Join Today
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Nokia N8 Overview - Part 1 of 3

Chris Bennetts, Senior Product Manger on Nokia shows us an overview of the Nokia N8. This is the Part #1 of the video and the rest will be published here as soon as they get live!
    The Nokia N8 is a powerful combination of internet, video, photos, music, maps with Symbian^3 operating system. With a large capacitive touch screen supporting pinch to zoom, social networking integration, a Carl Zeiss 12 megapixel camera with wide-angle lens and Xenon flash, shooting 720p HD video, on demand Web TV, HDMI connectivity and USB OTG, you can create, discover and share a world of creativity. Additionally, for the software developers, the device includes Qt 4.6.2, Java MIDP 2.1 and Flash Lite 4.0.
    The Nokia N8 brings also compatibility with popular Internet video formats and desktop Flash. With optimized video streaming and playback support, Nokia N8 provides a fantastic platform for bringing your favorite TV and other video services to a mobile computer. We’re in the midst of finalizing the Web TV developer framework and will release a customizable open source Web TV app template, created and used in a collaboration with dozens of globally acclaimed broadcasters.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rER1fnBrJg[/youtube]
    [Thx Toni]
    <a href="http://www.dailymobile.net/2010/05/28/nokia-n8-overview-part-1-of-3/">
    </a>
    testing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia N8 Overview - Part 1 of 3

Waiting for the other parts...So far, the keyboard looks better than the old one and the menus seem a tad faster...=p

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

so far not really impressed, will wait for some real life reviews of this unit in order to decide if its worth time of day....and still going to buy iPhone 4th gen maybe even next month

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

anybody else see the glitching like lag sorta thing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

yep saw it too, but maybe its the video quality that is making it seem this way. and the video i saw on another blog and it does the same thing so who knows

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    yep saw it too, but maybe its the video quality that is making it seem this way. and the video i saw on another blog and it does the same thing so who knows
    there also doesnt seem a HUGE difference between this and n97 other than that it has 3 homescreens? and gallery looks different

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

it looks like a little better s60 v5 nothing ground breaking and that is my biggest turn off. i have been waiting for revolution in the os not evolution cause Nokia has done enough of the evolving old stuff lately.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by radical24
    it looks like a little better s60 v5 nothing ground breaking and that is my biggest turn off. i have been waiting for revolution in the os not evolution cause Nokia has done enough of the evolving old stuff lately.
    yeah i totally agree! its almost as though they just added some small features from n97 firmware and some cosmetic changes instead of some decent changes to the user experience

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Not bad at all! It's fast, simple and more functional then ever! And still it's a prototype!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Symbian^3 is pointless, really. I think it was just made as a quick fix to the current situation, I'll be waiting for Symbian^4. Nokia made a really big flaw here, take a look at iPhoneOS, Android, they're all upgradable, if Symbian^1 can't be upgraded to Symbian^3, i doubt it'll be able to upgrade to Symbian^4, as it doesn't resemble Symbian^3 at all. Well at least Symbian^3 does resemble Symbian^1 in some ways... Well, to some of us here, it might not be big deal, but think about it, Syambian^4 phones will be out in 2011 Q1, and during that time Symbian^3 is still new, if it isn't upgradable, Nokia will have another software to take care of! They simply can't discontinue support for phones which are only 6 months old! What is the secret behind Google/Apple's success? Because they only have a software to work on, but take a look at Nokia, they need to work on s40, s60v1, s60v3, s60v5, Maemo, Meego, Symbian^3 and Symbian^4 soon. Maemo software proved success, Nokia should discontinue legacy software except s60v3 maybe for keypad phones, and bring Maemo/Meego to their touchscreen phones, hire better UI designers and phone designers, since most of their phones looks old fashioned, and so does their UI. I know this sounds much easier than being done, but Nokia you know what to do

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast