US
    "Hey the Oil's gonna run out, lets not reduce our use of it, lets just invade a few oil rich countries"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I think Meego will be more for those Nokia Communicators/Internet Tablet types with qwerty keyboards, while S^4 can be put in those high end touch phones assuming S^4 has the same GUI as Meego like flagship for X, E or C series. Non hardcore users will prefer S^4 rather than Meego with its techy requirements if and only if they have the same GUI. If not then S^4 would be the mid to high end OS retaining the universal and for all ages UI and much different than Meego.

S^3 might still be used for those low end smartphones like the 5800 clones.

shadowninty

I think Meego will be more for those Nokia Communicators/Internet Tablet types with qwerty keyboards, while S^4 can be put in those high end touch phones assuming S^4 has the same GUI as Meego like flagship for X, E or C series. Non hardcore users will prefer S^4 rather than Meego with its techy requirements if and only if they have the same GUI. If not then S^4 would be the mid to high end OS retaining the universal and for all ages UI and much different than Meego.

S^3 might still be used for those low end smartphones like the 5800 clones.
    Yup this is probably nokia's ****** up thinking alright.

Despite the fact that my friend who struggles to find his way around my phone, had no problems using an N900

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke
    Wait...what?

Sense is something that you don't make, and common sense might be something that you don't have.
    and brain is something that you dont have

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tamzak
    Actually, this pic doesn't mean anything...

1. Could be fake
    2. Maybe this guy opened who knows how many apps to get to this error

Like I read soooo many times on this forum: let's wait till it's out to judge it ourselves.
    For some reason I cant load the pic, but I'm guessing its the memory full pic? It was taken last January (or was it March?) using beta firmware. Symbian^3 was declared ready just July, which again means, the pic means nothing as of yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@shadow - S^4 IS developed as a complete break from old Symbian. Basically its an entirely new OS and they could name it something else aside from "Symbian" had they wanted to.

S^3 will be going to lower end phones, and s40 will remain only for the dirt cheap phones, and as S^4 production costs go down, it will slowly replace S^3 as well. This is at least what I understand from the announcements from the last two Nokia world symposia.

@shinki - you cant blame people for insulting you when you are being disrespectful and wont even answer questions posed against you in rebuttals to your statements, and even refusing to read replies. Its just how it is: Respect others before they respect you.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    For some reason I cant load the pic, but I'm guessing its the memory full pic? It was taken last January (or was it March?) using beta firmware. Symbian^3 was declared ready just July, which again means, the pic means nothing as of yet.
    [url=http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2010/07/symbian-guru-com-is-over.html]Here, read it all too

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    @shadow - S^4 IS developed as a complete break from old Symbian. Basically its an entirely new OS and they could name it something else aside from "Symbian" had they wanted to.
    Hopefully S^4 wont be the Vista of symbian... i heard they will rehash most of the APIs to make it look non-symbian...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    [url=http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2010/07/symbian-guru-com-is-over.html]Here, read it all too
    Yup, that's the pic from the January-March version of the beta firmware. From what I remember, the beta firmware then had that happen at running two full pages of widgets and around 10 apps, and the Symbian^3 then was as heavy as S^1 and did not maximize use of hardware (the N8 has a GPU twice as good as the one on the 3GS and still better than the one on the i4 AFAIK). The current testing firmware is twice as light, however the issue to be faced in the future is that how much RAM will QT apps eat. At the current state of S^3 firmware, SIS/SISX apps wont be able to do this to it, but I dont know for QT apps how much RAM they will eat, as a number of QT apps will be ported from PC to phone (from what I gather).

The decision to go QT by Nokia was so that there would be cross platform apps, meaning apps for MeeGo will run on S^4 (some would run on S^3), and also on the Nokia PC software.

Also, as of now, S^3 will probably turn off a lot of people due to inherent similarities in looks with old Symbian (like what it is doing to Shinki and Shadow), but I think S^4 will be different. For a side note, minimum hardware requirements for S^4 to run is a 750Mhz Snapdragon and an Open GL ES capable GPU. Basically, the weakest S^4 phones will have near Nexus One specs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hopefully S^4 wont be the Vista of symbian... i heard they will rehash most of the APIs to make it look non-symbian...
    It wont look like symbian at all. It even has the drop down menu from the top status bar like android and bada has...LOL...

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast