Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: 8 good reasons to love the new Nokia N8

What will be the difference between the symbian ^3 and ^4 ?
    Is it like the difference between Nokia E71 and E72 ? Or is it a whole different operating system ?
    Why is ^3 out if they are going to release a better one in a few months ? sounds a little redundant... Like apple releasing Iphone 4G with a 3 OS Firmware and in 3 months another phone with OS4.

/BEGIN RANT

Basically Nokia is laughing at our faces with this N8, DO NOT BUY IT AND DO NOT SUPPORT THIS RIP-OFF

Classic Nokia 5800 case ... Sells fast,cheap build quality, rips people off, by the time they realize it's not a quality product, there's a new ripoff model.

I wanted to get the n8 at first but now as these disrespectful acts from Nokia continue I will go to a company that values her customers, even if they don't upgrade their device.
    I don't need to chase Nokia with all those silly OS's they release every month.. MAEMO, symbian #3 and 4, symbian v5, symbian v5 v2, meego, whatever.

Each one is is released admitting that the previous is pure shit, yet without upgrading the firmware on the "infected" devices.
    Meaning Nokia tells you " HAHA YOU GOT SCREWED, BUY THE NEW ONE AND GET SCREWED AGAIN NEXT MONTH WHEN WE LAUNCH MAEMO V4, IT'S JUST THAT WE FORGOT TO ADD A LITTLE SOMETHING LAST MONTH IN OUR PREVIOUS OS... HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND "

EPIC FAIL
    /RANT

Someone had to say this

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@Silencer - what about the 5800 you dont like? I own one, and I find it a great phone. Has never let me down yet. Never died on me (unless you include running out of battery), does everything I need it to do...It's a matter of opinion. The 5800 was made to be cheap, and I never felt it was a ripoff. The N97 was a ripoff, but the 5800? I'll think you'll find many who disagree. The 5800 is the best phone in terms of price/quality ratio...And when held to 5800 standards, the iPhone (1st gen) was the biggest ripoff, costing thrice the 5800's price with basically the same or less features.

As for suddenly releasing new OS, Since Like July last year, we knew that Nokia will release Symbian^3 for 2010, and Symbian^4 for 2011 and MeeGo at either year. Its nothing new. Nokia will not be screwing you.

Seriously I fail to see the validity of your rant. Unless you care to enlighten me as to why you are ranting?

As I said earlier, Nokia has before announced that they will provide cheaper smartphones for the masses, and with the hardware requirements that Symbian^4 needs, it will be impossible to sell snapdragon phones for cheap prices comparable to say, 5530, E63, 5230, 5320. The Symbian^3 hardware however allows one to be made at more reasonable prices. That is why I think that Nokia will not be suddenly witdrawing support for the S^3 as they also previously announced that they will be cutting back s40 phones.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

hey chanchan05... are you gonna buy N8?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

One of the best phones out there hardware wise, software wise its an improved 5th edition so it should be good, I want this phone because it has everything I need and want plus extras!

LOL @ this phone being cheap, are you kidding me??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by solidkevin
    One of the best phones out there hardware wise, software wise its an improved 5th edition so it should be good, I want this phone because it has everything I need and want plus extras!

LOL @ this phone being cheap, are you kidding me??
    LOL 2... i want this phone for it's camera...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ronelcisat
    LOL 2... i want this phone for it's camera...
    yep thats the main reason for me as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ronelcisat
    hey chanchan05... are you gonna buy N8?
    LOL. That girl on your pic has many posers on FB and FS.

Anyway, I think I will. I am gonna buy a new phone 1st Q next year. I think I wont move to S^4 as an early adopter. S^3 is close enough t S^1 to have less bugs than S^4 which is entirely new. The only reason for me not to get an N8 is if Nokia suddenly announces a new phone with S^3 and qwerty hardware before I get one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Use ur photo is better for me.

well, back to topic
    i love this fone, but unfortunately, the size of the screen is 3,5", like my n97..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by marvinloess
    Use ur photo is better for me.

well, back to topic
    i love this fone, but unfortunately, the size of the screen is 3,5", like my n97..
    Yea if it was 3.7" it would be PERFECT imo! But oh well, 3.5" isnt too bad, at least the iphone users cant brag, cause they have the same size lol

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

THIS IS THE BEST FONE BY NOKIA SOO FAR....EXPECT MORE MODELS WITH KEYPAD AND LESS FEATURES WITH LESS PRICE IN SYMBIAN 3 RANGE....BUT I LOVE N 8 COZ IT HAS EVERYTHING I NEED....sold my N 97 now coz wld nt get good price once N 8 gets launched....hopeit cme by july...and its my bday month....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast