Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Pictures: Nokia N8 vs. Samsung Galaxy S - AMOLED vs Super AMOLED

There are many reviews comparing Amoled with Super Amoled. The conclusion is the same: Super Amoled wins.

This site puts different phone displays against each other, where Super Amoled is presented by Samsung Wave.

Link: http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/02/1...samsung-s8000/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i have seen and tested a galaxy S and the screen is beautiful! it looks like the images are printed on some sort of glossy paper. Galaxy S is too big for my taste.

@TJ not much for difference for flash. Darkly lit room and taking a pic with flash can sometimes tend to be too bright. But the only drawback i can think is that you cant use your phone as a flashlight.

camera phones should be used in correct lighting conditions to get the best quality

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    There are many reviews comparing Amoled with Super Amoled. The conclusion is the same: Super Amoled wins.

This site puts different phone displays against each other, where Super Amoled is presented by Samsung Wave.

Link: http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/02/1...samsung-s8000/
    Samsung can easily develop the S-Amoled devices because the reason they're the main developer/provider toward the opto-electrical technology we can see this happen to their latest LED tech on the LCD market... try imagine this scenario:

Nokia rep: Hi there, we would like to get your latest LCD tech screen for our next running model.
    Samsung rep: Oh really, that's great, but to bad there won't be any available inventory currently and expect we only able to ship to you in next few month... blehhh :P

that's why all others hp maker suffer to keep in pace with those "techie" latest LCD technology into their latest devices :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

turn the birghtness to max in nokia n8! then look it again!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Lol fail, I have the captivate and while it has high brightness it dosnt destroy any phone like in those pics, turn n8 brightness to max then compare, i compared captivate to N1 and it was slightly better, why would n8 be different?

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    However I also know that many reviewers posting videos dont seem to really know their way around Nokias.
    Can you blame them?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    Can you blame them?
    Uh, lets see, The s60 interface is basically almost the same from the N70 to the N96, with only a few differences with s60v5, and Nokia aint the only company with Symbian phones. Before 2009, the hottest selling smartphones are Nokias. Yes I think I can blame reviewers who dont know their way around Symbian.

shadowninty

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    Uh, lets see, The s60 interface is basically almost the same from the N70 to the N96, with only a few differences with s60v5, and Nokia aint the only company with Symbian phones. Before 2009, the hottest selling smartphones are Nokias. Yes I think I can blame reviewers who dont know their way around Symbian.
    My friend has his X6 for a year and still hasnt figured ourt how to change HS
    Before that he had a Samsung Tocco (Star) and changed the HS the first day he got it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowninty
    My friend has his X6 for a year and still hasnt figured ourt how to change HS
    FOR A YEAR? Then that's just you paraphrasing that your friend is an idiot.

I agree that Symbian^1 has some idiotic UI choices, but still, it isn't hard to figure out unless you have some serious issues with technology in general.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

next time compare Nokia E7(4 inch AMOLED ClearBlackDisplay) to Galaxy S!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast