Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia N8 connected over USB OTG

yes the new hardware is great but why the same resolution screen and the ui still look pretty much the same

dont get me wrong i love symbian, i only choose symbian phones but it needs to look different it just feels the same because it all looks the same as previous models

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

With regards to UI, I personally find the Nokia homescreens better than that of apple or even android (one widget and a bunch of shortcuts per screen. The Nokia one can have 3 widgets and 8 shortcuts on a screen). On the inside, maybe its just me but what difference is there between tapping apps then your game folder to swiping 5x to the right or left? The looks? not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    With regards to UI, I personally find the Nokia homescreens better than that of apple or even android (one widget and a bunch of shortcuts per screen. The Nokia one can have 3 widgets and 8 shortcuts on a screen). On the inside, maybe its just me but what difference is there between tapping apps then your game folder to swiping 5x to the right or left? The looks? not a deal breaker for me.
    You can pinch, tap, tap to get an app running if your at the left most and want to go to the right most hs page. Its a lot easier to use than going through folders. Reason why i love spb mobile shell even though it doesnt have the helicopter option

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    That is the main reason why I don't buy a Samsung Wave. I love the folders in Symbian. It is like having 12 potentials folders in your menu instead of 12 potential slides.
    For example:
    I use seperate folders for:
    - music apps (radio, video, mp3players)
    - internet apps (browser, ovi-store, update, facebookapp)
    - GPS app (tracking, ovi maps, racechrono, speedometer)
    - tool apps (file mgr, killme, rompatcher, taskman, screenapp, widiget....)
    - uncategorizd apps
    - unused apps somewhere in subfolder of a subfolder
    - games
    - and much more.
    If i need a slide for every category i have, it is much slower in navigation and you have to remember which screen number is which category. Long live symbian for folder structure. I would also miss the messaging structure (inbox, outbox, draft, ...)

Everyone is complaining about symbian and that it has no major changes in updates. There are no major feature updates left for symbian cuz it does it all since s60v1! Symbian, in general, was complete (in functionality) from the start and only needed perfomance updates. Well should symbian be sorry it can copy/paste for years? Should it be sorry it can connect with BT to almost every device? Should it be sorry it can send file to other brands of phones? Should it be sorry it can be used by touchscreens withouth major changes?

The only thing Symbian need is a proper uninstaller and some power from the hardware to be perfect. End of story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12