Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia launches its N8 in Asia - highlights its smartphone market share

Finland's Nokia Corp. on Monday vowed to defend its number one position in the lucrative "smartphone" business, where it is under fierce pressure from Apple Inc.'s iPhone and Research in Motion Ltd.'s Blackberry.
    The Finnish giant's latest top-end device, the touch-screen N8, was unveiled at its annual Asian trade event in Singapore. The regional launch of the N8 comes exactly one week after Apple chief executive Steve Jobs unveiled an upgraded version of the phenomenally successful iPhone in San Francisco.

Smartphones are advanced handsets capable of Internet surfing, video recording and other multimedia functions on top of voice and text messaging. The N8 is based on the company's updated Symbian operation system.
    "Nokia's leadership has been questioned in recent months," Jo Harlow, senior vice president for smartphones, said in an opening speech at the event.
    "However, it is often overlooked that we continue to have the largest market share in mobile devices and the largest share in smartphones, which is the fastest growing segment," she said.

Nokia is still the world's top mobile phone maker but the company has struggled to find an answer to the iPhone and Blackberry in the smartphone sector, where profit margins are much higher. In April, Nokia announced it managed to boost the company's smartphone market share to 41% from an estimated 40% in October-December 2009. In absolute figures, it meant Nokia sold 21.5 million of the 52.6 million smartphones sold globally during the first quarter. For the first quarter, Nokia's net profit rose to EUR349 million ($425 million) from just EUR122 million a year ago, when it was hit by the global economic downturn. "The mobile telecom business as we once knew it, no longer exists," Harlow said.
    "Today's smartphones are capable of doing things that were considered impossible not long ago."
    [Via]
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/06/20/nokia-launches-its-n8-in-asia-highlights-its-smartphone-market-share/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia launches its N8 in Asia - highlights its smartphone market share

The dark grey looks awesome. The model itself looks good. Wish the OS was as good as the looks :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia launches its N8 in Asia - highlights its smartphone market share

And what's the price in Asia ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Rs 21029 or roughly 454$,that's in the same range as of 5800 at the launch time here in Asia..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Wow that's like 365€... I can't wait for it to come to Spain!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

so where i can buy in asia any idea ?? cant wait anymore.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

its still not available,August is the time but do believe Nokia should make it available in July OnLy .....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

cool! i'll expect one to be my birthday present.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i hope it gets launched by july, my bday month.....this time last year i got N 97....now dying for N 8...orange...common nokia hurry....i hope india gets orange color...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    Rs 21029 or roughly 454$,that's in the same range as of 5800 at the launch time here in Asia..
    If this pricetag is true then this is really an affordabe phone to get (:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast