Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default How much will you pay for N8 ?

I know this topic has been discussed in this forum.
    The reason why I comment again on the price of N8 was about the product definition in samrtphone marketing.
    After the announcement of Apple iphone4, Samsung i9000 and HTC EVO,
    I guess most people should have the same point with me - it will be very difficult to win these smartphone in spec by N8.
    May be we can look forward the N9 in furture, but not N8 now.
    I think the N8 should be compared with Samsung Wave S8500, it was defined as "rich feature phone" by Samsung,
    you guys can google the spec. of S8500 then offer your point.
    In Taiwan, the price of S8500 was NTD14990(USD465) without plan.
    So I will pay most USD550 for N8, if the price of N8 will over my quota in August, I will try another phone even I really love it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: How much will you pay for N8 ?

i will buy the N8 if the price is under 400 €
    if the price gets lower, i won't be angry

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@fatdragonz - The N8 cant be compared to the Samsung Wave because N8 is a smartphone, however way you look at it.

I'm willing to shell out maybe upto 450USD for it.

shadowninty

€380 subsidised of course

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    @fatdragonz - The N8 cant be compared to the Samsung Wave because N8 is a smartphone, however way you look at it.

I'm willing to shell out maybe upto 450USD for it.
    Yes, I fully agree the N8 was smartphone.
    But the truly reason why I suggest to compare with S8500 was that the hardware spec. of N8 was not advantaged to compare with iphone4, HTC EVO, Samsung I9000...etc.
    Just take a look at the comparision with these models about CPU, display, memory...and the most important option -- OS, you will find the N8 only win in the area of multimedia.(That was also the reason why I am very interesting with N
    So I can't accept the released price of N8 which was too close with these above smartphone models.
    If Nokia update the CPU of N8 to Cortax A8, replae display with AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and update its resolution, make the battery was replacable, and finally the most important thing -- promise us the Symbian^3 will be more flexible and the OVI store will offer more interesting applications for S3, then I will prefer to pay more cost to get it.(maybe these will be done by N9, usually the number 9 was used for the flagship product by Nokia).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Ur missing one thing here,nokia n8 is not a nokia flagship device of the year,its just a camera flagship,when u say iphone4,galaxy s,,these r the flagships of the respecive companies,wait for 4th quarter I am pretty sure a nokia will be bringing a meego flagship device of the year..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Just heard one news (or rumor) from China, The Nokia of China will has the N8 on pre-order for 3100RMD(about 370 Euros) in the middle of July, Sim-free and tax exclude.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I am not buying the N8.. Symbian^3 is new .. After paying such a hugh amount (30k in india) i dont wanna come visit the forums looking for solutions to variious problems i'll face in the phone..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'll pay probably $500 USD max for it. I'm just tired I have to wait so damn long for the thing. Nokia generated all this hype for it, but by the time August or whenever gets here a lot of the hype will have died down and the world will already be obsessing over another device.

I'm probably gonna buy the N8 regardless, unless of course they announce some Meego phone that has as good of a camera and is touchscreen only. I just hate waiting for these things to come out :-(

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fatdragonz
    Just heard one news (or rumor) from China, The Nokia of China will has the N8 on pre-order for 3100RMD(about 370 Euros) in the middle of July, Sim-free and tax exclude.
    Thats impossible...
    i brought my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic in Shanghai in June 2009 (exactly a year before) & that too its a non wifi version with RM-427 for 2800 yuans or RMB & Nokia N97 was released for more than 4000 yuans or RMB

I've heard that Nokia N8 starts from 5800 Yuans or RMB onwards... news from Beijing

New Nokia Devices are a very little bit expensive than compared to India & far more expensive when compared to Europe. So thats y i've decided to get the new devices shipped from HongKong...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast