Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Nokia N8 Full Specifications Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by chanchan05
    How can it not kill a 3GS? Whats so good about a 3GS that sets it apart from this? Nothing that I can see.
    You will know if you have actually owned one and used one for a long time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EarlZ
    FAIL response. In all ways hardware wise the N8 specs are better than the 3GS. For software, its a matter of preference. Nokia has never failed me yet, and after fiddling with iPhones I simply cant get to like the interface. The only thing that makes an iPhone better is the lower failure rate of their phones compared to Nokia.

Give me a real reason to validate your claim.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=2826

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

lol With a simplistic UI and the bonus of apps yea, but for everything else the Nokia N8 wins.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

FAIL response.
    A little bit too early for you to troll/flame, just like what you claimed that the N97 is $200 you over exagerate in this forum as well as others. Face it, we Filipinos know the dollar conversion rate at a daily basis. So please spare me the BS.

In all ways hardware wise the N8 specs are better than the 3GS.
    No, the processor on the 3GS is significantly faster. You can verify that on the link you posted and on the posts around here saying its "upto" 40% faster clock per clock.

For software, its a matter of preference. Nokia has never failed me yet, and after fiddling with iPhones I simply cant get to like the interface.
    A matter of preference is only looking at half of the picture, a non biased person who has used both Iphone and Symbian1 phones can easily tell that the software and apps on the Iphone is far far superior.

Liking the interface is purely a matter of preference, a lot of nokia users also dislike the interface on their phones and seek UI mods that make it look like an Iphone.

The only thing that makes an iPhone better is the lower failure rate of their phones compared to Nokia.
    If we compare the Iphone 3GS to all the Nokia phones that are out, the Iphone 3GS takes a massive leap in victory. If we compare it to the N8 chances are the N8 is the better phone but no one can really tell until it is out, the preview of Symbian^3 is a bit horrible and is not what most of the people expected, hoping that Nokia will fix it before N8 is released.

For failure rate it is true, I've already lost count on the number of 3G units and 3GS units that I've sold and so far there had been zero failures and only 1 buyer reported its OS crashed since he jailbreaked the unit. Nokia phones on the other hand tend to break/have hardware issues more often.. quite strange considering they are both coming from the same factories in china.

Give me a real reason to validate your claim.
    We all have a different definition of "kill" and on these grounds that the N8 is not yet released my claims dont need any more validation that what I have explained above, sure the N8 is a better phone but no way its a 3GS killer, maybe when its released and Symbian^3 is updated several times over then it will be a 3GS/4G killer.

Just to let you know, I dont personally own a 3GS anymore. I import factory unlocked units from HK and resell them here in the Philippines.. Globes charges for like 40k++++ for its 32GB unit while I sell 16/32GB units for significantly lower price, no jailbreaking no OS crashing what so ever. I still have/use 3 Nokia phones with me and will probably be getting an N8 a few weeks/months ahead before the retailers even have a peek at the cost price to the Ph. Personally Im more excited with the Samsung Galaxy S Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by symbiote.s60
    lol With a simplistic UI and the bonus of apps yea, but for everything else the Nokia N8 wins.
    Yeah probably, after more than a year Nokia manages to catch up with the Iphone in terms of specs but lets see when the 4G arrives.. that should be a fair comparison since both units will be out for 2010. I am still hoping that the Iphone 4G will do better plainly for the sake of my business

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The onli thing that worries me is the one speaker
    if its loud and clear tht will be the bessst
    i cant wait and imagine an xpressmusic phone with media wall and stuff xD

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@EarlZ

1. I meant fail response and I mean it. The response you gave me fails to provide a reason. Seriously. "You will know if you have actually owned one and used one for a long time" is not exactly thought provoking. It still is a fail response no matter how I look at it.

2. For your info, no I couldnt care less for the daily dollar exchange.

3. 600mhz vs 680mhz, couple that with a better GPU. The hardware "combination" is what makes it better. Not piece by piece. of course there is till the question of OS performance.

4. As I said, software design and UI and apps is a matter of preference. an Iphone is too proprietary and too limited unless you jail break it. You cant even send files through bluetooth or multi task, unless you jail break it. As for the apps, well I couldnt really care less for the apps that cater to idiots (well, more than 80% of apps I've seen on the app store are this). Do you really need a 100 versions for a fart app? A CPR app? C'mon know it by heart. Relying on an iPhone for this is utter FAIL. A medical app to help doctors? What kind of a doctor are you to rely on this? They make you pay for an app that turns your screen blue and supposedly removes pimples? CRAP.

5. I conceded the failure rate on the previous post.

6. From a previous post of mine, I already stated that even if the N8 has better hardware in most cases to "kill" an iPhone, it never will due to awesome marketing from Apple.

In short, you fail to understand my statement and base everything on a single post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The 600Mhz A8 performs ~40% better than the 680Mhz ARMII on the N8 so thats like a 840Mhz ARMII.

it never will due to awesome marketing from Apple.
    You just answered your own argument about why the N8 is not a 3GS killer, congratulations for finally understanding on what I said before.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

@EarlZ

- That still does not answer your response. Your response was use it for some time and I will see. I am asking what makes the 3GS so definitely apart from the 3G for you to say that. Nothing about marketing in your answer.

- also you said it can kill a 3G but not a 3GS. If you are taking my post about Apple's marketing department as the answer, which I posted before you posted your "3G but not 3GS killer" for the answer, the marketing department would cover the promotion since they give OS updates for 3G as well, making your previous statement that it is a 3G killer not fitting.

You're going around in circles. I took into consideration that you read the entire thread before even answering any post, which implied you were referring to hardware, or some feature that definitely sets 3GS apart from this and the 3G, which is why I asked you to enlighten me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Yeah probably, after more than a year Nokia manages to catch up with the Iphone in terms of specs but lets see when the 4G arrives.. that should be a fair comparison since both units will be out for 2010. I am still hoping that the Iphone 4G will do better plainly for the sake of my business
    If Apple continues the same way they are right now, then no doubt the 4G's gonna sell big with the really low failure rate that Apple gives.

But fortunately in the Philippines we have the wonderful Nokia Care that seriously tends to our phones (mine at least, they've been very top notch with fixing my 5800's probs) so I'll stick with the N8.

If I lived somewhere else tho, then it'd probably be the 4G for me.

lol And the only reason I stick to Nokia is 'cause I've owned one since I knew how to read. (tested and proven imo)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

The 600Mhz A8 performs ~40% better than the 680Mhz ARMII on the N8 so thats like a 840Mhz ARMII.
    It doesnt work that way.

An A8 executes 40% more instructions at the same clockspeed. Processors does not in anyway compare in real life as what you said. Thats just so misinformed.

An A8 processor is faster because it has a full instruction set thanks to NEON, unlike ARM 11 which only has rudimentary instruction sets. Also, A8 has full use of an L2 cache, which ARM11 rarely uses, but in no way does it translate to it working as fast as a 840Mhz ARM 11. When operating only a single process, an ARM 11 680Mhz should work faster than an A8 with 600Mhz because no matter what you do, it can only reach 600Mhz as its clockspeed. The difference comes when we take into account how many things are working on the background, meaning how light the OS is on the hardware resources. If Symbian^3 proves so much lighter than the iPhone OS in terms of instruction sets, there should be no noticeable difference in speed. For example, if the iPhone OS has 100 instructions per second, and the Symbian OS has only 60 instructions per second, they should perform at exactly the same speed when you run an app with the same number of instruction sets.

Then we couple this with a GPU. We now compare the Apple's GPU with the N8's. The Apple's GPU has a capability of 7-20million polygons per second with the announced N8 GPU which according to data has 32million polygons per second. Meaning this is where the things get hairy. We have no idea which combination would work better. ARM11+better GPU or A8+worse GPU.

From the above, we can see that the only thing left for the N8 to wait for is the OS, whether it does credit to the hardware.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast