Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: N8... is it really smart ?

today is big day for me.. i've learnt a real thing. and you will face such problem on s^3 too. now i'll go for winmo/android.
    i used skype. i ended my call. i went to the task manager and killed skype app (just not to mess up with stupid questions like oh baby do you really wanna exit skype?). skype was on wifi. wifi was still open. i disconnected wifi. phone reconnected. i closed it again and went making dinner. then i returned. 'poor' 5800 was lying with no battery telling me i have to recharge. but damn i noticed wlan icon there... so how do you like this situation? definitely if i wasn't at home (with charger) i've crashed this piece of crappy code against the wall.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    i've crashed this piece of crappy code against the wall.
    Ha Ha Ha

you have learnt how to be a terrorist ^_^

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    @r2504 - If you have your own definition of "smartphone" that is different from everybody else's, especially if its different from the accepted definition, there's nothing we can do about that.

Also, with smartphones, its almost taken for granted that you will sync it with Outlook or Google Calendar or whatever, and the data from your contacts and calendars there (like birthdays) will be synced into your calendar. The reason why a lot of people who uses Symbian does not notice the lack of in-phone contact birthday-calendar integration is because of calendar syncing.

Futhermore, there are some things different with Symbian^3 as compared to older Symbian devices that does not have contact info-calendar integration.

THE 10 YEAR OLD NOKIA PHONE YOU MENTIONED HAD AN OS MADE BY NOKIA. ALL OTHER PREVIOUS SYMBIAN PHONES HAVE AN OS DESIGNED BY A SEPARATE COMPANY CALLED SYMBIAN. Your argument of two phones made by the same company not being able to do the exact same things is made null by this statement. Its like asking why two laptops made by Dell with one running windows and one running Ubuntu cant run the same things. SYMBIAN^3 AFAIK IS THE FIRST SYMBIAN OS DESIGNED BY AFTER NOKIA BOUGHT SYMBIAN (s60v5 doesnt count because its just simple making old symbian OS touch screen compatible). This means that Nokia quirks on s40 phones has a high likelihood of appearing on N8, even if this is not confirmed.
    I have to disagree with you here man. Symbian OS was developed by Symbian, but the calendar and contacts apps are part of the S60 UI on top of that Symbian 9.4, which was developed by Nokia. Just like UIQ was developed by UIQ Technology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S60_(software_platform)

So r2504 has a valid point here. Nokia is used to focus on developing the apps themselves and the integration between them is left aside.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123