Join Today
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Default Re: Best windows for gaming

its simple mate,

Windows 7 for play New Games
    Windows XP for play Old Games

and Why u use Vista? u cant play better games on 7

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

win7 is the best if u have good computer. use xp if u have old one

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Hi i went to win 7 ultimate 64bit when i upgrated my pc and i.m very happy with it and if i have a problem with a game i select to play it like i have vista and it works.

P.S. I've tried to play unreal tournament 2000 GOTY on win 7 and i failed very hard.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    Some time ago I've tried the game "Witcher" from a friend, on W7 64bit and it didn't run. After trying the usual fixes (compatibility mode, etc...) I've found out that that version was made to run only on 32 bit OS.

I may be subjective, but Vista is irritating for me. W7 is fast and logical. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
    nope, you just can't cook vista properly. no insult, but it's good os.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sanja5800
    nope, you just can't cook vista properly. no insult, but it's good os.
    I'm not talking about heavy tweaking of Vista.
    An average tweaking of the OS to suit your requirements should be sufficient to make the OS work. In this respect, XP and W7 perform much better and show more compatibility than Vista. There were too many issues with Vista that made it very unpopular for the public, such as the irritating UAC, Driver signing requirement, DRM integration, slow performance in apps and games, software compatibility, driver issues, high HW requirements...

If I had a choice from XP, Vista and W7, I'd go for W7 with XP as an alternative. Then I would customize those two OSs to suit my needs. I don't need to waste my time with a bloated OS like Vista, when there are better alternatives.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by usta
    I'm not talking about heavy tweaking of Vista.
    An average tweaking of the OS to suit your requirements should be sufficient to make the OS work. In this respect, XP and W7 perform much better and show more compatibility than Vista. There were too many issues with Vista that made it very unpopular for the public, such as the irritating UAC, Driver signing requirement, DRM integration, slow performance in apps and games, software compatibility, driver issues, high HW requirements...

If I had a choice from XP, Vista and W7, I'd go for W7 with XP as an alternative. Then I would customize those two OSs to suit my needs. I don't need to waste my time with a bloated OS like Vista, when there are better alternatives.
    if i had license for w7, i would use it. but i have license for vista so my way is to mod it. and guess what it can be same fast as 7. xp shouldn't be considered as it's just low-end os like win 98 on 3 ghz huh
    uac can be disabled. 1 reboot and voilla it's gone. if you make custom vlite vista, you can even disable uac by default. yeah 7 comes full of drivers. but sometimes xp sucks at driver search, when in vista you could use the new device already.. example: famous 5800 mtp device..
    sw compatibility equals to win7 usage: same admin rights+compatibility mode etc.

bro, actually, hw requirements are the same. it's Microsoft marketing nothing more!!! just look, in vista born time we had so so pc. then it comes to seven. we had already same minimum to run vista. so we don't need upgrade our pc more. just because by THIS time it's already has proper hw.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

I would choose win7 over vista. Simply win7 is something like a (much) better vista. It's improved many ways and totally usable

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Windows 7 32bit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Can I pose a question to everyone here...........I noticed that a lot of people are using Windows 7....obviously due to the fact that this is the new one, & everyone must have it because it is new and up to date so to speak.........
    Coming to the gaming scene on W7, major problem being that all the games getting released lately are only Windows Live crap so the issue is that if windows 7 takes over completely you do realize that you need a constant internet connection and a windows live account just so you can run these brilliantly great new games we see now........not to mention the fact that Windows 7 isn't finished and Microsoft are planning to release a "Windows 8" to fix there issues they are facing now that they have released an unfinished OS... just a thought, I have been on this topic a while with some of my mates......

Look I run Linux OS's and have absolutely no problem with running & installing any game I have wether it is windows XP, Vista, or 7 live based games, I have got them to run.
    Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 - Running Paranoid Android
    Nexus 7(2nd GEN) - Running BETA Lollipop (Android 5.0)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch - Running Paranoid Android

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

with wine (or other stuff like it)? u exactly have an awsome PC man!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast