Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Which non-money$oft operating system do u use?

I'm just wondering which non-MS operating system u guys use.
    From linux distibutions like Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu, Mandriva, Debian or Gentoo over some other little(but powerful) projects like ReactOS.

I've used openSUSE before and changed then to ubuntu, but not without havin a look to that great ReactOS project and awaiting a working version on REAL hardware

So, which one do u use(or would like to use but are to dependent to money$oft)?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Which non-money$oft operating system do u use?

U guys are all married to microsoft?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Simonator92
    U guys are all married to microsoft?
    Yep.
    I've used Microsoft OS starting from DOS and Windows 3.1 (old times...).
    However, not all was love.

I've hated Windows 95, Windows ME and Windows Vista, because they were not stable, had a crappy way of operating or were too fat.

I loved Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 7.

I've also tried Mac OS (the early versions) and Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, and few others), but didn't stick to them.

Overall, Microsoft OS (especially with Win7) is good enough both for personal use (multimedia, gaming, communications, etc...) and for business (office, specialized apps).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Yep.
    I've used Microsoft OS starting from DOS and Windows 3.1 (old times...).
    However, not all was love.

I've hated Windows 95, Windows ME and Windows Vista, because they were not stable, had a crappy way of operating or were too fat.

I loved Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 7.

I've also tried Mac OS (the early versions) and Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, and few others), but didn't stick to them.

Overall, Microsoft OS (especially with Win7) is good enough both for personal use (multimedia, gaming, communications, etc...) and for business (office, specialized apps).
    used: win98, win2k, winME, winXP, vista, 7, os x tiger, ubuntu, mandriva, suse.
    love: vista, 7, me, 2000, os x tiger, suse
    hate: ubuntu, xp, os x leo
    current: vista home premium

opinion: windows is still must have. why? availability of almost ANY apps. linux is good FOR HOME USE when you sit a few days with it tweaking 'n' fixing any issues (drivers, codecs, etc.). mac os x is now glam stuff, f**k steve jobs. os x tiger was the best mac os x.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Thx4replies, i've used all the MS OS's too, starting from the good old DOS.

I don't say that its all crap which MS releases. No, its good and not that bad. I just hate the way microsoft distribute their work.

I really would like to pay 40€ for an operating system, but not more. They would make more money when they would do that, as then its not even worth to load a cracked version if u can buy it at the next store for an acceptable price.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Simonator92
    Thx4replies, i've used all the MS OS's too, starting from the good old DOS.

I don't say that its all crap which MS releases. No, its good and not that bad. I just hate the way microsoft distribute their work.

I really would like to pay 40€ for an operating system, but not more. They would make more money when they would do that, as then its not even worth to load a cracked version if u can buy it at the next store for an acceptable price.
    my policy of sw is like this:
    i want to pay for good, stable OS. for example i have a license for vista home basic, it lacks aero (so i use home premium hehe) but any other things are perfect for me. but i WON'T pay any cent for additional software. no day i will change my mind. this is bcuz today i use photoshop, tomorrow there is new free editor with things i need only. but os i use every day. so this is it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

If the prices of sw is too high, it is only natural that people go looking for free (or cracked) solutions. This is especially true for Photoshop or MS Office. Even the OS is still expensive, so it pays to buy it as OEM, together with a new PC.

I would pay for OS on my main PC, because I don't want anything to go wrong with it. I would also pay for extra software, if the price is acceptable , the software is a good value, and there is no freeware alternative. For example, if I try a game and I like it, I pay for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    If the prices of sw is too high, it is only natural that people go looking for free (or cracked) solutions. This is especially true for Photoshop or MS Office. Even the OS is still expensive, so it pays to buy it as OEM, together with a new PC.

I would pay for OS on my main PC, because I don't want anything to go wrong with it. I would also pay for extra software, if the price is acceptable , the software is a good value, and there is no freeware alternative. For example, if I try a game and I like it, I pay for it.
    yeah the prices of photoshop and office are crazy.. not like some lil stuff like players, tweakers etc.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I go with usta. But so sad in India. Here piracy is one of the major crisis.. One of my class mate bought win7 just for 60bucks..lol.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Me using Win7,Macbook,ubuntu..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast