Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia N8 Full Specifications Leaked

A flagship counts for one year doesn't it? So what's the point of announcing your flagship then when the year is almost over (assuming the N8 wouldn't be their new flagship)? This is quite surely the new flagship device...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I really like the specs on this phone..my 5800 contract runs out in October this year and hopefully this phone will be out by then..but I won't hold my breathe just yet, depends on any android phones which will be available at the same time. Also I'm guessing here in the UK it will be avaiable free on all ú30 or over networks tariffs for 18 month contracts...(assumption!)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vishakr99
    wen it comes to multitouch i think iphone is the best and droid incredible is also way better than nokia n8 !!
    multitouch isnt soo fast and thts goin to be a big draw back... the zoomin in and out of fotos isnt soo smooth..its lags
    Have anyone of you tested the device with its final firmware?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Nokia N8 Full Specifications Leaked

wen it comes to multitouch i think iphone is the best and droid incredible is also way better than nokia n8 !!
    multitouch isnt soo fast and thts goin to be a big draw back... the zoomin in and out of fotos isnt soo smooth..its lags
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZIP
    Have anyone of you tested the device with its final firmware?
    You got that right ! The only thing it's available are some fancy photos of the phone and some videos.

If it was a final product, it would be on the stores for sale. Not to be release in 3 to 6 months from now...

Also, comparing N8 to iPhone and some top Android phones are a compliment to Nokia because this phone way cheaper.

I still think N8 won't bring a very developed UI but the main/basic things you want to do with a phone are still very intuitive and this is a plus for Nokia. If you are an advanced user, then maybe you'll get disappointed...

One thing is certain, I don't know which phone I'm gonna get later but I'll take a close look to this one before changing to Android.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SA_master
    A flagship counts for one year doesn't it? So what's the point of announcing your flagship then when the year is almost over (assuming the N8 wouldn't be their new flagship)? This is quite surely the new flagship device...
    Its a viewpoint thing. People at the Nokia Support Forums also see this not as THE flagship device.

Nokia has been releasing flagships at random per year (Feb, March, July, whatever), not to mention that they already released the N97 mini earlier 2010. So what if I they decide to move the flagship release to Q4? Doesnt change anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Nokia N8 Full Specifications Leaked

I don't think this is gonna be the flagship of Nokia. This is clear a phone to make Nokia increase their sales. Not a top spec phone. Besides, the flagship will probably have Symbian^4 and better cpu and specs to be able to "hold" this new OS.

This phone is just a sweet to make people to wait and not run away to Android or some other OS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas1975
    I don't think this is gonna be the flagship of Nokia. This is clear a phone to make Nokia increase their sales. Not a top spec phone. Besides, the flagship will probably have Symbian^4 and better cpu and specs to be able to "hold" this new OS.

This phone is just a sweet to make people to wait and not run away to Android or some other OS.
    I hope that's true, cause the N8 would disappoint me quite badly if it were the flagship! They better hurry...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SA_master
    I hope that's true, cause the N8 would disappoint me quite badly if it were the flagship! They better hurry...
    Oh yeah, do you really expect the Nokia flagship to cost only 370 euro when all their flagships before cost like 600 or 700? Doubt. The N8 would be this year's 5800: Bang for buck. LOL.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Wonder if i should go for this or wait for the s^4 model. I hope the s4 model has a good spec to price ratio too, but i dont see that much of a change from the s4 model. Probabbly the difference would be the processor, i guess its 1Ghz and the s4 UI. What do you guys think?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kcube989
    Wonder if i should go for this or wait for the s^4 model. I hope the s4 model has a good spec to price ratio too, but i dont see that much of a change from the s4 model. Probabbly the difference would be the processor, i guess its 1Ghz and the s4 UI. What do you guys think?
    I say wait a while before going S^4. S^3 retains backward compatibility on apps and other stuff while bring a lot of new improvements. However S^4 would be an entirely new beast. No backward app compatibility and all that shit. Not to mention its current intended homescreen layout looks crappy IMO.

The gallery looks promising though.

For all intents, It seems I either go Symbian^3 or MeeGo.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast