Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default N8 Hardware Chipset prediction

Something regarding the hardware for the N8, the phone might be build with the TI WiLink 7.0 (WL1281/WL1283) latest chipset, saying this because the BT 3.0 and the WiFi "n" is something new where not much chipset actually supporting it, looking at the N8 where have all BT 3.0 + GPS + WiFi b/g/"n" + FM Transceiver where all these luxurious features can all in-directly indicate they might use a "single" chipset solution... but just wondering how good the GPS performance on this WiLink 7.0 hopefully it's also using the same or more advance sensitivity then the NaviLink 6.0

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...ontentId=67453

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N8 Hardware Chipset prediction

It doesn't matter how awesome the hardware is.

You'll still have to live with Symbian^3.

I wish everyone would stop with the Symbian ^ 3 bashing! The OS isnt even on general release yet, and people are condemming it. Yes it is grounded on S60V5, but that doesnt mean its gonna immediately tank! Give the OS a chance before you condem it to the bin for god sake! Try it, if u dont like it, then sell ur new phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Seketh
    It doesn't matter how awesome the hardware is.

You'll still have to live with Symbian^3.
    I disagree on your statement, every device we purchase it all down to the hardware, the software side always can be updated and improve but when talk about hardware then it will be the hardcore limitation, this clearly seeing for the IPhone 3gs where lack of gps build in where if u need the feature u have to buy another hardware gadget to attach to it, also same as the FM transmitter no matter how good the OS are it's impossible to get that function through software update... when we buying a device the hardware is the hardcore items that "must have" the more the better, the better quality the best, as long as the hardware is there then all those UI improvement can be done with software updating, who know sooner later the S^4 will also be implement to the N8?? as long as the Nokia team have the "intention" to get it there should be no problem, that's why people choosing the Android because the OS kind of upgradable through user level (of coz for those hardcore developer) where it act like a PC where u can install any OS u like. Symbian now open source but not yet reaching the level of fully customisable, really hope the future devices will directly act stand alone in term of hardware & software. Some good example would be the N900 able to run the Android OS.

It's a shame that Samsung Omnia HD developer dont have the will to fully improve their OS as the hardware within is really a killing machine... all I can say this all down to the marketing and business where the maker tense to selling more newly devices to make more money and left the old devices die in vein

I own the 5800xm, and thanks god due to huge users group the Nokia seem still putting some intention toward it and keeping the firmware a live...

The N8 would be my next phone until there's another hardware killer machine appear.. but not now since I will also wait for it's price drop also more user group to increase as well as the firmware get at least "mature" enough... dont feel like be a lab rat at the same time paying highier price during it's initial launch :P

The WiLink 7.0 so far is the top in the field, really wish this is the chip that N8 using (:

The concern for me will be on the battery, not sure later those "chinese" battery will come out or not with the 1800mAH battery for this N8 or not... smartphone wont be good if u cant play around with it "heavily" :P

Just imagine u just need a single phone to replace:
    1. Camera (normal use)
    2. GPS device (high sensitive)
    3. FM transmitter (mp3 in car yoo hoo)
    4. Compass (good if u in thick jungle)
    5. HD player? (naiii not yet hit the 1080P full HD) hehe
    6. Camcoder? yah not bad the example shoot...
    7. eBook reader
    8. Mini netbook replacer... hmmmm
    9. Hotspot router... yeah... (come come let me share the internet services to u)

There's just too much goodies within... ..

Hardware... hardware... hardware... bring us more hardware...

Hehehe maybe the solar charging panel for emergency recharge (that's killing) :P

Hehehe, want to start a flame war?? for me the ipHone are for dummies use :P technical is the things that really make me excited hahhaah

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

im happy with s60v5 since it was a transition OS. But S^3 is a revamped v5 for touch im eager to test it out. hopefully the S^3 would not ruin N8s hardware like what s60v5 did to n97.

I never knew that the n8 can transmit your music via FM... Now i know but i dont find tha feature on the n8 users manual anywhere...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zymesh
    im happy with s60v5 since it was a transition OS. But S^3 is a revamped v5 for touch im eager to test it out. hopefully the S^3 would not ruin N8s hardware like what s60v5 did to n97.

I never knew that the n8 can transmit your music via FM... Now i know but i dont find tha feature on the n8 users manual anywhere...
    Same here i dont think n8 have any fm transmitter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NsrS India
    Same here i dont think n8 have any fm transmitter
    Wrong dude,IT DOES---

NOKIA N8 CONNECTIVITY:::

Bluetooth 3.0
    HDMI
    2mm Charging connector
    Micro USB connector and charging
    High-Speed USB 2.0 (micro USB connector)
    USB On-the-Go
    3.5 mm AV connector
    FM Radio
    FM Transmitter

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...specifications
    http://nokian8portal.com/nokia-n8-us...m-transmitter/

If anyone is looking to stay with the symbian only & don't wanna go outside Nokia Camp & looking for upgrade this year,its a very very capable device{although its still symbian }

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    Wrong dude,IT DOES---

NOKIA N8 CONNECTIVITY:::

Bluetooth 3.0
    HDMI
    2mm Charging connector
    Micro USB connector and charging
    High-Speed USB 2.0 (micro USB connector)
    USB On-the-Go
    3.5 mm AV connector
    FM Radio
    FM Transmitter

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...specifications
    http://nokian8portal.com/nokia-n8-us...m-transmitter/

If anyone is looking to stay with the symbian only & don't wanna go outside Nokia Camp & looking for upgrade this year,its a very very capable device{although its still symbian }
    Hardware wise the N8 would be a real killer machine... so far the most complicated mixture of hardware capability device compare with others current running model smartphone out there where some lack of FM transmitter some lack of digital compass and some still using older wifi/bt standard but all those devices still selling with rocket high price tag where for me it's a "bogus" mark up in price :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

[img width=800 height=544]http://symbianworld.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Recommended-Hardware-Requirements-for-Symbian.jpg[/img]

just wanted to share

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it would be nice if nokia starts using 1GHz RAM processor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast