Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Pictures: Nokia N8 vs. Samsung Galaxy S - AMOLED vs Super AMOLED

<style type='text/css'> #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 33%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; } </style> <div id='gallery-1' class='gallery galleryid-59422'><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><dl class='gallery-item'> <dt class='gallery-icon'> </dt></dl><br style="clear: both" /><br style='clear: both;' /></div>
    Here are some comparison pictures between the Nokia N8 AMOLED screen and the Samsung Galaxy S Super AMOLED Screen. Click on the thumbnails to view the original images
    Nokia N8 Specs: Nokia N8 does make for one compelling device with its 3.5” capacitive touchscreen, 12-megapixel camera with Xenon flash and 720p video capture at 25 frames per second, HDMI output, and Video on-Demand through the Ovi Store. Aside from its camera centric focus, the Nokia N8 is the first handset to run on the Symbian^3 OS. It has 16GB of internal memory, FM radio, FM transmitter, Wi-Fi, GPS...
    Samsung Galaxy S Specs: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 looks very similar to the Samsung Beam. It utilizes a large 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED screen, a 1GHz processor and the Android 2.1 operating system. The camera is 5MP with option for 720p HD video recording at 30 frames per second. Other goodies include 3G, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, HD video playback, as well as playback for many other formats like FLAC, and MKV.
    [Via] - Thx Mega
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/07/10/pictures-nokia-n8-vs-samsung-galaxy-s-amoled-vs-super-amoled/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Pictures: Nokia N8 vs. Samsung Galaxy S - AMOLED vs Super AMOLED

well, to compare you should adjust BRIGHTNESS on nokia m friend

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

well i think the point of comparison is that they both ARE on maximum brightness..
    SuperAMOLED is just that much better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@markiz - how do you even know they are on max brightness? I dont see it anywhere. However I also know that many reviewers posting videos dont seem to really know their way around Nokias.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Regardless of the brightness level, clearly S-AMOLED is significantly.. but pictures cant really capture the difference between both. You have to see the S-AMOLED in person to really appreciate it and be able to tell how bad the regular AMOLED is compared to the S

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EarlZ
    Regardless of the brightness level, clearly S-AMOLED is significantly.. but pictures cant really capture the difference between both. You have to see the S-AMOLED in person to really appreciate it and be able to tell how bad the regular AMOLED is compared to the S
    So finally I found someone who is using Galaxy S. Dude I am planning to switch over to Galaxy S, I just have few queries--
    1) How much effect does absence of camera Flash has in still photography? I mean how r u finding the camera working in low light and complete night conditions?
    2) What about visibility in direct sunlight?
    3) How loud is the speaker?
    4) Are u getting any drop while capturing HD videos in galaxy S just like it used to happen with Samsung I8910.

These are some of my queries.
    BTW as far as S AMOLED Vs AMOLED is concerned I have seen galaxy s once(hardly for 10 minutes) and the screen remains the best I have seen in a smartphone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by markiz
    well i think the point of comparison is that they both ARE on maximum brightness..
    SuperAMOLED is just that much better.
    this guy should increase the brightness, thanks. btw n8 also plays flac and mkv. the new nokia touchscreens are one of the best i've ever used.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Galaxy S looks better IMO too.. the only thing stopping me from buying a galaxy S is THE DAMN TOUCHWIZ UI! is there a option to turn it off? D:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dezshiz
    Galaxy S looks better IMO too.. the only thing stopping me from buying a galaxy S is THE DAMN TOUCHWIZ UI! is there a option to turn it off? D:
    I have seen many guys reporting about that,u can't turn it off but u have great launchers in Android launcherpro & adw launcher{free from market },just download it & u can use anyone as ur default launcher

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    how do you even know they are on max brightness?
    Because nokia uses regular amoled, and samsung super amoled.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast