Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Why is N8 phone taking so long, and where do we stand with Symbian?

Quote Originally Posted by shinki0016
    And by the way n8 with be the first and LAST symbian^3 device to be used as their flagship phone

stope wondering why, nokia and i might know why their throwing symbian as their os for their flagship device.

even nokia confirmed this by themselves
    Uh, I knew that. As early as 2009 before N8 was announced, Symbian already said that S^4 will be released next year and that it would be for high end phones. Almost everybody who have been here since last year knows that. It was on the news at GSMArena as well. Symbian^3 is a transition OS which Nokia will just release and was originally meant to replace s40 for low end phones once productions costs go down. Its been discussed for ages.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by mawerick
    N8 is not a flagship phone.
    LOL
    Does that mean N97 still is?
    I wish I was joking..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Oh i just realized

your from philippines

an all out nokia country, ok no wonder why

Its pretty pointless to have an argue with you
    coz people like you will only believe what they want to believe

btw

expectations are neither right or wrong

as i said respect each others opinion

its rude saying expectations are wrong

I am not saying you are wrong. You love the phone you have. I am just asking you to give me an opinion that I can't shoot down. And dont judge me. I would love an android phone had my carrier supported it and it had hardware support in my country (!#&Y#$(*@!#!(). What I'm saying basically is, give the people here comments with an actual basis, like having used the emulator, and not to say something will suck simply because the UI is the same as the old one. I am just pointing out information which you missed when you formulated your opinions.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    Uh, I knew that. As early as 2009 before N8 was announced, Symbian already said that S^4 will be released next year and that it would be for high end phones
    Hellloooooooo
    A day or two ago, you or Mawerick (no difference natch) said sth along the lines of, S^4 is not high end OS
    WTF?

What are the two of you thinking, and mor importantly, what are SF and Nokia thinking

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    LOL
    Does that mean N97 still is?
    I wish I was joking..
    Damien Dinning (Nokia representative) would just refer to the N8 as the next gen camera phone, and calls it the successor of the N86 and N82. Nowhere did he refer to N97. When the 5800 was released, it was the first S^1, but the N96 was still the flagship then right? Same thing with this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hellloooooooo
    A day or two ago, you or Mawerick (no difference natch) said sth along the lines of, S^4 is not high end OS
    WTF?

What are the two of you thinking, and mor importantly, what are SF and Nokia thinking
    S^4 will be initially released as high end (Do you think the prices would just go at mid range for a first time?). S^3 was meant for midrange and yet due to hype it's pricing is bordering on high end, and as released date nears, prices may go past $500. Crazy but true. This is what hype does.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Shadowminty

woahh how u wish you were joking about n97 still the flagship. i had wasted my 3 months using that device such a crap i think that phone was overrated
    just like this n8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hellloooooooo
    WTF?

It wasn`t me. S^4 was originally planned to be a high end OS, but after Moblin and MeeGo merger Nokia decided to move S^4 to mid-range phones and push MeeGo to high-end.
    N8 is camera centric phone (just like N86) not a flagship phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Shadowminty

woahh how u wish you were joking about n97 still the flagship. i had wasted my 3 months using that device such a crap i think that phone was overrated
    This I wholeheartedly agree. I was supposed to buy that thing until I saw the 434Mhz + 128MB RAM + no GPU. I had doubts it could handle an active widget screen.

The N8 IS overhyped, people are thinking that its meant to compete with Galaxy S, Droid X and Evo, but its not. ITS A TRANSITION PHONE, THE LAST ONE BEFORE THE OLD GEN SYMBIAN IS KILLED. People may get disappointed with it, but mainly it would be those who are expecting too much and did not follow announcements.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Wow are we having 2 shadowminty's here?

@maverick

why not a flagship phone?

isnt it that everytime nokia release a nseries device with a large digit (ex. they release n95 as flagship, release n79 not flagship still at n95, release n96 now flagship)

which make me think why nokia doesnt consider this as flagship phone

its scary if theyll gonna make it like their n86 coz remember the horrible firmware starting from v30 n86, the camera was severely changed in a negative way

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast