Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: DON┤T BUY THE NEW N8!!! Who's with me? I thing i have good reasons inside...

Of course you will can, it depends just of the HW. Maybe the N8 will can update, maybe not too... i just still don't got it why Symbian 3 is going out if december (or early, maybe in the Nokias World Congress) will give us Symbian 4 and Meego... What for is S3?

There is a picture, somewere in the web, of a green phone like the N8 but with QWERTY keyboard and 64 GB... I'm almost sure that will bring 400-500 MB RAM and 1 MHZ Snapdragon, that will be my next phone, with meego or symbian 4. That will be the nokia's "Buggatti Veyron" of the market!

BTW, the Desire, Evo 4, Galaxy S and the N1 are amazing phones, they are the TOPs smartphones now, in HW and in FW too with the android inside... every update of the android are amazing what they have received... I'm waiting something like that from N9/MeeGO/S4.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: DON´T BUY THE NEW N8!!! Who's with me? I thing i have good reasons inside...

Quote Originally Posted by gran turismo
    Of course you will can, it depends just of the HW. Maybe the N8 will can update, maybe not too... i just still don't got it why Symbian 3 is going out if december (or early, maybe in the Nokias World Congress) will give us Symbian 4 and Meego... What for is S3?

There is a picture, somewere in the web, of a green phone like the N8 but with QWERTY keyboard and 64 GB... I'm almost sure that will bring 400-500 MB RAM and 1 MHZ Snapdragon, that will be my next phone, with meego or symbian 4. That will be the nokia's "Buggatti Veyron" of the market!

BTW, the Desire, Evo 4, Galaxy S and the N1 are amazing phones, they are the TOPs smartphones now, in HW and in FW too with the android inside... every update of the android are amazing what they have received... I'm waiting something like that from N9/MeeGO/S4.
    Are you sure N8 has 1Mhz processor?? lol :P
    Our 5800 processors are 434MHz !!!

N8 has 256MB RAM
    and 680MHz processor... not suitable for S^4 :P

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: DON┤T BUY THE NEW N8!!! Who's with me? I thing i have good reasons inside...

I wanted to get the N8 until the Samsung Galaxy S came out, its leaps and bounds ahead of the N8 and Nokia in general.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Symbian^3, being able to execute code for Symbian^1 and the new code will make for an easier translation, without a sudden, hard break.
    Developers will have the ability to write software that will run on S^3 and S^4 while the user will still be able to use the old apps until new ones are available. S^4 does not feature this code compability as far as I know.
    Oh, and: S^3 has been released in Feburary. It's June now and we don't have any phones featuring S^3 yet...
    And how is S^4 related to the Nokia World Congress? That one is Nokia centric, and the Symbian Foundation is not related with Nokia. Nokia, just like Samsung and some others, uses their Operating System.
    Oh, Meego is also released already

Are you talking about the one that has been proven to be a mockup? That one actually didn't come from Nokia.
    If you're talking about a different one: give me some credible sources please

Sure. The eye candy looks nice. But TBH: I don't need it. My E71 runs just fine with it's rather limited hardware. The OS appears to be stable enough. Since december 08 I've had one major problem due to a user error. Else the phone worked just as it should. When I look at other phone operating systems: everyone I know has had frequent problems with them loosing all the data stored on the phone or the phone being slowed down so far as to being unsuable without a reset. So thanks, but no thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I'm with upakul and fahrertuer. Since I've just recently bought my 5800 and since it can do almost everything that I want it to do well EXCEPT gaming I'm gonna wait for 3-4 years for another phone that nokia develops. Maybe the symbian^4. Hope I got my money saved for those 3-4 years!

An alternative that I would probably do would be to buy an up-to-date portable console (maybe the rumored psp2) since I really love my 5800 and gaming is its only weakness... 5800 + portable console= awesomeness!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberlion17
    I'm with upakul and fahrertuer. Since I've just recently bought my 5800 and since it can do almost everything that I want it to do well EXCEPT gaming I'm gonna wait for 3-4 years for another phone that nokia develops. Maybe the symbian^4. Hope I got my money saved for those 3-4 years!

An alternative that I would probably do would be to buy an up-to-date portable console (maybe the rumored psp2) since I really love my 5800 and gaming is its only weakness... 5800 + portable console= awesomeness!
    Yeah true!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Are you joking. Nokia will be rewarded with sales because the N8 is pound for pound, dollar for dollar...a winner. I have enjoyed my 5800XM for 16 months. Not the best phone, but for the money, unbeatable. Sorry you had a bad experience with the N97. Nokia certainly realized it's mistakes (low RAM, no GPU) with the N97 as a flagship...hence the N97 mini...which is a superior product. However, none of this was a big secret. Also, with all of its problems, the N97 does still deliver a tremendous amount of functionality. Who knows...maybe Nokia will have an interesting turn-in program for Nokia loyalists who originally bought a new N97.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

i m with you
    i will never buy a nokia phone again

my next phone is to 99 % an android

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The point is not "what u need", the point for me is to get the a good, almost the best smartphone in the market, by the best company of mobile phone, supossed to be Nokia right? So... congrats if your E71/5800 works 4 u... I'm talking about 2010 phones or 2009 phones at last... sorry.

The N9 is the phone that will bring an amazing performance, coz the N8 is good, but is not "amazing" in front of the Desire/N1, and Symbian in front of Android is getting down, that is why I will wait another phone, like the N9 or the S series.

Just the cam, the 12 MP is the "amazing" thing of the N8, the 720p and the AMOLED has all the HTC/Samsungs and now the iphone 4 have it. So, what is the exactly point to get the N8?

BTW the ARM11 of the N8 is a joke in front of the Snapdragon of the HTC... hard to accept, I know. Be a truly fan is really hard sometimes.

I like my N97, but is going to be a big dessapoinment if we don't receive a good firmware update this days... and an "I'm sorry" from Nokia

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it's ONE big thing why i like symbian and that's modding
    i can individualize my phone!!! and that's the reason why i will stay with nokia

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast