Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default need some outside opinions "N8 or N900"

I'm wit Tmobile USA and I'm thinking bout getting a new nokia phone (currently have 5800 XM) but I wus wondering which one to go wit, I fell in love wit the N900 but couldn't afford it for a while and now that I sorta can, there is a new kid in town called the N8 so what should I do; wait for the N8 or just get the older but very much alive N900??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: need some outside opinions "N8 or N900"

Please clarify what you need at first.
    If you want to use smartphone to instead of your notebook or you are a heavey user about instant messaging/facebook/twitter/email, you should choose N900.
    For me, I just need a carry DC which can let me take the picture any time & any where, so I choose N8.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I also have T-Mobile USA and I was having this same dilemma the other day. After several days of contemplating, I'm either going to get an N8 or wait for the N9, which very well may be the follow up to the N900.

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/06/09/ho...-and-x-phones/

Regardless, as much as I love the N900's features, its pretty much out of the question for me. For one thing, its HUGE. 2nd, it has a short battery life. 3rd, I take a lot of pictures and videos, and the N8 has a far superior camera,hands down.

On the other hand, the N900 runs Linux, so if that's a dealbreaker, go for it. You may also not give a crap about battery life, size, or the camera. I personally think the N900 hardware looks cooler than literally ANY phone I've ever seen.

Anyway,my advice is to wait to see what Nokia announces soon, or at least wait until someone inevitably leaks something. :P If the N9 is real and is indeed the successor to the N900, you'd probably want that instead.

Swear to god, if only they had the Maemo UI in Symbian ^3....I've never seen anything in my damn life that looks that cool. If they make a Meego phone with an N900-style UI with a 3.5 inch screen (no qwerty), good camera and battery, I'd saw off my left arm to have one

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

xD waitings the best option u dont wanna regret buyin a phone a few days b4 somethin bettr comes out
    n900 is mostly landscape use phon
    n8 has both landscp and vertical

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The newer software updates have fixed some of the portrait features on the N900, but it's still true that the N900 is a landscape-based phone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

wait for N9 or go with n8 if you need a phone...
    If u need some mobile computer go for n900
    n900 is good... i have one and feels really handy sometimes

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

n900 behaves more like a tablet then a phone

n8 will run sym3 have 12mpix cam and all kinds of goodies, so do you want a phone or a tablet?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

really useful advice thanks everyone, I 'll wait for more anouncements from nokia but Ipm leanin towards the N8 rite, except I really wanted a keyboard so I'm not sure bout the N8

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Here is my take.. If you want a good smartphone with camera the N8 is the way to go... I dont think you should invest in the n900 with the Meego sporting N9 also due later this year.

If i were you i would wait and see what the N9 has to offer, if you really want to go for it... The N8 over the N900 for now